NCRPO chief Eleazar promoted to Police Director rank

admin   •   August 17, 2018   •   18039

Malacañang has approved the promotion of NCRPO Chief Guillermo Eleazar to the rank of Police Director — a position equivalent to that of a two-star general (major general) in the military.

The promotion was based on the recommendation of the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) signed by DILG Secretary Eduardo Año on July 23.

Malacañang’s approval dated August 16 has been sent to the office of DILG Secretary Eduardo Año.

Eleazar is a graduate of the Philippine Military Academy, Hinirang Class of 1987.

Before he was appointed NCRPO director, Eleazar served as Police Regional Office 4-A director for two months after his stint as Quezon City Police District (QCPD) director. — Lea Ylagan

NAPOLCOM recommends three names for next PNP chief

Marje Pelayo   •   October 18, 2019

(L-R) Police Lt.Gen Archie Gamboa, Deputy Chief for Operations Police Lt.Gen Camilo Cascolan and Directorial Staff Chief Police Major Gen Guillermo Eleazar

MANILA, Philippines — The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) has recommended three high ranking police officers to be the next Philippine National Police (PNP) chief.

Among the three is PNP officer-in-charge Police Lt.Gen Archie Gamboa who took over the PNP following the resignation of Police Gen. Oscar Albayalde.

Aside from Gamboa, Deputy Chief for Operations Police Lt.Gen Camilo Cascolan and Directorial Staff Chief Police Major Gen Guillermo Eleazar are also among NAPOLCOM’s top picks to become the next chief of the PNP.

NAPOLCOM Vice Chairman Rogelio Casurao clarified that the NAPOLCOM’s shortlist is just a recommendation.

The decision still rests with President Rodrigo Duterte as he may also choose someone who is not on NAPOLCOM’s list.

“Moral ascendancy, decency, integrity…these are the things that our system is longing for — iyong tatagal talaga sa trabaho (One who would last long in office) because people are feeling their trust and respect for their leader,” Casurao concluded.

NAPOLCOM favors third party investigation on 2013 ‘Agaw-Bato’ incident

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 10, 2019

FILE PHOTO: An operative from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) puts back methamphetamine inside a plastic bag during a presentation of seized drugs at the NBI headquarters in Manila, Philippines. EPA/MARK R. CRISTINO

The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) is in favor of having third party investigation on the 2013 ‘Agaw Bato’ incident in Pampanga.

Mas maganda kung may third party investigating para mawalan ng suspetsa na nagpapabaya o may nagtatakipan (It is better to have a third party investigating [the case] to remove suspicion of neglect or bias),” according to NAPOLCOM Vice Chairman Atty. Rogelio Casurao.

However, Casurao said they will wait for the results of the Senate hearing on the illegal drug recycling issue before releasing their recommendation.

“The timeline is for us to put the investigation in place immediately so that by the time, the matter of investigation of the Senate done, mayroon na rin siguro kaming [resulta] (we would also have our results),” he said.

NAPOLCOM also said they are prepared to accept new administrative cases against 13 alleged ‘ninja cops’ for recycling confiscated illegal drugs in 2013.

President Rodrigo Duterte previously ordered NAPOLCOM Chairman, and incumbent Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año to investigate the ‘Agaw Bato’ incident.—AAC (with reports from April Cenedoza)

Albayalde’s recommendation for next PNP chief to go thru Napolcom first

Maris Federez   •   October 8, 2019

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Oscar Albayalde speaks during a gun exhibition in Mandaluyong City, east of Manila, Philippines, 12 July 2018. EPA-EFE/EUGENIO LORETO

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief PGen. Oscar ALbayalde is yet to receive a request from the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), the National Police Commission (Napolcom), or even the Malacañang for a list of possible choices for President Rodrigo Duterte for the next head of the national police force.

PNP spokesperson PBGen. Bernard Banac said they are awaiting the request before submitting the list to Napolcom which will, in turn, forward the same to the Office of the President.

Albayalde’s recommendation for chief includes the names of his possible successor, their present position and accomplishments.

Banac added that Napolcom may still add to the list its own bets for the PNP post.

“Maaari din namang humingi mismo ang Pangulo diretso na from the Chief PNP. Nasa kapangyarihan niya yun,” the official said.

Banac assured that the PNP chief had included in his list the heads of command groups and national support units, as well as, the regional directors.

The police spokesman, however, said there were instances when the President had not picked from the recommendations of previous PNP chiefs but based his decision on which official had earned his trust the most.

“Wala namang limitasyon kung ilan ang maaaring isumite.  Lahat ng one star rank pataas ay qualified mamuno ng Philippine National Police,” said Banac.

Among the names that have floated as Albayalde’s possible successor are: Deputy Chief for Operations PLtGen. Archie Gamboa, the Chief Directorial Staff PLtGen. Camilo Cascolan, NCRPO Director PMGen. Guillermo Eleazar, Manila Police District Director Vicente Danao Jr., and Firearms and Explosives Office Director PBGen. Val De Leon. (from the report of Lea Ylagan) /mbmf

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.