MMDA dismantles two barangay halls near Caloocan City hall

Robie de Guzman   •   September 3, 2019   •   1646

MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Tuesday dismantled two barangay halls near Caloocan City hall as part of the government’s ongoing efforts to clear public roads from obstruction.

The MMDA, along with the Caloocan City government, conducted the demolition of the illegally-built structures encroaching the sidewalks less than a month before the 60-day deadline set for road clearing efforts for all local government units (LGU).

The city government of Caloocan earlier reported that 100 percent of the major roads have already been cleared. However, the major concern of local officials are the informal settlers in the city.

“Yung matatagal nang informal settlers, ‘yung 1992 below, they are protected by the law. So, kumukuha pa kami ng opinion at exemptions sa DILG,” Caloocan Mayor Oscar Malapitan told reporters after the demolition.

Meanwhile, a notice of violation has been issued to residents and business establishments in Quezon City with structures obstructing the roads. A seven-day grace period was given to concerned parties to remove the said illegal structures.

“Kung gusto nilang umayos, kailangan talaga maki-cooperate lahat. Hindi lang pwede na puro gobyerno lagi ang gagawa ng hakbang,” MMDA general manager Jojo Garcia said.

Garcia added they are also monitoring the efforts of local government units in complying with the 60-day road clearing as ordered under the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Memorandum No. 2019-121 issued in July based on the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte.

“Walang pulitika rito, kung sino man yung tamaang kapitan o kagawad, e sorry na lang sila. kailangang gawin nila ang trabaho nila,” he said.

The MMDA earlier expressed confidence it will meet the 60-day deadline to reclaim public roads in the metropolis. The deadline will be on September 29.

The DILG earlier warned local officials unable to comply with the order of the President would face sanctions ranging from a reprimand, suspension, to dismissal from the service. RRD (with details from Correspondent Vincent Arboleda)

MMDA staff with comorbidities, elderly get COVID-19 vaccine

Robie de Guzman   •   April 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Wednesday began the vaccination against novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) of its personnel who are senior citizens and with comorbidities.

MMDA chairperson Benhur Abalos said around 200 employees belonging to the A2 (senior citizens) and A3 (with comorbidities) priority groups were administered with Sinovac Biotech’s CoronaVac vaccine at the agency’s headquarters in Makati City.

Around 80 medical personnel of the MMDA were already vaccinated against COVID-19 on Monday.

Abalos said the MMDA has a high infection rate among its personnel because they are among the frontline workers in the fight against COVID-19.

“Kaya, humingi kami ng tulong sa DOH (Department of Health) para mabakunahan ang ating mga frontliners, lalong lalo na ang aming traffic enforcers, ang mga nasa field,” he said.

The agency is targeting to fully inoculate all its 8,000 employees.

Abalos himself received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. His initial dose was given last March 1.

The MMDA has so far recorded a total of 771 COVID-19 infections with 100 active ones. About eight personnel succumbed to the disease. – RRD (with details from Correspondent JP Nuñez)

MMDA suspends truck ban in ECQ areas

Aileen Cerrudo   •   March 30, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—Truck ban in areas under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) is temporarily suspended, according to Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA).

In a Twitter post, the agency announced that truck ban is suspended along major thoroughfares in Metro Manila. This is to ensure the deliveries of essential goods in areas under ECQ will be unhampered.

The MMDA, however, clarified that total truck ban is still implemented along EDSA.

The ECQ will last until April 4 in NCR, Bulacan, Laguna, Cavite, and Rizal. AAC

Pasig Ferry Service operations suspended for Lenten week – MMDA

Robie de Guzman   •   March 30, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Operations of the Pasig River Ferry Service will be temporarily suspended from April 1 to April 4, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said.

In a statement, the MMDA said normal operations will resume on Monday, April 5.

“Meanwhile, as Metro Manila is under enhanced community quarantine, the ferry service will be implementing 50% seating capacity,” the agency said.

All Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APOR) are allowed to ride the ferry service, provided they bring an identification card.

The national government placed the National Capital Region (NCR) and nearby provinces of Cavite, Bulacan, Rizal, and Laguna under ECQ from March 29 to April 4 in a bid to arrest the surge in COVID-19 cases.

 

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.