NCRPO relieves 62 Caloocan police, mulls retraining of entire Caloocan police force
admin • September 15, 2017 • 6044
National Capital Region Police (NCRPO) chief Oscar Albayalde is set to relieve the whole Caloocan police force.
The NCRPO chief made the announcement after another dubious incident involving some members of Caloocan police station 7 who allegedly barged inside a house without any search warrant last night.
This is also aside from the police Caloocan who were allegedly involved in the killing of Kian delos Santos, Carl Arnaiz and Reynaldo de Guzman.
Albayalde said that the plan to relieve the one thousand members of the Caloocan police is a preemptive measure.
They have to undergo 45 days retraining to avoid irregularities to happen again.
“But somewhat there was a sudden change to have all the members of the PCP 4 to have report just like night and also this morning,” said Caloocan Police District chief PSSupt. Jemar Modequillo.
“But he already said that before during our conference last week, but I said to him that it is a good idea so that we have an immediate action with regard to different issues in Caloocan,” said the chief.
As of today, 62 policemen, including 13 members of the public safety battalion of the northern police district are already relieved.
They are mostly from stations 7, 4 and station 2.
While under retraining, the police from the regional public safety battalion which were used as a contingent for the ASEAN will replace the relieved police officers.
The PNP assures the public that their operation in Caloocan will not be interrupted even if a big number of police personnel will be relieved.
It can be recalled that on August 18, the Caloocan police district has been awarded as Manila’s Best Police Station, the award was given by PNP chief Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa. — Mon Jocson | UNTV News & Rescue
Former lawmaker Ruben Ecleo Jr., who was arrested on Thursday (July 30), is also believed to have been involved in the murder of his slain wife’s relatives, according to the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO).
NCRPO Director PMGen. Debold Sinas said they received information that aside from being the tagged in the murder of his wife, Alona Bacolod Ecleo, Ecleo may also be involved in the murder of the father, mother, and siblings of his wife in 2002.
“May kinalaman siya but the case was not filed unlike iyong sa asawa niya. But everybody knows doon sa Cebu, na siya ang prime suspect (He is involved but the case was not filed unlike in the case of his wife. But everybody in Cebu knows he is the prime suspect),” he said.
However, Ecleo has denied the allegation.
“Wala. Hindi po, hindi ko alam po, (No, I do not know anything),” he said.
Ecleo was arrested in Pampanga on Thursday and is charged with parricide for the murder of his wife in January 2002. He is also facing graft charges for an anomalous project when he was still the mayor of San Jose, Surigao Del Norte. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
MANILA, Philippines – Nananawagan sa pamahalaang panlungsod ng Caloocan ang ilang residente sa Barangay 12 Dagat-Dagatan na bigyan sila ng ayuda matapos mapalawig ang lockdown sa kanilang lugar.
Ayon sa ilang residente, hindi nila napaghandaan ang extension ng barangay lockdown kaya kulang na ang supply ng kanilang pagkain.
Hindi naman sila makalabas ng bahay upang mamili ng kanilang mga kailangan.
“Paano na ang buhay namin? May tindahan sarado, bawal mamalengke. Ang pagkain namin isang linggo lang ang naka-stock e bawal po kami palabasin e,” daing ng residenteng si Angelina Duque.
Aniya, kasama niya sa bahay ang kanyang mga apo na higit na kailangang mabigyan ng pagkain kaya’t naisip niyang magpaskil sa labas ng bahay ng mga pangangailangan ng mga bata.
Ang residenteng si Zaldy Beltran, idinaing rin ang umano’y walang abisong pagpapalawig ng lockdown sa kanilang barangay.
“Siyempre hindi namin ineexpect na ganito. So talagang naalarma kami. Di namin alam na biglang ano ganito na ang sitwasyon,” ani Beltran.
Nanindigan naman si Caloocan City Mayor Oscar Malapitan na hindi nila pinapabayaan ang kanilang mga residente at patuloy ang pamimigay nila ng relief packs.
Iginiit rin niyang para sa kapakanan ng mga residente ang pagsasailalim sa lockdown ng mga barangay lalo na sa mga may matataas na kaso ng novel coronavirus disease.
“Namimigay kami ng relief, hindi namin pababayaan… Ang mga barangay na idineklara natin na lockdown ito po ay para sa inyo, para sa ganun ay hindi na lumaganap ng husto sa inyong mga barangay,” ani Malapitan.
Nasa 34,000 ang bilang ng mga residente sa Barangay 12 at mahigit 50 rito ang kumpirmadong dinapuan ng COVID-19.
Samantala, isinailalim naman simula ngayong araw sa extreme enhanced community quarantine ang Barangay 28 sa Caloocan City matapos makapagtala ng 28 active cases batay sa datos noong May 23. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Aiko Miguel)
MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has recorded one of the biggest amounts of methamphetamine hydrochloride, commonly known as “shabu”, confiscated by local police during an anti-illegal drug operation on Friday night, May 22, along C6 Road in Lower Bicutan, Taguig City.
The combined anti-illegal drug efforts of the Regional Intelligence Division/Regional Special Operations Unit- NCRPO, Regional Drug Enforcement Agency, District Intelligence Division- Southern Police District and Taguig City Police Station together with Philippine National Police- Drug Enforcement Group Special Operations Unit 4, all under the leadership of PMGen. Debold Sinas resulted in an armed encounter against the two (2) armed suspects.
The NCRPO chief identified the suspects as Ryan Labandaria and Ervyn Querubin.
The arrest was made through a buy-bust operation wherein a police operative acted as a poseur buyer.
The suspects, however, noticed that they were dealing with the police and a scuffle ensued. The suspects then fled the scene on board a black Nissan Navarra with the police on their tail.
The police said the suspects were subsequently apprehended and the operatives yielded twelve (12) large packs of dangerous drugs wrapped in Chinese Tea Bag packaging with an estimated weight of more or less 12 Kilograms of suspected shabu, and with an estimated DDB Value of Php 81.6-million.
Aside from the drugs, the police were also able to confiscate the following:
one .45 caliber pistol with one magazine loaded with six (6) live ammunitions;
one KG9 sub machine gun with one live ammunition for chamber load inserted with banana type magazine loaded with nine (9) live ammunitions; and,
one extra banana type magazine loaded with nine (9) live ammunitions
Police said an ambulance was called to bring the wounded suspects to hospital for medical treatment.
All evidence had also been brought to the RSOG-NCRPO for safekeeping, while the illegal drugs will be submitted to the Crime lab for examination.
Sinas, meanwhile, commended the operating teams for what the chief called a remarkable accomplishment of Team NCRPO’s war against illegal drugs.
“This accomplishment is reflective of Team NCRPO’s dedication and unwavering support of the marching order of the President and the Chief, PNP to cleanse the Metro from proliferation of illegal drugs,” Sinas said.
“With the largest amount of shabu busted by Team NCRPO so far this year, we have also minimized its possibility of destroying the lives and future of our fellowmen,” he added. — /mbmf
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.