MANILA, Philippines — Two more U-turn slots along Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue (EDSA) will be closed starting Monday (November 23) in line with the EDSA Busway project.
The said move aims to provide faster mobility for the commuting public, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said in an advisory.
Traffic advisory signages were installed in the vicinity for the closure of the two U-turn slots located along EDSA near Oliveros Drive and Balintawak Market.
Affected motorists are advised to take the following detour routes:
From northbound going southbound, affected vehicles may take the Balintawak Interchange, General Malvar/Bagong Barrio U-turn slot.
From southbound going northbound, affected vehicles may take Quezon Avenue service road U-turn.
The EDSA Busway designates the innermost lane of EDSA as an exclusive lane for public utility buses (PUBs) travelling along the national highway, from Monumento in Caloocan to SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City.
“The government’s goal of providing safe, reliable, and efficient travel for commuters along the country’s main thoroughfare will further continue in coordination with concerned agencies,” said MMDA Chairman Danilo Lim said.
Other alternative routes for closed U-turn slots between North Avenue and Manila Central University in Monumento are as follows:
For vehicles coming from Manila going to Bagong Barrio:
• Coming from A. Bonifacio Ave., turn right at Del Monte Ave. then turn left at Banawe Ave., then turn left to Sgt. Rivera Ave., then cross A. Bonifacio Ave. taking C-3 Road then turn right at Rizal Ave. going to Monumento
- Or turn left on 7th Ave. then turn right on Rizal Ave. going to Monumento
For vehicles coming from Grace Park going to EDSA Northbound:
• Take 10th Ave. until Rizal Ave. to Monumento
For vehicles coming from Manila going to NLEX:
• From Rizal Avenue, turn right on 5th Ave. to make a U-turn, then cross Rizal Ave. going to NLEX Harbor Link C-3 Entry Ramp
• From A. Bonifacio Ave., turn right at Del Monte Ave. then turn left at Banawe Ave., then turn left to Sgt. Rivera Ave., then cross A. Bonifacio Ave. taking C-3 Road to enter NLEX using C-3 entry ramp
For vehicles coming from Howmart Road to EDSA Southbound (SB):
• Take Cloverleaf NW Loop going to A. Bonifacio Avenue
• Take SW Loop going to EDSA Southbound
For those coming from Project 8, Quezon City area going EDSA SB to Cubao/Makati:
• Take inner roads to Mindanao Ave.
• From Mindanao Ave., either:
1. Make a U-turn then make a right turn to Road 1 until you reach Visayas Ave., then proceed to QC Circle and exit at either Quezon Ave., East Ave. or Kalayaan Ave.
2. Make a left turn to North Ave., then right turn at Agham Road until you reach Quezon Ave.