Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

P3.4-M shabu seized in Manila mall drug bust

by admin   |   Posted on Thursday, 18 October 2018 02:59 PM

 

Suspect Salahudin Takao Kendayo

 

MANILA, Philippines — A man was arrested by agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) for selling drugs inside a mall in Manila.

The suspect who hails from Cotabato was identified as Salahudin Tokao Kendayo.

Authorities conducted the buy-bust operation at the mall’s parking area where Kendayo was eventually arrested.

Five sachets of suspected shabu worth P3.4 million were confiscated from the suspect.

“Ang source niya ng drugs ay nanggaling pa sa Alabang and we are still verifying sa initial investigation namin na connected siya sa malaking grupo sa Mindanao na nagbabagsak din hindi lang sa Mindanao but dito sa Metro Manila,” said PDEA team leader operation Gregor Bugalin.

(He sources his drugs from Alabang and we are still verifying our initial investigation that he is connected to a bigger group in Mindanao that supplies drugs not only in Mindanao but also in Metro Manila.)

The suspect said he was just told to transport the drugs by his cousin who is an inmate at the Manila City Jail.

“Pumayag po ako kasi bago lang ako sa Manila tapos yun nga, wala pa akong mahanap na trabaho. Tumawag yung pinsan ko. Inutusan ako bibigyan daw ako ng 5,000,” said the suspect.

(I agreed to it because I’m new in Manila and I couldn’t find a job. My cousin called me up and said he’ll pay me 5,000 for the delivery.)

PDEA said the suspect had been under surveillance for two weeks.

A tip from an informant led to the discovery of the illegal operation Kendayo’s illegal operations.

“The suspect was previously arrested by the PNP in Tondo, Manila for violation of Section 11 Article 2 of RA 9165. Last May 22 he was released on bail,” said Bugalin.

Kendayo expressed regret over his decision to act as a drug mule.

“Natakot din po pero naisip ko sabi ko magkakapera na ko. Hindi ko na naisip na ikakasira pala ng buhay ko,” he said.

(I was also afraid to do it but thought of the money I would be receiving. It never occurred to me that it will ruin my life.)

The suspect is currently detained at PDEA headquarters and will be facing charges for violating the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. — Victor Cosare

Tags: , , , ,

PDEA nabs DOH doctor, 6 others in drug buy-bust

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Thursday, 28 February 2019 04:40 PM

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) on Thursday nabbed a medical officer of the Department of Health (DOH) and six others in a buy-bust operation conducted at a Condominium unit in Mandaluyong.

In a report on UNTV News and Rescue’s Ito Ang Balita by JL Asayo, PDEA identified the suspects as licensed physician Dr. Vanjoe de Guzman, Keanu Andrea Flores, Mark Echauz, Gerald Fajardo, Michael Tan and an alias Boy Kulot.

Authorities recovered from the suspects six sachets of suspected shabu with an estimated street value of P340,000 and several bottles containing suspected liquid ecstasy approximately worth P30,000; drug paraphernalia, marked money and a mobile phone.

PDEA agents first arrested De Guzman, Flores and Echauz when they conducted an operation around 12 midnight at the condominium unit turned drug den, allegedly operated by De Guzman.

De Guzman denied the accusation.

“So tingnan niyo, parang kahihiyan sa work ko. I’m from the government, government employee ako tapos [I] will do that, parang… uhm I’m a user, nag-use po ako pero I don’t,” de Guzman said.

DOH said in a statement that De Guzman has been a regular employee since 2015. However, he has not been coming to work since November 2018 despite orders to report to the office.

“Dr. Vanjoe de Guzman is a regular DOH employee from February 2015, however, he has been on AWOL (Absence Without Leave) status since November 26, 2018. Despite written directives to report immediately to the office, Dr. de Guzman has failed to comply. This has prompted for DOH-MMCHD to issue an Order of Separation and commence disciplinary proceedings, in consultation with the Civil Service Commission, for his eventual dismissal from the service,” DOH said.

The other three suspects were nabbed when they showed up at the condo unit during a follow-up operation when PDEA agents contacted them using the seized mobile phone. The three were accused of peddling illegal drugs.

“Oo, inaamin ko gumagamit po ako pero not palagi po (anong trabaho mo?) nagpa-part time po ako [as an] ambassador sa isang club po and then nag-freelance model, talent/extra sa mga tapings,” Flores, a college student, admitted when asked about her involvement in the pot session.

PDEA Agent Winifredo Alagabia Jr. told reporters after the operation what they have recovered from the suspects.

“May nakuha tayong pictures, may mga hubo’t hubad na tao sa cellphone. So, may mga possibility na after using the drugs, nag o-orgy na sila, nag se-sexual orgy na sila. So, maliban sa delikado na ma-overdose, baka delikado din sa spread ng HIV yung ginagawa nila,”

Suspects are detained at PDEA main office for violating the Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. – Robie de Guzman

Tags: , , , ,

PDEA Chief: Don’t vote for narco-politicians

by admin   |   Posted on Wednesday, 20 February 2019 06:54 PM

PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino

QUEZON CITY, Philippines — The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Director General Aaron Aquino calls on voters not to vote for politicians involved in illegal drugs, saying their election budget most likely came from illegal drugs.

Aquino previously said 83 politicians are included on the narco list of President Rodrigo Duterte.

Meanwhile, Malacañang said the list of narco-politicians should first be validated before publishing it in time for the May 2019 midterm elections as proposed by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).

“Di ba si President na noon ang naglabas na rin noon So it goes without saying na kung si presidente mismo naglabas.” Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said. (The president already released a list before. So it goes without saying, if the president himself released it.)

The Philippine National Police clarified that they will not be releasing a narco list and reiterated that their task is only on the validation of the said list. They will leave the releasing of the narco list to the president and PDEA.

“Tayo ay sa pag-validate lang pero we do not maintain the list of narco-politician. What we have is yung list ng counter-intelligence watchlist namin involving our personnel at non-uniformed personnel.” PNP Chief PDG Oscar Albayalde said.

(We only validate, but we do not maintain the list of narco-politicians. What we have is the list of counter-intelligence watchlist involving our personnel and non-uniformed personnel.) — Aileen Cerrudo (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Tags: , ,

P90-M worth of shabu stuffed inside car mufflers seized

by admin   |   Posted on Tuesday, 12 February 2019 01:07 PM


13 kilos of shabu worth P90 million

MANILA, Philippines — A shipment containing 13 kilos of shabu worth P90 million was intercepted at the DHL warehouse by the Bureau of Customs (BOC) at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

The contraband was stuffed inside car mufflers and smuggled into the country from California.

The drug haul was turned over to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency on Tuesday (February 12).

Authorities declined to provide the name of the consignee but assured that criminal complaints against the party responsible for the shipment are currently being processed. — Nel Maribojoc

Tags: , , ,