Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Notorious carnapper falls in Binangonan

by admin   |   Posted on Friday, August 17th, 2018

The joint forces of PNP Highway Patrol Group and Binangonan Police captured Calabarzon region’s second most notorious carnapper  on Thursday, August 16,  in
Barangay Mambog, Binangonan, Rizal.

The suspect was identified as Herminihildo Aran, a member of Anore Aran Carnapping Group which targets four-wheeled vehicles such as elf trucks, drop side trucks and closed vans.

The suspect initially resisted arrest and struggled to free himself from his captors but eventually succumbed to authorities.

“Actually, nahirapan po kami. Nung una ayaw talaga, hindi siya responsive. Hindi siya nakiki-cooperate. We said to the individual na, ‘May warrant ka, ito o’. Kasi hindi ho naniniwala,” said Rizal Highway Patrol Group Provincial Chief PSInsp Jon Russel Barnacha.

(He gave us a hard time. He was not cooperating and was unresponsive. We  said to him, ‘You have a warrant, it’s here.’ He didn’t believe us.)

Aran denied the allegations against him.

“Wala sir, wala pong katotohanan yung inaano nila sa akin.  Di ko po ginagawa yung mga ganung ano. Nadamay lang po ako,” he said.

(Their accusations against me are not true. I don’t engage in such activities. I was just dragged into this.)

Aran had previously been arrested for drug charges but was able to file bail.

He is now facing charges for violating Republic Act 10883, Section 3 or the New Anti-Carnapping Law. — Jennica Cruz | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,

LIST: Manila Water identifies 20 areas to be given April full-bill waiver

by Robie de Guzman   |   Posted on Thursday, April 4th, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – Manila Water Services Company has identified 10 more areas that have been validated as severely affected by the water supply shortage that hit the eastern zone of Metro Manila and parts of Rizal province in March.

On Monday (April 1), Manila Water released a partial list of areas that will be given a one-time full-bill waiver for their March consumption, to be reflected on their April bill.

READ: Manila Water releases list of areas to be given full bill waiver

The 20 barangays validated as severely affected by the metro water crisis are as follows:

MANDALUYONG

  • Barangay Addition Hills
  • Barangay Barangka Drive
  • Barangay Plainview
  • Barangay Highway Hills
  • Barangay Hulo
  • Barangay Barangka Ilaya
  • Barangay Barangka Itaas
  • Barangay Mauway
  • Barangay Pleasant Hills

PASIG

  • Barangay Kapitolyo
  • Barangay Bagong Ilog
  • Barangay Oranbo
  • Barangay Pineda
  • Barangay Ugong

TAGUIG

  • Barangay Upper Bicutan

SAN JUAN

  • Barangay Addition Hills
  • Barangay Santa Lucia

BINANGONAN, RIZAL

  • Barangay Mambog
  • Barangay Macamot
  • Barangay Tatala

Manila Water also clarified that a total of 45 barangays were severely affected by the water shortage.

However, not all consumers will get a full-bill waiver as Manila Water will only waive the minimum charge or the first 10 cubic meters consumed in a month in some households that experienced only a few hours of service interruption and were supplied with water from other reservoirs.

The utility company earlier said the April bill will be fully waived if residents experienced total water service outage for at least seven days, whether consecutive or not from March 6 to 31.

Around 1.2 million households in eastern Metro Manila and Rizal province were hit with low pressure to no water supply last month.

Meanwhile, both Manila Water and Maynilad are open to reviewing their concession agreement with the government following President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to review all contracts entered into by the government.

READ: Duterte orders review of all gov’t deals

Manila Water said it is ready to talk with the government to find ways to ensure sustainable water security solution.

Maynilad, for its part, said it welcomes any review of the company’s obligations under the agreement as practiced by the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS).

“Maynilad has always believed in the sanctity of the concession agreement and the merits of this public-private partnership as seen in the vast improvement in the service levels enjoyed by our customers since we took over,” the company said in a statement.

“We welcome any review of our obligations under this agreement as has been undertaken by our regulator since the start of the concession,” it added. – Robie de Guzman

Tags: , , , ,

Calabarzon has received over 800,000 measles vaccines this year — DOH

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Thursday, March 14th, 2019

The Department of Health has given a total of 862,237 measles vaccines to 862,237 children in Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon (Calabarzon).

According to the Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit’s report, this number of vaccinees from January 1, 2019 to March 11, 2019, is just around one-half (50.9%) of the total population of children in the region.

Cavite recorded the highest number of cases with 235,604 (52.10%); followed by Laguna, 189,433 (52.53%); Batangas, 108,898 (34.09%); Rizal, 214,253 (61.55%) and Quezon 114,049 (47.35%), according to Regional Dir. Eduardo Janairo.

Based on DoH-Calabarzon’s account, the region has recorded at least 5,041 cases of measles, 104 of which have died due to complications.

Janairo assured that they will continue to scour the region, as well as the far-flung communities to provide vaccines.

From January 1 to March 7, the DOH has recorded a total of  18,553 measles cases nationwide with 286  deaths. — Freema Salonga-Gloria /DOH

Tags: , ,

A sack of rice for a block of cocaine, Calabarzon police offer residents

by admin   |   Posted on Wednesday, February 20th, 2019

Cocaine bricks intercepted by police along the shores of Camarines Norte, Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte and Quezon from February 10 to 18, 2019

The CALABARZON Police will reward one sack of rice to anyone who will surrender a block of cocaine found along the shores in CALABARZON area.

This was after two blocks of cocaine were recovered last Monday and yesterday in Mabuan and Perez, Quezon.

Block of cocaine found in Sitio Banlag, Brgy. Villamanzano Norte, Perez, Quezon | Courtesy: Quezon PPO

PRO4a Director PCSUPT. Edward Carranza said they seek to encourage residents to surrender any cocaine they will find. But for residents who want to keep or sell the cocaine they found, Carranza warns they will immediately be arrested and detained.

Police officers are currently making rounds along the shores of CALABARZON to talk and warn fishermen and residents in the area. — Aileen Cerrudo (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Tags: , ,