NCRPO seizes shabu worth P81.6-M in Taguig City

Maris Federez   •   May 24, 2020   •   576

MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has recorded one of the biggest amounts of methamphetamine hydrochloride, commonly known as “shabu”, confiscated by local police during an anti-illegal drug operation on Friday night, May 22, along C6 Road in Lower Bicutan, Taguig City.

The combined anti-illegal drug efforts of the Regional Intelligence Division/Regional Special Operations Unit- NCRPO, Regional Drug Enforcement Agency, District Intelligence Division- Southern Police District and Taguig City Police Station together with Philippine National Police- Drug Enforcement Group Special Operations Unit 4, all under the leadership of PMGen. Debold Sinas resulted in an armed encounter against the two (2) armed suspects.

The NCRPO chief identified the suspects as Ryan Labandaria and Ervyn Querubin.

The arrest was made through a buy-bust operation wherein a police operative acted as a poseur buyer.

The suspects, however, noticed that they were dealing with the police and a scuffle ensued. The suspects then fled the scene on board a black Nissan Navarra with the police on their tail.

The police said the suspects were subsequently apprehended and the operatives yielded twelve (12) large packs of dangerous drugs wrapped in Chinese Tea Bag packaging with an estimated weight of more or less 12 Kilograms of suspected shabu, and with an estimated DDB Value of Php 81.6-million.

Aside from the drugs, the police were also able to confiscate the following:

  • one .45 caliber pistol with one magazine loaded with six (6) live ammunitions;
  • one KG9 sub machine gun with one live ammunition for chamber load inserted with banana type magazine loaded with nine (9) live ammunitions; and,
  • one extra banana type magazine loaded with nine (9) live ammunitions

Police said an ambulance was called to bring the wounded suspects to hospital for medical treatment.

All evidence had also been brought to the RSOG-NCRPO for safekeeping, while the illegal drugs will be submitted to the Crime lab for examination.

Sinas, meanwhile, commended the operating teams for what the chief called a remarkable accomplishment of Team NCRPO’s war against illegal drugs.

“This accomplishment is reflective of Team NCRPO’s dedication and unwavering support of the marching order of the President and the Chief, PNP to cleanse the Metro from proliferation of illegal drugs,” Sinas said.

“With the largest amount of shabu busted by Team NCRPO so far this year, we have also minimized its possibility of destroying the lives and future of our fellowmen,” he added. — /mbmf

P4.5 million worth of shabu seized in Pasay City

Robie de Guzman   •   September 26, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The Bureau of Customs (BOC) at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) has seized 640 grams of shabu (crystal meth) estimated to worth P4.5 million in a warehouse in Pasay City.

The contraband was found in an unclaimed parcel at the DHL warehouse.

The BOC said the seized illegal drug was concealed inside tin cans of wafer and packs of chocolates, stuffed toys, candies and slippers to avoid detection.

It was shipped from Las Vegas, Nevada in the United States and consigned to a certain resident of Hagonoy, Bulacan.

However, its contents were detected through “intensified vigilance and profiling BOC-NAIA” and coordinated with Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA and the NAIA Inter-Agency Drug Interdiction Task Group (IADITG).

Chemical Laboratory Analysis conducted by PDEA confirmed that the seized white crystalline substance were indeed methamphetamine hydrochloride.

The BOC said the items have been turned over to the PDEA on Sept. 24 for further profiling and case build-up against those behind its importation for possible prosecution for violation of the Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 in relation to Section 1401 of the Customs Modernization and Tariff Act.

PNP chief Cascolan eyes Danao as next NCRPO head

Robie de Guzman   •   September 16, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Camilo Cascolan on Wednesday said he is considering Brigadier General Vicente Danao Jr to be the next head of the Metro Manila police.

In a TV interview, Cascolan said Danao is competent and suited to lead the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO).

“Well, whether NCRPO or CIDG (Criminal Investigation and Detection Group) is good but I would rather choose him for NCRPO because he is much better in the NCRPO,” he said.

Danao is the current chief of the Police Regional Office 4A and served as former head of the Manila Police District.

In response to Cascolan’s remark, Danao said he is ready to serve and do his best in whatever capacity.

“Rest assured that in whatever capacity I will be in, this representation, will always do its best to enforce the law without fear and favor, maintain peace & order, prevent and control crimes, and ensure public safety & internal security with the active support of the Community,” he said in a message to UNTV News.

Meanwhile, Cascolan said he is still evaluating the performance of current NCRPO director Major General Debold Sinas, adding that he could possibly be promoted to a higher position.

“Of course, the guy deserves also an evaluation and of course a promotion too. He has done good things and that’s all I can really say,” he said.

The PNP chief Sinas could be designated as directorial staff where he can put to use his expertise in training and recruitment of police personnel.

“I think he needs to be up to the directorial staff or in a certain position that is fit mostespecially for it. I believe he is an expert most especially with regard to training to personnel and training of recruits,” he said. “Debold is also a seasoned officer wherein he experienced a lot of things.”

Cascolan also revealed that he canceled the ‘midnight’ appointment of several PNP officials, which he said were made by former PNP chief Archie Gamboa a few days before his mandatory retirement.

He, however, refused to provide any details about the concerned officials and their positions. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

Metro Manila police beef up security after deadly Jolo bombings

Robie de Guzman   •   August 25, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has been placed under heightened alert following the deadly explosions in Jolo, Sulu, its chief Police Major General Debold Sinas said Tuesday.

In a press briefing, Sinas said they have also intensified their intelligence gathering and coordination with their counterparts in the Mindanao region to monitor the entry to Metro Manila of anyone possibly involved in the Jolo bombings.

“We also coordinating with our counterparts in ProArm lalo na sa Jolo area at sa Region 9, and let’s go back to our dialogue to our Muslim brothers and sisters na andito sa NCR so that they can help us prevent the same incident,” he said.

He also said that police officers have also strengthened their patrol operations in establishments such as train stations, malls, grocery stores, terminals, places of worship and other places of convergence.

“Sa ngayon pinaigting namin EOD K9 natin. Dati tig-iisang aso lang bawat distrito, ngayon tig-dalawang aso araw araw na bawat distrito,” he said.

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Archie Gamboa has condemned the deadly blast allegedly perpetrated by the Abu Sayyaf Group.

Monday’s twin blasts at Barangay Walled City in Jolo killed 14 people – seven soldiers, one policeman and six civilians – and injured 75 others.

The first explosion occurred just before noon beside Paradise Food Shop while the second blast transpired an hour later about 100 meters away from the first blast site.

Gamboa said he has directed the Police Regional Office-Bangsamoro Autonomous Region to beef-up police checkpoints in the region as well as police visibility as they intensify their intelligence gathering and coordination with the Armed Forces of the Philippines for the pursuit operations of those behind the attack.

The PNP chief also urged the public to remain vigilant and to report to authorities any suspicious events or individuals for immediate action. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.