Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Most Filipinos support admin’s anti-drug war despite awareness of EJKs — Pulse Asia

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Tuesday, October 17th, 2017

PULSE ASIA SURVEY

MANILA, Philippines — Eight in every 10 Filipinos interviewed by the Pulse Asia survey nationwide support the anti-drug war of the Duterte administration. Two percent is unsupportive while the remaining percentage is indecisive. The survey was taken from September 24 to 30 2017.

However, though many support the anti-drug war, 73% from all areas and classes believe in extrajudicial killings (EJKs) while the campaign is being implemented.

This percentage increased from the 67% in June 2017.

Many Filipinos are also aware of the case of Kian delos Santos, the 17-year old boy who was killed in a questionable anti-illegal drug operation by some members of the Northern Police District on August 16.

Seventy-six percent also expressed concern about the possibility that the case of Kian might happen to them or their families because of the anti-drug war.

The Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa admitted that there are those who were killed in the anti-drug war but these are not EJKs.

“Critics keep on labeling the casualties as EJKs to the public. EJK, EJK so that is what the people think. Those who die in the drug, we don’t deny that. However [it becomes different because] we don’t share the same meaning when we say EJK,” said Dela Rosa.

President Duterte has been saying he is unfazed by ratings and will continue working to deliver what he promised to the Filipinos.

“Now, the ratings, though I would get zero, I don’t care. I will still work because that is what I promised. If I die or be imprisoned because of that, I’m sorry. What matters is that I’m satisfied after fulfilling what I promised for the Philippines, that is my personal satisfaction,” said the president.  — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News and Rescue

 

 

 

Tags: , , , ,

QC police nabs 9 in overnight anti-drug ops

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Wednesday, October 24th, 2018

 

Suspects nabbed at Barangay Greater Lagro, Mindanao extension District 5, Quezon City on October 24, 2018

QUEZON CITY, Philippines — A man and his niece were arrested Wednesday at dawn for allegedly dealing illegal drugs at Barangay Pinyahan, Quezon City.

The two had been placed under surveillance by the Quezon City Police District for two weeks prior to the buy-bust operation.

The suspects were identified as George Cagioa alias Tatang, (59), and Irish Michaela Padilla alias Negra, both residents of Baranay Pinyahan.

Authorities found the suspects in possession of 10 sachets of suspected shabu, a cellphone and three P100 bills that were used in the buy-bust operation.

Police also arrested a buyer identified as Romeo de Ocampo.

The suspects vehemently denied ownership of the recovered illegal drugs.

“Nanonood po ako ng telebisyon bigla silang pumunta sa bahay ko. Hindi po akin yan, nasa labas po ako nung naghalughog sila. Hindi ko po alam bakit nagkaroon diyan (I was watching the television when they [police] barged into my house. Those [drugs] are not mine, I was outside when they searched the house. I don’t how those got in there), ” said Cagioa.

Barangay Councilor Anthony Prodigalidad said that their area has been suffering from the menace of illegal drugs and they prepared to work with authorities in solving it.

“Sakit na sa ulo…sabi ko nga ‘kalian ba mahihinto ang problema sa droga sa Pinyahan? (It’s such a pain. I ask myself, “When will Pinayahan be rid of this drug problem”), he said.

Meanwhile, another drug pusher was caught under the anti-criminality law enforcement operation of Barangay Pasong Tamo in Quezon City.

The suspect, Efren Pipen Ramo, has been arrested and jailed three times already for robbery and hold-up.

Ramo said he went into drug dealing because he needed the money to make ends meet after the motorized tricycle he used to operate for his livelihood broke down.

“Nagbebenta po ako pero bihira lang po. Bihira lang po kapag may iniwan, kapag may dumating. Sira po tricycle ko. Nagsisisi po kaya nga lang kailangan eh, (I sell drugs but not all the time. I only sell when a supply comes in. My tricycle needs repair. I regret [dealing drugs] but I had to) said Ramo.

Another buy-bust operation by the PNP at Barangay Greater Lagro, Mindanao extension District 5, Quezon City, yielded five arrests.

The police were targeting a suspected drug pusher Hadji Hassim, who operates in the area.

“Mailap po talaga yan kasi tingin [namin] malaking tulak yang si Hadji (Hadji is really elusive because he is believed to be a notorious pusher),” PNP Station 5 Police Chief Inspector Don-Don Lapitan said.

Authorities were able to recover from the operation one SUV, a motorcycle, buy-bust money, three cellphones and five sachets of suspected illegal drugs. — Gerry Galicia

Tags: , ,

Bato eligible for police escorts after receiving death threats — PNP

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, October 15th, 2018

Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa

MANILA, Philippines — Philippine National Police chief, PDG Oscar Albayalde said the PNP is ready to assign police escorts to its former chief, PDG Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa despite his intention to run for Senate as he has allegedly been receiving death threats from drug lords.

Comelec has a ruling that candidates and private individuals are not allowed to have police escorts during election period.

Albayalde added that Dela Rosa is allowed to have two security details owing to his former position as chief of PNP.

He explained that based on PNP regulations, all retired generals who hold a two-star rank and higher are allowed to have two police escorts.

Should Dela Rosa wish to have more than two security details, he has to secure the President’s approval. — Lea Ylagan

Tags: , ,

Duterte appointed Faeldon as next BuCor chief

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, October 12th, 2018

FILE PHOTO: Nicanor Faeldon

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has appointed Nicanor Faeldon as the new Bureau of Correction (BuCor) chief,  replacing Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa who vacated the post and is now running for Senate.

According to the law, Dela Rosa is considered resigned from his post after he filed his certificate of candidacy (COC) on Friday (October 12).

Faeldon is the incumbent deputy administrator of the Office of the Civil Defense (OCD).

He formerly served as the commissioner of the Bureau of Customs (BOC) however, he left his post after he got involved in the controversy over the P6.4 billion shabu smuggling case on May 2017. — UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , ,