Pacquiao-Bradley fight, kasado na sa April 12

admin   •   January 27, 2014   •   2073

FILE PHOTO: Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao after their first match (REUTERS)

FILE PHOTO:  Si Timothy Bradley at ang People’s Champ na si Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao pagkatapos noong una nilang laban. Sa April 12, 2014 ay nakatakda ang kanilang ikalawang paghaharap. (REUTERS)

MANILA, Philippines – Kasado na ang ikalawang paghaharap nina Manny Pacquiao at Timothy Bradley.

Ayon kay Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, gaganapin ang Pacquiao-Bradley rematch sa Abril 12 sa MGM Grand Garden Arena sa Las Vegas.

Matatandaang unang nagharap ang dalawa noong Hunyo 2012 kung saan tinalo ng American boxer si Pacquiao via split decision.

Sa kanilang muling paglalaban, pag-aagawan nila ang WBO welterweight title. (UNTV News)

Pacquiao advises Faeldon to take leave as BuCor chief

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 4, 2019

Senator Manny Pacquiao (left) and BuCor Chief Nicanor Faeldon (right)

Senator Manny Pacquiao has advised Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) Chief Nicanor Faeldon to take a leave-of-absence while facing investigation.

In a statement, Pacquiao said he believes in the integrity and honesty of Faeldon but the investigation on the alleged abuse of the Republic Act 10592 or the good conduct time allowance (GCTA) law needs Faeldon’s “full and undivided attention.”

“I know that Undersecretary Faeldon is a good man and has served his country well but I really think that he can spare the president and this administration from embarrassment by taking a leave-of-absence,” he said.

READ: Faeldon admits signing ‘memorandum’ not release order for Antonio Sanchez

The Senate Blue Ribbon committee will continue the investigation on Thursday (September 5) on the said issue.

Meanwhile, Malacañang said Faeldon’s fate lies in President Rodrigo Duterte’s hands.

“That’s for the president to decide. I talked with him yesterday, and that’s what he told me: ‘There is an ongoing investigation and I’ll wait for the investigation,’” said Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo.

Faeldon had previously said he will not resign as BuCor chief amid the controversy.—AAC (with reports from Grace Casin)

Senate commends Pacquiao for win vs Thurman

Robie de Guzman   •   July 23, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – The Senate on Tuesday adopted a resolution commending boxing legend Senator Emmanuel “Manny” Pacquiao for his victory over Keith Thurman.

The adopted Senate Resolution No. 20 takes into consideration the resolutions filed by Senators Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go, Ramon Bong Revilla, Jr., Juan Miguel Zubiri, Maria Lourdes Nancy Binay and Richard Gordon.

Pacquiao clinched the World Boxing Association (WBA) World Welterweight title when he bested Thurman in their fight held in Las Vegas, Nevada last July 21.

The resolution said Pacquiao should be honored for bringing “immense pride and joy to Filipinos the world over with his accomplishments as a boxer.”

“Outside the area of boxing, Senator Pacquiao has excellently fulfilled his constitutional duties as a Senator of the Republic, faithfully performing his functions as an outstanding public servant,” it added.

In reply to the commendation, Pacquiao thanked his colleagues for their support.

He said his latest win showed he can still put up a good fight with someone who is 10 years his junior.

“The abilities and skills I have are given by God. I believe that ability, skill and responsibility has a purpose and that purpose is to inspire the Filipino people to rise above their limitations and overcome their circumstances,” Pacquiao said.

With this purpose in mind, the lawmaker said he will continue his boxing career.

“There are many who say that there won’t be another Manny Pacquiao. But I believe that we have many boxers who are just waiting for an opportunity, waiting for our help. It is high time for us to invest on our boxing talents who are loaded with potentials. The so-called diamond in the rough can just be around the corner,” he added.

He also called on his fellow senators to support the proposed creation of the Philippine Boxing and Combat Sports Commission, which he believes would pave the way for the Philippines to be known as the boxing and combat sports capital of Asia.

“I am ready to work with all of you in overcoming the challenges in the 18th Congress. Together as champions of the Filipino people, we shall emerge victorious and continue our fight for the country,” Pacquiao said.

Cristiano Ronaldo will not face rape charges in Las Vegas

Robie de Guzman   •   July 23, 2019

Ronaldo posing for team photo during Real Madrid’s champions league celebrations at the Bernabeu. Courtesy: Reuters

Portuguese soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo will face no charges in Las Vegas in connection with a sexual assault allegation because the case cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, prosecutors said on Monday.

Ronaldo, who is widely regarded as one of the greatest soccer players of all time and plays for the Italian club Juventus, has maintained he is innocent of rape.

The allegation made headlines last year after Las Vegas police said they were investigating it.

The case stems from a June 13, 2009 call from a woman to Las Vegas police. She reported that she had been sexually assaulted and police took her to the hospital for an examination, the Clark County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement on Monday (July 22).

But she declined to identify the person who she said assaulted her.

The woman and Ronaldo reached a civil settlement in 2010 and law enforcement did not hear again from her until August 28, 2018, when she asked police to reopen the investigation. She said Ronaldo was the person who sexually assaulted her, prosecutors said.

“Based upon a review of the information presented at this time, the allegations of sexual assault against Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt,” the District Attorney’s Office said in a statement.

Ronaldo’s attorney, Peter Christiansen, and a representative for his sports agents could not immediately be reached for comment. (REUTERS)

(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.