MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) dismissed around 150 policemen in Metro Manila last year.
According to NCRPO, the dismissed cops are all facing heavy charges such as kidnapping, extortion, and absence without official leave among others.
The highest ranking official sacked was a superintendent.
Albayalde clarified that no one from the NCRPO is included in the 49 cops President Rodrigo Duterte ordered dismissed this month.
“We have already dismissed more than 100 policemen since the President took office last July 1. Many of the sacked policemen no longer have to undergo NAPOLCOM’s process. Based on our investigation, the 158 dismissed cops were from NCR,” said NCRPO chief Oscar Albayalde. — UNTV News & Rescue
Former lawmaker Ruben Ecleo Jr., who was arrested on Thursday (July 30), is also believed to have been involved in the murder of his slain wife’s relatives, according to the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO).
NCRPO Director PMGen. Debold Sinas said they received information that aside from being the tagged in the murder of his wife, Alona Bacolod Ecleo, Ecleo may also be involved in the murder of the father, mother, and siblings of his wife in 2002.
“May kinalaman siya but the case was not filed unlike iyong sa asawa niya. But everybody knows doon sa Cebu, na siya ang prime suspect (He is involved but the case was not filed unlike in the case of his wife. But everybody in Cebu knows he is the prime suspect),” he said.
However, Ecleo has denied the allegation.
“Wala. Hindi po, hindi ko alam po, (No, I do not know anything),” he said.
Ecleo was arrested in Pampanga on Thursday and is charged with parricide for the murder of his wife in January 2002. He is also facing graft charges for an anomalous project when he was still the mayor of San Jose, Surigao Del Norte. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has recorded one of the biggest amounts of methamphetamine hydrochloride, commonly known as “shabu”, confiscated by local police during an anti-illegal drug operation on Friday night, May 22, along C6 Road in Lower Bicutan, Taguig City.
The combined anti-illegal drug efforts of the Regional Intelligence Division/Regional Special Operations Unit- NCRPO, Regional Drug Enforcement Agency, District Intelligence Division- Southern Police District and Taguig City Police Station together with Philippine National Police- Drug Enforcement Group Special Operations Unit 4, all under the leadership of PMGen. Debold Sinas resulted in an armed encounter against the two (2) armed suspects.
The NCRPO chief identified the suspects as Ryan Labandaria and Ervyn Querubin.
The arrest was made through a buy-bust operation wherein a police operative acted as a poseur buyer.
The suspects, however, noticed that they were dealing with the police and a scuffle ensued. The suspects then fled the scene on board a black Nissan Navarra with the police on their tail.
The police said the suspects were subsequently apprehended and the operatives yielded twelve (12) large packs of dangerous drugs wrapped in Chinese Tea Bag packaging with an estimated weight of more or less 12 Kilograms of suspected shabu, and with an estimated DDB Value of Php 81.6-million.
Aside from the drugs, the police were also able to confiscate the following:
one .45 caliber pistol with one magazine loaded with six (6) live ammunitions;
one KG9 sub machine gun with one live ammunition for chamber load inserted with banana type magazine loaded with nine (9) live ammunitions; and,
one extra banana type magazine loaded with nine (9) live ammunitions
Police said an ambulance was called to bring the wounded suspects to hospital for medical treatment.
All evidence had also been brought to the RSOG-NCRPO for safekeeping, while the illegal drugs will be submitted to the Crime lab for examination.
Sinas, meanwhile, commended the operating teams for what the chief called a remarkable accomplishment of Team NCRPO’s war against illegal drugs.
“This accomplishment is reflective of Team NCRPO’s dedication and unwavering support of the marching order of the President and the Chief, PNP to cleanse the Metro from proliferation of illegal drugs,” Sinas said.
“With the largest amount of shabu busted by Team NCRPO so far this year, we have also minimized its possibility of destroying the lives and future of our fellowmen,” he added. — /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – Senator Panfilo Lacson on Friday appealed to some social media users to stop sowing hatred towards Metro Manila’s police chief who was embroiled in controversy after allegedly violating quarantine protocols during a “mañanita” held for his birthday last week.
Lacson said National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) Major General Debold Sinas has already “apologized and regretted his indiscretion,” and that he has been “bashed, criticized and pilloried both on social media and mainstream media” for the incident.
“Whichever way one looks at it, NCRPO chief Police Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas set a bad example in committing what he did during his birthday ‘mañanita’ or whatever he wants to call it,” he said in a statement.
“Certainly, he should get the punishment he deserves even as the appropriate authorities are already investigating him,” he added.
“However, we may also want to take into consideration his long law-enforcement service to the country and the Filipino people, and his present efforts in supervising the checkpoints all over Metro Manila to make us safe from the coronavirus threat,” he further stated.
But Lacson clarified that his statement is “not to suggest forgiveness or absolution” for Sinas.
“Rather, it is an appeal to concerned netizens not to rub salt to injury by going to the extent of posting out-of-date photos to sow more hatred towards Sinas by exploiting the naïveté of certain individuals to join the bandwagon of hate towards the police officer,” he said.
Sinas earlier apologized for what transpired during his birthday, saying he did not intend to disobey protocols related to the implementation of the ECQ to contain the spread of COVID-19.
He also said that some of the photos circulating online were “edited and grabbed from old posts” and do not define the totality of what really happened.
The photos, earlier posted on the NCRPO Facebook page, showed Sinas handing cakes and roses during the event. A photo also showed Sinas sitting at a table with guests.
The photos were said to be taken during a party held for Sinas to celebrate his birthday. Police officers gave him a mañanita, a traditional early morning serenade, where they dine together.
The said event was met with criticism for allegedly breaking quarantine rules.
Philippine National Police chief General Archie Gamboa said he already ordered a probe into the incident.
Interior Secretary Eduardo Año also said that Sinas, as a police official, should serve as an example in following protocols especially those related to the containment of COVID-19.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.