Pagbalangkas ng mga batas para sa Bangsamoro, sisimulan na

admin   •   April 1, 2013   •   3612

Government of the Philippines (GPH) peace panel chair Professor Miriam Coronel-Ferrer (middle) receives a certificate of appreciation for speaking at a forum on the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro (FAB) organized recently by the Maharadjah Tabunaway Descendants Council of the Philippines (MTDCP) in Cotabato City last February. (www.gov.ph)

Government of the Philippines (GPH) peace panel chair Professor Miriam Coronel-Ferrer (middle) receives a certificate of appreciation for speaking at a forum on the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro (FAB) organized recently by the Maharadjah Tabunaway Descendants Council of the Philippines (MTDCP) in Cotabato City last February. (www.gov.ph)

MANILA, Philippines — Nakatakda nang simulan ngayong linggo ang pagbalangkas ng mga batas para sa bubuoing Bangsamoro Region.

Ayon kay Government Peace Panel Chairperson Professor Miriam Coronel-Ferrer, magpupulong ngayong Abril 3 ang labinlimang miyembro ng transition commission.

Sinbi rin ni Ferrer na target nilang masertipikahang urgent ni Pangulong Noynoy Aquino ang bubuoing batas sa Bangsamoro upang agad maisalang sa susunod na sesyon ng kongreso.

Idadaan sa plebisito ang magiging panukalang teritoryo ng Bangsamoro at kapag naratipikahan ay papalitan na ang Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM). (UNTV News)

Duterte OKs postponement of Bangsamoro elections

Robie de Guzman   •   October 29, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the law resetting the 2022 elections in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) to 2025, Malacañang said Friday.

Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said Duterte signed the Republic Act 11593 on Oct. 28.

“Pinirmahan ni Presidente Rodrigo Roa Duterte ang Republic Act # 11593 kahapon, October 28, 2021, na nagri-reset po ng eleksyon sa Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao sa 2025,” Roque said.

The law amended the Bangsamoro Organic Law and stated that BARMM’s first regular elections shall be held and synchronized with the 2025 elections.

“Sang-ayon po sa batas na ito, binibigyan ng kapangyarihan ang ating Presidente na mag-appoint ng hanggang walumpu or 80 new interim members of the BTA who shall serve until June 30, 2025 or until their successors shall have been elected and qualified,” Roque said.

The Bangsamoro Transition Authority (BTA) will oversee the region until the 2025 polls.

The BTA is a provisional law-making body of the BARMM which is currently under a transition phase.

First batch of J&J COVID-19 vaccine shots arrives in Bangsamoro region – NTF

Robie de Guzman   •   July 20, 2021

The first batch of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine doses have been deployed to the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM), the National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19 said.

In a statement, the task force said a total of 30,000 doses of the single-shot vaccine arrived in Tawi-Tawi on Monday and will be rolled out in the municipalities of Sitangkai, Turtles Island, and Mapun Island.

Another 30,000 shots have also been shipped to the province of Basilan.

These Janssen vaccine doses are part of the 3.2 million shots donated by the United States government through the World Health Organization (WHO)-led COVAX facility. The jabs arrived in the country last week.

According to BARMM Health Minister Basharay Latiph, the rollout of the Janssen vaccine will begin after the Eid-al Adha.

The vaccines will be distributed to the island-provinces beginning Wednesday, July 21, and that vaccinators from the BARMM Ministry of Health will also be sent to the areas to administer the shots, he added.

In coordination with the Western Mindanao Command, the NTF said that at least 40,000 doses of the Janssen vaccine allocated for Sulu will be deployed on Tuesday, July 20 through a military aircraft.

NTF chief implementer and vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr said that out of the 10 million doses of anti-COVID 19 vaccines received by the national government this month, more than 300,000 doses have been allocated to the BARMM.

The shipment is composed of 150,000 Janssen vaccines, 19,500 COVAX-donated Astrazeneca vaccines, and 130,992 Sinovac vaccines.

“Our commitment to COVAX and the US government is that the vaccine supply, particularly Johnson & Johnson will be deployed equitably to all regions. The first deployment in BARMM is particularly intended for geographically-isolated islands and those communities living in our borders and along the boundaries of the Philippines,” said Galvez.

“Priority should really be given in these areas. Our development partners like UNICEF, who have seen first-hand the difficult situation in BARMM, have also given the same recommendation. And we are happy to share the same views and approaches on how these vaccines should be deployed,” he added.

As part of the COVAX-donated supply, the Janssen vaccines are to be used to inoculate priority groups who are highly vulnerable to the disease, as identified by the WHO.

In particular, the vaccines will be administered to healthcare workers (A1), senior citizens (A2), and persons with comorbidities (A3).

Galvez said additional vaccine doses will be shipped to the BARMM in the coming weeks.

The NTF said that over 113,000 jabs have already been administered in BARMM. Around 80,478 residents received their first dose while 33,085 individuals have been fully vaccinated.

Duterte to visit Cotabato following BIFF attack in Maguindanao – Palace

Robie de Guzman   •   May 11, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte will head to Cotabato on Tuesday following the clash between soldiers and some members of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) over the weekend, Malacañang said.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the president will meet with the officials of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM), and government security troops to discuss the incident in Datu Paglas, Maguindanao.

“Siya po ay makikipag-ugnayan sa BARMM officials, sa ating kapulisan, sa ating kasundaluhan at pag-uusapan nila kung paano maiiwasan yung insidente nga nung Linggo, kung saan ilang armadong miyembro ng BIFF ay panandaliang nag-occupy ng Datu Paglas pero sandali lang naman iyon at napaalis din sila ng hukbong sandatahan,” Roque said in an online briefing.

“Ang objective po ng Presidente, para iparating ang mensahe na hindi po niya puwedeng pabayaan ang kaniyang katungkulan na ipatupad ang batas,” he added.

On Saturday, around 20 BIFF members led by Mohiden Animbang a.k.a. Karialan occupied the Datu Paglas public market but state security forces drove them away before they could attack civilian residents.

“Dahil nga po doon sa insidente kung saan ilang miyembro ng BIFF ay panandaliang nagtungo sa Datu Paglas, ang kaniyang mensahe, ang warning niya po talaga, ipatutupad niya ang batas at hindi niya kukunsintihin ang paggamit ng dahas diyan po sa Maguindanao,” Roque said.

The military earlier said that the situation in Datu Paglas has already normalized but assured that security forces “will not rest until the threat is neutralized.”

Local officials and residents in Maguindanao were also urged to remain vigilant despite the thwarted attack of the armed group.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.