NCRPO eyes new security plan for quicker 2020 Traslacion

Robie de Guzman   •   December 31, 2019   •   367

MANILA, Philippines – The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) is eyeing to implement new security protocol for the annual procession, known to many Catholic faith devotees in the country as Traslacion.

Acting NCRPO chief Brig. Gen. Debold Sinas said they are now preparing the new security plan which is envisioned to make the procession quicker, safer and more orderly.

The Traslacion is an annual event of the Catholic community held every January 9 from Intramuros to Quiapo Church in Manila. The procession, which draws thousands of devotees, usually lasts for 20 hours.

Sinas said the new set up will ban devotees from climbing up the carriage (andas), and instead require them to fall in line after the carriage to keep the event orderly. The procession route will also be barricaded.

He said they already tested the new protocol during a procession in Quiapo on Monday night. Around 10,000 cops were deployed in the test run, which resulted to the event ending after only one and a half hours than last year’s more than 10 hours.

“Kaming mga pulis, we provided the type of security na alam namin na kaya ito. We studied sa ilang mga years ng deployment na kaya mabagal ang prusisyon kasi nga may sumasalubong, may nag-aagaw sa andas, ‘di ba? So, may mga nagsusuntukan, hindi lang nare-report. Ngayon, hindi namin papayagan ‘yan,” Sinas said.

The NCRPO acting chief said the proposed security plan for the Traslacion 2020 will be implemented with the help of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, Bureau of Fire Protection, Bureau of Jail Management and Penology and other law enforcement agencies.

He also added they are now closely coordinating with other local officials and organizations in the City of Manila in relation to the adoption of the new protocol. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Asher Cadapan Jr.)

NCRPO to probe link of GCTA mess to BuCor exec’s killing

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 21, 2020

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) is looking into the connection of the Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA) issue with the killing of Bureau of Corrections legal chief Atty. Frederic Anthony Santos.

According to NCRPO Director PMGen. Debold Sinas, the NCRPO already formed a special investigation task group to investigate the said case.

“Iyong tinitingnan nila ay iyong dating kaso ni Atty. Santos, iyong GCTA. Iyon ang latest na case niya at iyon ang cause kung bakit siya na suspend (They are looking into the former case of Atty. Santos which is the GCTA. That was his latest case and it was the cause of his suspension),” he said.

“We are checking sa angle na iyon kung sino ang nag-benefit sa pagkapatay ni Atty. Santos (We are checking that angle, and who benefited from killing Atty. Santos),” Sinas added.

Investigators, however, were not able to retrieve the CCTV footage from the incident. According to Sinas, the CCTV around the area were all broken.

The dash cam of Santos’ vehicle was also unable to capture the shooting.

“The shooters approached on the left side of the driver seat, kaya hindi nahagip ng dash cam (so it was not captured by the dash cam),” Sinas said.

The NCRPO official said there were two suspects in the shooting and they were on board a motorcycle.

Santos was suspended as the BuCor’s legal chief last September 2019 for the Senate hearing on the GCTA issue. He was supposed to resume work this March.—AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

NCRPO: No more gambling during wakes

Marje Pelayo   •   February 11, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) on Tuesday (February 11) ordered a ban on all forms of gambling in Metro Manila, even during wakes and fiesta celebrations.

“Nag-issue ako ng directive na maski sa patay bawal,” NCRPO director Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas told reporters at Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City.

The NCRPO Chief added that his directive was already cascaded to local chief executives across the metropolis.

These include any form of numbers game like color games, video karera and ‘sakla’ which gamblers usually set up in wakes.

Sinas added that they received reports that funeral shops allegedly sell or rent out cadavers for fake wakes to set up betting games.

Ang guidance ko pakiusapan muna at pag ayaw ay saka i-raid para hindi nila masabi na wala din kami konsiderasyon (My guidance to the police is to talk to the organizers and if they refuse, they may raid the location so they may not accuse us of being inconsiderate),” Sinas explained.

The NCRPO chief warned to automatically relieve police official in charge once he received reports of gambling in his area of duty.  

“Lantarang saklaan, sabungan, number games, VK pag andyan yan ibig sabihin meron talaga kayong proteksyon (If sakla or card games, derby, number games, video karera is still in practice in your area, that would mean you are a protector),” Sinas warned members of the police.

Such effort by the NCRPO is in support of Philippine National Police Chief DG Archie Gamboa’s ‘no-take policy’ in order to curb illegal gambling in the country.

Other police officials, meanwhile, also expressed similar support to the program.  

“On behalf of the MPD, I would like to pledge to our chief PNP and our regional director to support all their focus program and program trust the “NO TAKE POLICY” and to go against all forms of illegal activities,” assured Manila Police Director PBGen. Bernabe Balba.

“Ang buong SPD under my leadership are fully abide with the full commitment of following the no-take policy of our Chief PNP,” added Southern Police District Acting Director PCol. Emmanuel Peralta.

Sinas, likewise, encouraged the public to capture a video or a photo of any gambling activities in Metro Manila and immediately report the incident to the nearest police authority. MNP (with details from Lea Ylagan)

TAGS   ,

NCRPO to form nCoV response team

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 4, 2020

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has formed their own response team against the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

According to NCRPO Director PMGen. Debold Sinas, this team will be the first responders in case they receive reports of a suspected case of 2019-nCoV.

Sinas said they will also implement security measures before anyone can enter Camp Crame.

“Sa mga kampo or offices ang unang tanong sayo ay ‘Galing ka ba sa China or these places?’ So please answer it, baka hindi ka i-entertain, (In our camp or offices, they will ask if you’ve been to China or these places. So please answer it or they might not entertain you),” he said.—AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.