Pangulong Duterte, wala pang desisyon kung sino ang susuportahan sa 2022 elections – Malakanyang

Robie de Guzman   •   June 3, 2021   •   624

MANILA, Philippines – Inihayag ni Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque ang pangalan ng ilang personalidad na posibleng basbasan ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte bilang kandidato ng administrasyon sa 2022 presidential elections.

Kabilang sa mga binanggit ni Roque ay sina Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte, Senador Bong Go, Senador Manny Pacquiao, dating Senador Bongbong Marcos, at Manila Mayor Isko Moreno.

Ngunit paglilinaw ni Roque, wala pang desisyon ang Pangulo kung sino sa mga ito ang kanyang susuportahan.

Hindi rin aniya sang-ayon ang nakatatandang Duterte na tumakbo sa pagka-pangulo ang kanyang anak sa darating na halalan.

“Alam ninyo nung talagang kinausap ko siya diyan at wala pa siyang desisyon. Mayroon lang talaga siyang options na sinabi but as of now, siguro nakatutok pa rin ang presidente dito sa pandemiya, dito sa bakuna,” ani Roque.

Samantala, naniniwala naman ang Palasyo na hindi ipinagbabawal ng batas na tumakbo sa pagka-bise presidente si Pangulong Duterte kasunod ng resolusyong ipinasa ng partidong PDP-Laban na nag-uudyok sa punong ehekutibo na kumandidato sa 2022 election.

Ngunit sa ngayon, ayon kay Roque, ay pinag-iisipan pa ito ng Pangulo.

“Kung pinagbabawal po ang presidente na tumakbong VP (vice president), dapat po sinulat yan, nagkaroon ng teksto sa ating saligang batas na nagbabawal diyan pero since wala pong prohibition, it must be allowed,” ayon sa opisyal.

Samantala, sinabi naman ni Roque na walang nakikitang problema ang Pangulo sa PDP-Laban at nananatili pa rin namang acting president ng partido si Pacquiao.

Ito ay sa kabila ng nangyayaring tensiyon sa pagitan ng ilang miyembro nito kasunod ng pagpalag ni Pacquiao sa ipinatawag na national council meeting ng PDP-Laban kamakailan.

Philippines won’t cooperate with ICC probe, Palace maintains

Robie de Guzman   •   September 16, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang on Thursday maintained that the Philippine government will not cooperate with the International Criminal Court (ICC) investigation into the Duterte administration’s anti-drug campaign.

Chief presidential legal counsel Salvador Panelo said the ICC has no jurisdiction over the Philippines and its decision to authorize an investigation into the killings under the government’s war on drugs is interference into the country’s domestic affairs.

He also stressed that the country has already withdrawn from the Rome Statute – the treaty that established the ICC.

In March 2019, the Philippines effectively withdrew from the Rome Statute after Duterte cancelled the country’s membership of the ICC’s founding treaty.

Under the ICC’s withdrawal mechanism, the court retains jurisdiction over crimes committed during the membership period of a state.

The ICC on Wednesday said that its Pre-Trial Chamber 1 has granted then Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda’s request to formally conduct a full investigation into the Philippines’ drug war.

Bensouda previously argued that there is a reasonable basis to believe that murder has been committed in the Philippines between July 1, 2016 and March 16, 2019 in the context of the state policy.

But Panelo said the ICC can only conduct an investigation if the state’s judicial system is no longer functional, which is not the case in the Philippines.

It must also be proven that the state is unwilling to prosecute suspects in order for the ICC to launch a probe.

Panelo said ICC probers will not be allowed to enter the Philippines. He also believes that the investigation was politically motivated.

Mayor Sara urges supporters to back President Duterte’s VP bid

Robie de Guzman   •   September 16, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte has called on the public to support President Rodrigo Duterte’s vice presidential bid in the upcoming 2022 elections.

The presidential daughter made the call as she reiterated her earlier stand that she will not run for president after her father formally accepted the nomination as the vice presidential bet of the ruling party, PDP-Laban.

“Mayroong kaming maayos na kasunduan ni Pangulong Duterte sa aming kani-kaniyang karera sa pulitika. Ibigay po natin sa kanya ang pinakamalakas natin na suporta sa kanyang desisyon na tumakbong vice president,” she said in a video message posted on her official social media account.

