MANILA, Philippines – The provinces of Abra and Bohol as well as Baguio City have been placed under general community quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions from September 24 to 30.
The new quarantine classification was announced by Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque on Thursday (September 23) evening as approved by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).
Prior to the latest announcement, Abra and Baguio City were under GCQ while Bohol was under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).
Under GCQ with heightened restrictions, the following activities are allowed:
1. Indoor dining services at 20% venue or seating capacity.
2. Al-fresco or outdoor dining services at 50% venue or seating capacity.
3. Personal care service providers like beauty salons, beauty parlors, barbershops, and nail spas at 30% venue or seating capacity.
4. Outdoor tourist attractions at 30% venue capacity with strict adherence to minimum public health standards.
5. Business establishments with Safety Seal Certifications are allowed at an additional 10% points beyond the prescribed on-site capacity or venue capacity, whichever is applicable.
6. Religious gatherings to 10% of the venue capacity which the local government unit (LGU) may increase to 30% if needed.
7. Gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 and for the cremains of the COVID-19 deceased but limited to immediate family members
8. Interzonal travel subject to restrictions of the local government unit of destination
9. Point-to-point travel to areas under GCQ and MGCQ without age restrictions subject to an RT-PCR test-before-travel requirement for those below 18 years old and above 65, and other protocols and restrictions as may be imposed by the Departmentof Tourism (DOT) and the LGU of destination.
10. Specialized markets of the Department of Tourism (DOT), such as staycations without age restrictions at such capacities, protocols and restrictions, as may be imposed by the Department
Meanwhile, activities not allowed under GCQ with heightened restrictions include:
1. Meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions events and social events in venue establishments
2. Indoor sports courts and venues and indoor tourist attractions
Likewise in his statement, Roque said the province of Ilocos Norte shall be under a more relaxed risk-level classification from modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) to GCQ.