Miss Universe VIP tickets selling fast

admin   •   December 12, 2016   •   4222

File photo: (standing) Some of the Miss Universe 2016 candidates. (sitting, from L-R) Gov. Chavit Singson, Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo, 2015 Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach and Miss Universe Organization president Paula Shugart.

File photo: (standing) Some of the Miss Universe 2016 candidates.
(sitting, from L-R) Gov. Chavit Singson, Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo, 2015 Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach and Miss Universe Organization president Paula Shugart.

 

According to Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo, most tickets have been reserved for the visitors of the Miss Universe Organization. “Floor areas are almost full (…) but the General Admission is still open,” said Teo.

As of Monday (December 12), only 200 VIP tickets are left for the Miss Universe pageant that will be held next year in the Philippines.

For those who are interested, the tickets are available starting December 20.  Prices range from P8,000 to P50,000.

Meanwhile, 12 of the Miss Universe candidates visited Siargo Island in Surigao del Norte last Sunday.

All were first timers in the Philippines and  were amazed by the beauty of the island.

“The island was really beautiful. I’ve only been to Bali (Indonesia), now in the Philippines, enjoying myself. I cannot wait for the pageant in January.” said Ms. Korea, Jenny Kim

“It is probably one of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever been to,” said Miss USA Deshauna Barber.

WATCH: 11 candidates presented at Miss Universe 2016 grand kickoff

2015 Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach said, she wants the candidates to witness the beauty of the places in the Philippines.

“It’s great that the girls have had their first trip here in the Philippines. You girls are very lucky this is just a taste of what’s more to come,” Wurtzbach said.

The Miss Universe candidates will be arriving in Cebu on Tuesday to visit some of the province’s tourist destinations one of which is Oslob where they could enjoy whale-watching.

Authorities assured that the measures to secure the safety of the candidates are already in place.

“We are confident that the event will be very, very peaceful. All systems go,” Cebu Provincial Police Office Provincial Director SSupt. Eric Noble said.

The swimwear presentation of the candidates will be held in Cebu on January 17 next year.

Meanwhile, the Miss Universe Organization has yet to choose the partner of Steve Harvey in hosting the prestigious pageant.

“He is one of the most popular people in the U.S. He is so excited to come to the Philippines,” said Miss Universe Organization president, Paula Shugart.

“We spoke with his office last week and he is really preparing and studying all about the Philippines,” she added. — Aiko Miguel | UNTV News & Rescue

Ilocos Sur prepares to welcome tourists starting November 15

Maris Federez   •   October 19, 2020

The Department of Tourism (DOT) welcomes the news that Ilocos Sur will open to Luzon residents on November 15.

In a press release issued on Sunday (October 18), the DOT said the province will once again open its doors to tourists once all systems and health and safety measures are in place.

Ilocos Sur Governor Ryan V. Singson made the announcement to open up the province following the growing interest from tourists from the National Capital Region (NCR) during the launch of the Reef and Ridge traveler corridor.

The DOT also lauded Governor Singson’s initiative, noting that such measure aims to give back jobs to the tourism workforce from the kutcheros or carriage drivers to the waiters, the souvenir shops, to the tour guides through the slow but sure reopening of the province.

Ilocos Sur first welcomed back tourists through the Ridge and Reef travel corridor with Baguio City and Ilocos Region including the provinces of La Union, Pangasinan, and Ilocos Norte.

The province takes pride of its famous tourist destinations, such as, Vigan Heritage Village and Calle Crisologo, Plaza Salcedo Dancing Fountain, Bantay Bell Tower, Santa Maria Church, and Plaza Burgos.

Pamahalaan, may alok na pautang sa maliliit na tourism businesses na apektado ng pandemya

Robie de Guzman   •   October 12, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Maglulunsad ng programang pautang ang Department of Tourism (DOT) para sa mga maliliit na negosyo sa sektor ng turismo na naapektuhan ng novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.

Sa panayam sa UNTV Program na Get It Straight with Daniel Razon ngayong Martes, sinabi ni Tourism Undersecretary Benito Bengzon na layunin ng programa na tulungan ang maliliit na negosyante na muling makabangon kasabay ng unti-unting pagbubukas ng turismo sa bansa.

Ayon kay Bengzon, aabot sa P10 bilyon ang inilaang pondo ng DOT para mapautang ang maliliit na negosyante at P6 bilyon rito ang itatalaga sa loan program.

Katuwang nila sa programang ito ang Small Business Corporation (SB Corp.) ng Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).

“Ang pinaka-objective niyan gaya ng binaggit mo, matulungan itong mga tourism enterprises na talagang naghihingalo na. Siyempre, walang turista, walang revenue. Pero napakaganda po ng terms na binigay sa amin ng Small Business Corporation ng Department of Trade and Industry at nakipagpulong na rin kami sa mga private sector at sa pananaw nila maganda rates na ibinigay,” ang wika ni Bengzon.

Aniya, isinasapinal na nila ang mga panuntunan para sa ipatutupad na loan program.

Maliban dito, naglaan na rin ang ang DOT ng P3 bilyong pondong pang-ayuda para naman sa mga manggagawang nawalan ng trabaho.

Ito ay sa pamamagitan ng cash-for-work program na ipatutupad naman sa tulong ng Department of Labor and Employment.


Mayroon ding ilalaang P100 milyon para sa local tour guides na naapektuhan rin ang trabaho.

Samantala, binigyang-diin ng DOT ang pagpapalakas sa sektor ng turismo upang makabawi ang ekonomiya ng bansa.

At upang mahikayat ang maraming turista na bumiyahe sa bansa sa gitna ng pandemiya, sinabi ng kagawaran na nakikipag-ugnayan na sila sa Department of Health para mapababa ang halaga ng swab testing lalo’t kabilang ito sa mga pangunahing requirement na inilatag sa pagbubukas ng ilang tourist destination.

“Ang pinaka-priority natin is tulungang makabangon mga tourism enterprises at tulungan natin mga kababayan natin na nawalan ng trabaho so ito yung magiging priority natin in the next several months or couple of years… Suportahan natin ang domestic tourism dahil ito talaga ang aahon ng ating tourism industry,” ang pahayag ni Bengzon.

Noong nakaraang linggo ay binuksan na sa mga lokal na turista ang Boracay Island at Baguio City. Sa Oktubre 15 naman ay bubuksan na rin ang turismo sa

Ilocos Norte para sa mga magmumula sa Luzon. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Joan Nano)

Tourism Dept., may paalala sa mga magbabakasyon sa Boracay

Robie de Guzman   •   October 1, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Muli nang binuksan ngayong araw ang isla ng Boracay para sa mga turista matapos ang mahigit anim na buwang pagsasara bunsod ng coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.

Ibig sabihin, maaari nang bumisita sa isla ang mga nais mag-bakasyon. Ngunit paalala ng Department of Tourism (DOT), may mga requirement na kailangang sundin.

Batay sa ibinabang panuntunan ng DOT, ang mga magbabakasyon sa Boracay ay obligadong sumailalim sa RT-PCR test para sa COVID-19, at ipakita ang dokumentong nagpapatunay na negatibo sila sa virus dalawa hanggang tatlong araw bago ang petsa ng kanilang biyahe.

Habang hinihintay ang resulta ng test, dapat ding sumailalim sa quarantine ang pasahero hanggang sa araw ng kanilang biyahe.

Sinabi rin ni Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat na kailangang may kumpirmadong booking ang pasahero sa alinman sa 200 accredited hotels sa Boracay.

“Pwede ngang galing sa NCR at saka no age restrictions. Of course, ang importante pala, kailangan naka-book ka sa isang hotel. Lahat ng hotel doon dapat DOT-accredited hotel kasi ‘yon ay pumasa sa health and safety protocols ng DOT,” ang wika ni Romulo-Puyat.

Payo ng kalihim sa mga biyahero, alamin sa website ng DOT ang iba pang requirement bago sila magbiyahe upang maiwasan ang aberya.

Kasabay ng pagbubukas ng turismo sa isla ay ibinalik na rin ang biyahe ng mga eroplano patungong Boracay.

Dalawa hanggang tatlong flight schedules kada linggo ang inilaan ng Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific at Air Asia.

Ayon kay Michelle Lim, ang Corporate Communications Specialist ng Cebu Pacific Air, kakaunti lang ang bumiyahe pa-Boracay ngayong araw ngunit inaasahan na nila ito lalo’t marami ang nangangamba sa kanilang kaligtasan sa gitna ng pandemiya.

“The flight was about, it had about 10 percent of the seats occupied. The load kasi are building pa at the moment. In the next few weeks or months, as more people are inspired to travel as well and are assured that everything is safe and everything is all set for them, then it would encourage them to go out and travel,” ang pahayag ni Lim.

Paalala rin ng mga otoridad na mahigpit pa ring ipinatutupad ang health protocols gaya ng pagsusuot ng face mask at face shield, physical distancing at minimum contact upang maiwasan ang pagkalat ng COVID-19.

Nanawagan rin ang airline companies sa mga pasahero na alamin ang updated travel restrictions at regulations na inilalatag ng pamahalaan sa gitna ng nararanasang krisis. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Asher Cadapan Jr.)

Latest News

Gov’t forms COVID-19 Vaccine Immunization Team

October 30, 2020   •   7 hours ago

Manila LGU to open drive-through RFID installation

October 30, 2020   •   8 hours ago

NDRRMC braces for Typhoon Rolly

October 30, 2020   •   9 hours ago

Catch rare Blue Moon on Oct. 31

October 30, 2020   •   10 hours ago

PNP eyes lifestyle check on cops to stop corruption

October 30, 2020   •   11 hours ago

DA increases SRP on pork

October 30, 2020   •   11 hours ago

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.