Palace extends diversion of Cebu-bound int’l flights to NAIA until June 12

Robie de Guzman   •   June 8, 2021   •   410

MANILA, Philippines – The diversion to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) of international flights bound for the Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) will be extended to June 12, Malacañang announced on Tuesday.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the office of Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea has issued a memo extending the flight diversion “until 23:59 hours of June 12.”

 Roque said this is to provide ample time for authorities to thresh out Cebu Province’s COVID-19 protocols for returning Filipinos, which differs from the directives issued by the national government.

International flights for MCIA were initially redirected to NAIA from May 29 to June 5.

“Ito po’y para maayos yung pag-implement ng IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) arrival protocol sa Cebu,” Roque said in a media briefing.

The Cebu government requires passengers to undergo a test upon arrival at the airport while the IATF requires screening of passengers on the 7th day of their quarantine.

President Rodrigo Duterte last week met with Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia to discuss this difference.

Roque expects the Cebu government to comply with the specific protocols mandated by the IATF after the flight diversion period ends.

“Upon resumption of flights to Mactan-Cebu International Airport, the travel and testing protocols approved by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Infectious Diseases will be fully and seamlessly implemented,” Roque said, reading from the memo.

“Inaasahan po natin that on the 13th of June, the IATF protocols on arriving OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) and OFs (overseas Filipinos) will be implemented in Cebu. Yan po ay according to the memorandum issued by the executive secretary dated 5 of June 2021,” he said. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)

Phl logs lowest new COVID-19 cases since July 2020 at 665

Maris Federez   •   November 30, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health (DOH) recorded 665 new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases Monday (November 29), the lowest single-day count since July 2020.

This brings the country’s tally since the onset of the pandemic to 2,832,375.

Meanwhile, active infections continued to dip to 16,289.

Of these cases, 48.1 percent are mild, 23.82 percent are moderate, 15.6 percent are severe, 6.6 percent are in critical condition and 6.0 percent have no symptoms.

Meanwhile, total recoveries rose to 2,767,585 after 993 more patients recuperated from the disease.

On the other hand, COVID-related deaths climbed to 48,501 with 141 new fatalities.

The DOH noted in its report that all accredited testing laboratories in the country were operational on November 27 but five laboratories failed to submit data on time.

Meanwhile, the Johns Hopkins University reported that the overall global COVID-19 caseload has reached 261,519,267; while the deaths have surged to 5,199,920.

The US, the report said, is the worst-hit country with the world`s highest number of cases and deaths at 48,229,273 and 776,639, respectively.

 

NCR to remain under COVID-19 Alert Level 2 until Dec. 15

Maris Federez   •   November 29, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) approved on Monday (November 29) the recommendation to still place the National Capital Region under COVID-19 Alert Level 2.

In an advisory released Monday night, acting presidential spokesperson, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said that the following areas have also been placed under Alert Level 2:

  • Cordillera Administrative Region: Benguet, Abra, Kalinga, Baguio City, Mountain Province, and Ifugao;
  • Region I: Dagupan City, Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Norte, La Union, and Pangasinan;
  • Region II: Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, and City of Santiago;
  • Region III: Angeles City, Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Olongapo City, Pampanga, Zambales, and Tarlac;
  • Region IV-A: Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon, and Lucena City;
  • Region IV-B: Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Princesa City, Marinduque, Romblon, and Palawan;
  • Region V: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Sorsogon, Masbate, and Naga City;
  • Region VI: Aklan, Antique, Bacolod City, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, Iloilo City, and Negros Occidental;
  • Region VII: Bohol, Cebu, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Negros Oriental, and Siquijor;
  • Region VIII: Biliran, Eastern Samar, Leyte, Northern Samar, Ormoc City, Southern Leyte, Tacloban City, and Western Samar;
  • Region IX: City of Isabela, Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, and Zamboanga Sibugay;
  • Region X: Bukidnon, Cagayan de Oro City, Camiguin, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, and Misamis Oriental;
  • Region XI: Davao City, Davao del Norte, Davao de Oro, Davao del Sur, Davao Occidental, and Davao Oriental;
  • Region XII: General Santos City, North Cotabato, Sarangani, South Cotabato, and Sultan Kudarat;
  • Region XIII (Caraga) Butuan City, Surigao del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Sur, Dinagat Islands, and Agusan del Norte; and
  • The Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao: Basilan, Cotabato City, Tawi-Tawi, Sulu, Lanao del Sur, and Maguindanao.

The province of Apayao, however, shall be placed under Alert Level 3.

Nograles added that the said Alert Level shall be effective from December 1 to 15, 2021.

Border checkpoints, muling ipatutupad sakaling itaas ang alert level sa Metro Manila – PNP

Robie de Guzman   •   November 29, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Handa ang Philippine National Police (PNP) na muling ipatupad ang border checkpoints sakaling itaas ang alert level sa Metro Manila kasunod ng banta ng Omicrcon COVID-19 variant.

Ayon kay PNP chief Police General Dionardo Carlos, ilalagay ang checkpoins papasok at palabas ng Metro Manila upang malimitahan ang galaw ng publiko at mapigilan ang posibleng pagkalat ng bagong variant.

“As long as it will be of help maprevent natin ang variant natin ito, Kasama po kami ng buong gobyerno para pangalagaan po ang ating mamamayan para hindi na kumalat itong ating hindi nakikitang kalaban na COVID-19 virus,” ani Carlos.

Handa rin aniya ang PNP na muling ipatupad ang paggamit ng face shield kung ipag-uutos ito ng Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID).

“We will always abide with the IATF kung yan ay makatutulong para maiwasan ang pagkalat ng COVID-19 virus, we will leave it up to the experts. Kaya nga po palagi kaming nagbabantay sa lumalabas na resolusyon ng IATF at nandyan naman po yan e, ang aming mga face shield ay inilagay lang muna namin sa tabi pero andyan pa din po anytime,” ani Carlos.

Sa kasalukuyan ay nasa Alert Level 2 ang Metro Manila sa gitna na rin ng patuloy na pagbaba ng COVID-19 infections.

Tiniyak rin ng PNP na paiigtingin ng Aviation Security Group sa pagbabantay sa mga paliparan sa bansa sakaling muling ipagbawal ang pagbiyahe ng mga eroplano sa iba’t ibang lugar.

Pina-alalahanan rin ni Carlos ang mga pulis na mag-doble ingat upang huwag mahawa ng viral respiratory disease. (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.