Mayor Sara earlier said she will not seek a national position in next year’s polls, adding that her father’s political plans will not affect her own.

Sara Duterte has consistently topped presidential election surveys.

Several political parties have also declared their support for the mayor should she decide to join the presidential race.

Mayor Sara thanked those who have expressed their support and trust in her capability as a leader.

“Pinapaabot ko ang aking taos pusong pasasalamat sa mahigit kumulang 700 parallel groups na nag-oorganisa para ako ay tumakbong pangulo. Ito ay isang karangalan na hindi nabibili at hindi ibinibigay sa lahat ng pulitiko… Sana ay ituloy natin ang pagtulong sa ating mga kababayan, kahit hindi para sa kandidatura o sa eleksyon,” she said.

91% of COVID-19 cases in Davao City are unvaccinated — Mayor Sara

Robie de Guzman   •   September 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Majority of COVID-19 cases recorded in Davao City last week have not received anti-coronavirus vaccines, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio said.

In a statement, Duterte said that 91.13 percent of the city’s 3,304 cases from Sept. 5 to 11 were unvaccinated while 8.86 percent are vaccinated.

Of the 293 vaccinated COVID-19 cases, she said 148 received Sinovac shots, 72 got AstraZeneca, 62 got Pfizer, six with Moderna, four got Johnson & Johnson, and one had Sputnik.

Duterte-Carpio said most of the vaccines rolled out in the city were Sinovac, which explains the recorded number of cases and the brand they received.

She also stressed that all of the vaccinees who contracted COVID-19 only manifested mild symptoms or are asymptomatic.

Makita nato numbers ni sya nga gikuha nato sa positive cases nato sa COVID-19. Dunay dako nga diperensya kung vaccinated ka o unvaccinated ka. This should guide us nga magdecide magpabakuna na,” Duterte-Carpio said in an interview over the city-run radio station on Monday.

(We see the numbers of our COVID-19 positive cases. There is a big difference if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated. This should guide us to decide to get inoculated.)

Meanwhile, from September 5 to 11, Davao City logged 59 deaths. Of this number, 55 or 93.22 percent were unvaccinated while four or 6.77 were vaccinated.

Of the four vaccinated deaths, two got Sinovac jabs while the other two received Pfizer shots. Some vaccinated individuals who either become severe or critical COVID-19 cases and eventually die, usually have not completed their second doses.

Dili na ta kinahanglan mupili og bakuna because there’s that chance sa tanang klase sa bakuna nga magpositive gihapon ka sa COVID-19,” Mayor Sara said.

(We don’t need to choose a vaccine brand because there’s that chance that all kinds of vaccines will still not prevent you from getting infected with COVID-19.)

Ang importante lang dapat masabtan sa tanan dili ta severe or critical case nga kinahanglan ta musulod dinha sa ospital og magpakitabang sa atong mga doctors og mga health care workers nga overwhelmed na, gikapoy na sila, wala na silay pahulay, nangahadlok na sila. And in fact, very recently, namatyan sila diha sa SPMC og health care worker,” she added.

(What’s important is for everybody to understand that we won’t be a severe or critical case that would need to be hospitalized and get help from our doctors and health care workers who are already overwhelmed, tired, without rest, and scared. Just recently, an SPMC health care worker died.)

Duterte-Carpio also stressed the need for people to understand that with the COVID-19 response, the hospitals need not be overwhelmed since hospital beds, oxygen tanks, doctors, and nurses can no longer take more patients.

Magpabakuna ba ko bisag there is a chance nga mag positive ko? Yes! Kay makatabang nga dili ka maging severe or critical case,” she said.

(Will I still get vaccinated even if there is a chance that I’ll be infected with COVID-19? Yes! Because it would help you not to become a severe or critical case.)

She also reminded the public not to be complacent and to continue adhering to social distancing, and other public health protocols since 90 percent of the city’s population has yet to be vaccinated.

As of September 12, Davao City has logged 8,700 active cases of the total 43,039 COVID-19 cases since March 2020 with 33,027 total recoveries and 1,312 deaths.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.