One suspect in Binondo bank robbery possibly posed as security supervisor – MPD
by Marje Pelayo | Posted on Thursday, July 11th, 2019
MANILA, Philippines – Authorities are now investigating the bank robbery incident that happened along Sto. Cristo Street in Binondo on Thursday morning (July 11).
Based on the CCTV footage recovered from a nearby barangay hall, two men were seen waiting outside the Metrobank Binondo branch.
When the door opened, the two rushed to get in then three other men followed.
Authorities wondered why the bank employee allowed the two men to enter the bank when it was still minutes earlier than the regular banking hour of 9:00 a.m.
Aside from the five men inside the bank, two others who were on motorbikes served as lookouts nearby.
Authorities were able to report the incident at 9:18 a.m. but the bank management only allowed the investigators to enter the bank premises two hours after.
“Pagdating lang ni Mayor saka lang pinapasok. Noong kinausap na ni Mayor ‘yung branch manager at saka ‘yung chief security ng Metrobank, 2 hours, (They allowed (the police) only when Mayor (Isko) arrived, only when Mayor Isko talked to the branch manager and the security chief of Metrobank, that was two hours after,)” explained Cesar Chavez, Manila Mayor Isko Domagoso’s chief of staff.
The bank management argued that such decision of not allowing investigators to just go in was in compliance with the protocol imposed by Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
“Ang nakakapagtaka diyan is bakit nakapasok sila before banking hours. Number two, iyong mga nakapasok alam nila kung saan kukunin ang CCTV footages, (What’s suspicious is why they (robbers) were able to enter earlier than banking hours. Number two, the robbers know where to get the CCTV footages,)” noted BGen. Vicente Danao, Chie of the Manila Police District.
According to MPD, one of the suspects possibly disguised as security supervisor so he was allowed entry into the bank.
The suspects are still at large but the MPD confirmed that they already identified persons of interest in relation to the case.
Mayor Domagoso announced earlier P1-M bounty for the immediate capture of the culprits.
“Ako po ay nagbibigay ng isang milyong piso sa sinoman makapagbibigay ng impormasyon para mahuli ito. Pito kayo diba? Tsutsu niyo na ‘yung anim, may isang milyon ka pa, (I am giving P1 million to who ever has information about them. There are seven of you. Speak of the other six and I give you one million),” Domagoso said enticing the suspects of the reward money.
Meanwhile, the Metrobank management condemned the incident while it assured that no one among its employees and clients was hurt.
“Metrobank condemns the robbery at our Sto. Cristo branch in Manila earlier today. No clients were affected by the act and all Metrobankers are safe,” the bank’s management in a statement said.
“We will be working closely with the Philippine National Police (PNP) and other authorities to ensure that the perpetrators are apprehended,” the statement read further. – with details from April Cenedoza
by Aileen Cerrudo | Posted on Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
The Manila Police has identified five persons of interest in the Binondo bank robbery last week.
Authorities said the persons of interest were seen in the CCTV footage. The police identified them as Gilcar Dumagan Mofar, Noli Bonifacio Casuela alias Lito Dapitan, Marlon ‘Ailon’ Parojinog, Michael alias Pilay, and Frederex Secretarin.
According to Manila Police District (MPD) Chief BGen. Vicente Danao Jr., Parojinog is considered as the leader of the group that robbed Metrobank Sto. Cristo branch on July 11.
Danao said, Parojinog is also wanted for other cases and the group might also be behind another bank robbery in Cagayan.
“Matagal na itong ganitong klaseng trabaho ang ginagawa. Different areas iyong kanilang areas of operation, (This group has been in operation for quite some time. They operate in different areas),” he said.
by Aileen Cerrudo | Posted on Friday, July 12th, 2019
The Philippine National Police (PNP) eyes filing obstruction of justice charges against the Metrobank-Binondo branch management after a robbery incident.
This was after the management refused to allow police authorities to enter their branch after it was robbed on Thursday morning (July 11).
“We will check on that because technically, baka pwede kami makapag-file ng obstruction of justice (maybe we can file obstruction of justice),” according to PNP chief Gen. Oscar Albayalde.
“When something happens in a place, that is considered a crime scene. Kailangan makapasok ng mabilis iyong ating investigators (our investigators should immediately enter the premises),” he added.
According to the Manila Police District (MPD), the policemen were able to enter the branch two hours after the robbery.
Meanwhile, Manila Mayor Isko Moreno questioned the said security protocol of Metrobank. He said that they will hold officers liable if proven to be involved in said crime.
“If there’s abuse on the part of the chief security of the bank, of the branch head, whoever calls the situation in interfering police operation, we will make them liable and we will think they are part of the criminal elements,” Moreno said.—AAC
by Marje Pelayo | Posted on Thursday, July 11th, 2019
MANILA, Philippines – Mayor Isko Domagoso on Thursday (July 11) announced a P1-M bounty for the capture of at least seven suspects in the Metrobank-Binondo robbery incident.
“Sinoman sa inyo ang nakakaalam, makakaalam, makapagbibigay ng impormasyon, para masakote itong mga criminal na pumunta sa Maynila, bibigyan po naming kayo ng pabuya na isang milyong piso, (Whoever knows or have information that would lead to the capture of these criminals who committed a crime in Manila, we will give you a reward of P1 million), ” the Mayor said in a quick press briefing minutes after the incident.
Domagoso said he was informed that the suspects entered the bank in time for its opening and held the staff hostage inside a room.
“Ang good news, wala namang nasawi o nasaktan but there is a possibility na may nakuhang pera, (The good news here is that no one was killed or hurt but there is a possibility that cash were taken,)” he said.
According to reports from the Manila Police District, the suspects fled with the bank’s CCTV cameras but authorities were able to recover footage of the incident from the nearby barangay hall.
The MPD immediately launched dragnet operations for the capture of the suspect.
The Mayor lauded the MPD specifically the Task Force Divisoria who, according to Domagoso, was able to respond swiftly because the roads leading to the site were cleared of obstructions.
“Ang pulis natin naka-responde in two minutes…because maluwag iyong kalye. Ito iyong sinasabi natin na epekto ng pagsasaayos para sa pangkalahatan, (Our police were able to respond in two minutes because the roads were wide and cleared. This is what we’ve been saying, the effects of organizing the area for the benefit of everyone),” he noted.
Mayor Isko called on the suspects to better stop and surrender as the city government is determined to pursue them and bring them to justice.
“We will pursue, hahanapin po namin kayo. Hindi namin kayo bibigyan ng kapanatagan. Hindi naming kayo papayagan na guluhin perwisyuhin ang mamamayan ng lungsod ng Maynila, (We will not give you peace. We will not allow you to sow violence and threaten the people of the city of Manila),” he concluded.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.