MANILA, Philippines – The number of unloading incidents recorded from January to September this year in the Metro Rail Transit line 3 (MRT-3) has only reached 18 so far, its management reported on Monday.
According to official records of the MRT-3 control center, this is much lower when compared to 480 unloading incidents reported in the same period in 2016, which was the highest number recorded since 2012.
In a Facebook post, the MRT-3 said the significant improvement was observed after they stopped the “force deployment” of “unsafe and reliable trains” as practiced by MRT-3’s previous maintenance provider.
“Amin din pong nais na klaruhin na ang MRT-3 ay hindi kailanman nagdedeploy ng tren na depektibo o sira. Mahalaga sa amin ang kaligtasan ng aming mga pasahero,” the agency said in a statement.
(We also wish to clarify that the MRT-3 has never deployed defective trains. The safety of our passengers is very important to us.)
“Katunayan, ipinatigil po namin ang naging kasanayan ng dating maintenance providers na ‘force deployment’ ng ‘unsafe at unreliable trains’, dahil sila noon ay nababayaran base sa numero ng tren na kanilang nadedeploy, sirain man o hindi,” it added.
(In fact, we have stopped the practice of ‘force deployment’ of ‘unsafe and unreliable trains’ by former maintenance providers as they are paid based on the number of deployed trains, regardless of whether it broke down or not.)
The MRT-3 management also said that compared to previous years, its warehouse now contains enough number of spare parts to repair broken train system components.
“Kung dati rin ay halos walang lamang spare parts ang MRT-3 warehouse, ngayon po ay nag-uumapaw ito sa dami. Ibig sabihin, sapat na ang mga spare parts na gagamitin sa pagkukumpuni ng mga bagon at sistema ng MRT-3,” it said.
(If in the past, the MRT-3 warehouse contained little to no spare parts, now, it is overflowing. It means there are enough spare parts for fixing MRT-3 coaches and system components.)
The agency also reported other improvements brought about by the ongoing comprehensive rehabilitation program, including the full operation of elevators in all MRT-3 stations and the operation of 30 of the total 46 escalators.
93 air-conditioning units have also been installed at MRT-3 coaches with 87 more units to be delivered soon.
Around 4,053 pieces of new rails to replace degraded MRT-3 mainline tracks have also been completely delivered.
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) earlier announced that the processing of rail replacements for will start in November until February 2021 at the welding area in the railway’s Taft Avenue Station.
MANILA, Philippines — The MRT management will limit the number of trains in operation starting July 6.
This after a number of its personnel tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), bringing the total of positive cases to 127, a Department of Transportation (DOTr) advisory said.
Initial report said the 127 cases consist of 124 Sumitomo Depot personnel and 3 MRT-3 Depot personnel who will be placed under mandatory quarantine and medication.
DOTr Undersecretary for Railways Timothy John Batan said that with the guidance of the IATF-EID and upon the advice of Sumitomo-MHI, MRT-3 will be able to continue operations, with the possibility of reducing capacity or with fewer trains.
“Sumitomo requested to discuss on a day-by-day basis the level of operations that they can sustain as results of the mass swab testing continue to be released. In the meantime, Sumitomo advised that they are able to continue with operations to service MRT-3’s tens of thousands of passengers, although at a reduced level,” said Usec Batan.
“While we try to do our best to keep the same maintenance performance through this week, we would like to discuss with DOTr MRT3 office day by day, how much maintenance level we would be able to keep, in view of the number of COVID-19 infected people,” said Masanori Honda of Sumitomo.
The advisory also said that “to augment MRT-3’s further reduced capacity due to the quarantine of some of its depot personnel, DOTr will be boosting its Bus Augmentation Program and EDSA Busway service, in coordination with the DOTr Road Sector, LTFRB, and MMDA.”
“Per guidance of the IATF-EID, additional measures and precautions will be taken during MRT-3’s reduced operations, including requiring full PPE for stations and depot personnel, limiting movement of depot personnel to their immediate areas of responsibility, increased disinfection activities, and heightened monitoring and screening of symptoms among all personnel,” the advisory further read.
Meanwhile, MRT reminds the public that it will suspend operation on July 4 and 5 to give way to their rail replacement activities. —(with details from Joan Nano) /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – Umarangkada na ngayong Lunes, Hunyo 29 ang mini loop routes ng city buses para makatulong sa pagbiyahe ng mga commuter.
Ayon sa Department of Transportation (DOTr), dalawa ang mini loop routes na binuksan ngayong araw: ang Monumento – MRT Quezon Avenue Station at PITX – Ayala Avenue.
Ang rutang Timog-Santolan naman ay sa Miyerkules, July 1 pa magsisimula.
Nakadugtong ang mga rutang ito sa bus augmentation ng Metro Rail Transit (MRT) line 3 na bumibiyahe sa EDSA sa pagitan ng North Avenue at Taft Avenue na binuksan ng DOTr noong June 1 kasabay ng paglipat ng Metro Manila sa general community quarantine.
“Marami kasi tayong mga commuter o mga pasahero na nag-express ng kanilang concern na wala silang masakyan from Monumento going to North Avenue or Quezon Avenue. Gayundin y’ong mga galing ng PITX papunta ng Ayala. So, ‘yon ang in-adress natin ngayon,” ani DOTr Assistant Secretary Goddess Hope Libiran.
Ayon sa kagawaran, 30 public bus units ang nakatalaga sa mga nabanggit na ruta.
Tiniyak naman ng DOTr na araw-araw ang gagawing assessment para matugunan ang pangangailangan ng mga commuter.
Alinsunod sa direktiba ng Inter-Agency Task Force, gradual o unti-unti ang pagbabalik ng operasyon ng mga pampublikong sasakyan. Una nang pinayagan ang limitadong operasyon sa itinakdang ruta ng point-to-point buses, transport network vehicle services at public utility buses. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Asher Cadapan Jr.)
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) has defended the government’s public utility vehicle (PUV) Modernzation Program, saying it does not favor the rich but the commuters.
In a social media post, the DOTr said the PUV Modernization Program will benefit the drivers as they would have a salary with fixed working hours, as well as benefits from the Social Security System (SSS) . The program also aims to remove the ‘boundary system’, and lessen air pollution.
“Sa PUV Modernization, hindi lang makina, kalidad, o disenyo ng jeep ang binabago. Binabago dito ang nakagawiang sistema ng mga jeepney drivers at commuters, (The PUV Modernization will not just change the quality, design, and the machine of jeepneys. It will also change the old system of drivers and commuters),” the post read.
The DOTr said the government already gave jeepney operators a three-year transition period for them to have a proper fleet management. The department also reiterated that as long as the traditional jeepney passes the road worthiness standards, it will still be allowed to operate.
“Kahit hindi bago o traditional jeepney pa iyan, kung papasa naman sa road worthiness standards, papayagan pa rin po iyang tumakbo, (Even if it is a traditional jeepney, it will be allowed to operated if it passes the road worthiness standards),” the department said. AAC
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.