MWSS suspends disconnection during ECQ

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 4, 2021   •   320

MANILA, Philippines — The Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System Regulatory Office (MWSS-RO) has ordered the temporary suspension of all its service disconnection activities for the duration of the ECQ period.

In a statement, the MWSS-RO said it aims to ensure water supply availability within their Service Areas amid the challenges of stricter quarantine classification.

“The MWSS-RO appeals to concerned Local Government Units (LGUs) in Metro Manila, Cavite, and Rizal to allow the meter readers of the water concessionaires to continue their on-site water meter reading and billing operations during the ECQ,” the statement read.

The agency said this will enable water concessionaires, Maynilad and Manila Water, to bill their customers based on actual water consumption, and help minimize billing complaints that may abound if the customers were to be billed based on average consumption.

It also has directed both concessionaires to ensure strict compliance of their meter readers and other personnel with the prescribed health and safety protocols in the conduct of read-and-bill.

“The agency will continue to protect the welfare of the public, especially during this difficult time of the pandemic.,” the MWSS-RO said. -AAC

Maynilad, Manila Water ordered to suspend disconnection activities in areas under Alert Level 5

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 16, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—The Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) on Thursday (September 16) directed Manila Water Company, Inc. and Maynilad Water Services, Inc. to suspend disconnection activities in areas under Alert Level 5 or areas under granular lockdown.

In a statement, the MWSS said the suspension will remain until such time that the restriction has been lifted.

The directive comes after implementation of alert levels system and granular lockdowns in certain areas of Metro Manila beginning September 16.

“In this critical time when public health relies on access to clean, safe, and sufficient water supply, the Concessionaires have also been directed to ensure water supply availability within their Service Areas,” the MWSS further said.

Meanwhile, for areas not under Alert Level 5, the MWSS encourages Manila Water and Maynilad customers to settle their bills to ensure continuity of services.

To provide assistance to customers who are facing the economic challenges during the pandemic, the agency previously directed the water concessionaires to offer flexible payment terms.

The MWSS also ensured water supply availability within the service areas and encouraged customers to conserve water.

“Rest assured that the MWSS will continue to proactively operationalize measures to aid customers and protect consumer welfare especially in this time of adversity,” the MWSS said. AAC

 

10 areas under MECQ from Sept. 8 to 30

Robie de Guzman   •   September 6, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Ten areas will shift to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) classification from Sept. 8 to 30, Malacañang announced Monday.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) approved the following areas to be placed under MECQ:

  • Apayao
  • Bataan
  • Bulacan
  • Cavite
  • Lucena City
  • Laguna
  • Rizal
  • Iloilo Province
  • Iloilo City
  • Cagayan de Oro City

Roque, who also serves as IATF spokesperson, said Metro Manila will be downgraded to general community quarantine (GCQ) from Sept. 8 to 30.

He said that during this period, a pilot testing of the granular lockdown will be implemented. Guidelines for pilot areas may be released on Monday or Tuesday.

Metro Manila was previously placed under MECQ from Aug. 21 to Sept. 7.

Meanwhile, the following areas will shift to GCQ with heightened restrictions:

  • Ilocos Sur
  • Ilocos Norte
  • Cagayan
  • Pangasinan
  • Quezon
  • Batangas
  • Naga City
  • Antique
  • Bacolod City
  • Capiz
  • Cebu Province
  • Lapu-Lapu City
  • Negros Oriental
  • Zamboanga del Sur
  • Misamis Oriental
  • Davao City
  • Davao del Norte
  • Davao de Oro
  • Davao Occidental
  • Butuan City

The following areas will be under GCQ:

  • Baguio City
  • Kalinga
  • Abra
  • Benguet
  • Dagupan City
  • Santiago City
  • Quirino
  • Nueva Vizcaya
  • Tarlac
  • Occidental Mindoro
  • Puerto Princesa
  • Aklan
  • Guimaras
  • Negros Occidental
  • Cebu City
  • Mandaue City
  • Zamboanga Sibugay
  • Zamboanga City
  • Zamboanga del Norte
  • Misamis Occidental
  • Iligan City
  • Davao Oriental
  • Davao del Sur
  • General Santos City
  • Sultan Kudarat
  • Sarangani
  • North Cotabato
  • South Cotabato
  • Agusan del Norte
  • Agusan del Sur
  • Dinagat Islands
  • Surigao del Norte
  • Surigao del Sur
  • Cotabato City
  • Lanao del Sur

The rest of the Philippines will be under MGCQ, Roque said.

Quezon City completes distribution of ECQ ‘ayuda 2’ to 2.3 million residents

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 30, 2021

The Quezon City government has completed the distribution of P2.48 billion financial assistance to its residents.

As of August 28, a total of 2,339,420 individuals or 747,520 families have claimed their P1,000 to P4,000 aid from different distribution centers in the city.

The local government reported that the aid distribution was completed five days earlier than the deadline set by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte said the city has also begun distribution of unclaimed ayuda. She reported that there are still 89,154 households that have yet to claim their financial aid.

According to Social Services Development Department (SSDD) head Fe Macale, the city had updated the beneficiary list to remove ineligible and duplicate names days before the ayuda distribution.

“Kaya naging mabilis at maayos ang distribution natin ngayon kasi malinis na ang listahan natin. Inayos natin ito para ma-update ang listahan at mabigyan ang mga residenteng nararapat talagang mabigyan ng ayuda (The distribution has been fast and orderly because our list is organized. We updated the list to make sure eligible residents will receive aid),” she said.

Beneficiaries who have yet to get their ECQ ayuda 2 are advised to monitor the QC government Facebook page and website for further announcements.

Meanwhile, a grievance and appeals committee was stationed in payout sites to address the complaints of constituents regarding financial aid.

Kapag may natitira pang pondo pagkatapos nating maibigay ‘yung ayuda para sa mga unclaimed (should there be excess in the funds after the distribution for the unclaimed has been released), residents who filed grievances or complaints will now be subject for payout,” Macale added. AAC

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.