NHA warns public against scammers; reminds to only transact with authorized personnel

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 9, 2021   •   223

MANILA, Philippines — The National Housing Authority (NHA) has warned against scammers and advised the public to only transact with authorized NHA personnel.

In an advisory, the agency reiterated there are no downpayment or reservation fees needed for the application of housing units. It received reports about a scammer in Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, and Aurora areas.

“Beware of scammer. Transact only to authorized staff of the NHA-Tarlac/Nueva Ecija/Aurora District Office assigned at Acacia Green Field Homes, Brgy. Manacnac, Palayan City, Nueva Ecija, for your application to Government Employees Housing Projects in Nueva Ecija (Green Field Homes and Camp Magsaysay Place),” the advisory said.

Meanwhile, the NHA-Tarlac/Nueva Ecija/Aurora District Office also reiterated that their office is not looking for sub-contractors and the agency did not hire anyone to look for or transact with any sub-contractors. AAC

NHA officials to face Senate probe over poor housing projects

Marje Pelayo   •   May 18, 2018

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_090717_NHA

National Housing Authority Housing projects

 

PASAY CITY, Philippines – Officials of the National Housing Authority (NHA) together with some developers of government housing projects will face the Senate on Monday, May 21.

Senate Committee on Urban, Planning, Housing and Resettlement chair Senator JV Ejercito said there may have been a “mafia” manipulating corruption in some of the government housing programs for storm-affected residents.

The Senate wants to uncover the ill practices of corrupt officials and developers benefitting from the projects. – UNTV News & Rescue

Duterte approves awarding of unoccupied gov’t housing units to non-uniformed personnel

Marje Pelayo   •   May 16, 2018

A portion of the NHA housing in Pandi, Bulacan captured by the UNTV Drone

 

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte signed Wednesday, May 16, a joint resolution which authorizes the National Housing Authority (NHA) to award to qualified recipients all unoccupied housing units that the soldiers and police do not want to avail.

The resolution prioritizes  government employees occupying positions with a low salary grade.

The NHA was given six days to draft the guidelines for the proper awarding of the said housing units.

The move is to stop unauthorized occupants from taking over government housing projects like what members of Kalipunan ng Damayang Mahihirap (KADAMAY) did in Pandi, Bulacan. —  Rosalie Coz | UNTV News & Rescue

Zamboanga ‘houses on stilts’ no occupancy permit – House Inquiry

Marje Pelayo   •   May 16, 2018

Housing project in Mariki, Zamboanga City

 

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – The House Committee on Housing and Urban Development started Wednesday its inquiry on the housing project in Barangay Rio Hondo in Mariki, Zamboanga City where a wooden footbridge collapsed in April.

The House inquiry revealed that the said housing project has not yet been formally turned over to the administration of the National Housing Authority (NHA) and  custody of the said project is still under the contractor, Limestone Construction.

The Committee also found out that all occupants have not been issued with occupancy permits from the city government.

According to Zamboanga City Mayor Beng Climaco, they were forced to transfer residents affected by the Zamboanga siege to the said housing project because of reports of deaths in temporary shelters due to health risks.

Meanwhile, former NHA general manager Chito Cruz, for his part, argued that the collapsed wooden footbridge was strongly designed and constructed.

However, he claimed that some parts of the bridge had been removed or stolen, hence its collapse during that fateful visit by housing and local government officials.

In fact, Cruz said, the housing units could still stand the strength of up to 100 kph tropical storm.

However, during the inquiry, the contractor admitted to not following the original design and proposed materials due to environmental issues. The contractor said they are taking full responsibility for the collapse.

Mayor Beng Climaco, meanwhile, called for the immediate arrest of parties responsible for the incident. — Rey Pelayo |UNTV News & Rescue

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.