Mga karanasan sa panahon ng Martial Law, muling sinariwa ni Pres. Aquino; Pamilya Marcos, tinuligsa
admin • February 25, 2016 • 7180
Si Pangulong Benigno Aquino III sa kanyang pagbibigay ng pananalita sa pagdiriwang ng ika-30 anibersaryo ng EDSA People Power Revolution. (Benhur Arcayan/ Malacañang Photo Bureau)
QUEZON CITY, Philippines — Sumentro ang talumpati ni Pangulong Benigno Aquino III sa paggunita sa ikatlong dekada ng EDSA People Power sa pagbatikos sa naging pamumuno noon ni dating Pangulong Ferdinand Marcos at sa pagpapatupad nito ng Martial Law.
“Hayagan kong sinasabi ngayon, bilang bahagi ng henerasyong pinagdusa ng diktadurya: Hindi golden age ang panahon ni Ginoong Marcos. Isa itong napakasakit na yugto ng ating kasaysayan…”
Binatikos rin ni Pangulong Noynoy Aquino si Senator Bongbong Marcos.
“Totoo nga naman po ang kasabihan: Ang kasalanan ng ama ay hindi dapat ipataw sa anak. Pero ang masakit: ‘Yun pong kadugo ng diktador, sa mahabang panahon ay puwede namang sinabing, “nagkamali ang aking ama” o “nagkamali kami; bigyan n’yo kami ng pagkakataong iwasto ito.” Pero isipin na lang po ninyo, ito ang tahasang naging pagsagot niya, “I am ready to say sorry if I knew what I have to be sorry for.”
Inihayag rin ni Pangulong Aquino sa kaniyang talumpati ang kaniyang panghihinayang sa hindi pagkakapasa ng Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) sa Kongreso.
Dito sinisi ng Pangulo si Senator Marcos sa pagkabinbin ng BBL.
“Talagang nanghihinayang ako, dahil ang tanging batas na maghahatid ng katarungan at kapayapaan, sadya pa po talagang hinarang. At di po ba: ang BBL, naipit sa Senado sa kumite para sa lokal na gobyerno, na pinamumunuan ni Senador Marcos? Di ba nung pinakahuling araw ng sesyon, tuloy pa rin ang pag-interpellate ni Senador Enrile?”
Ito na ang huling pagdalo ni Pangulong Aquino sa taunang programa sa paggunita sa EDSA People Power Revolution bilang pangulo ng bansa. (BRYAN DE PAZ / UNTV News)
The Duterte administration has been relentless in carrying out infrastructure projects under the Build, Build, Build program which is expected to decongest the traffic along E. delos Santos Avenue (EDSA).
This move is prompted by the fact that despite the policies being implemented by the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) to solve the traffic problem in Metro Manila, it seemed to have gotten worse due to the increasing volume of vehicles and the lack of discipline among motorists.
MMDA traffic chief, Col. Edison “Bong” Nebrija claims that “volume talaga ang problema natin [(vehicle) volume is the real problem]. I mean, hindi naman ito ganito noong summer na walang pasok hindi rin naman ganito to noong hindi tag-ulan. So we will be managing as it is kasi wala naman talaga kaming bagong polisiya [I mean, it wasn’t like this last summer when students were on vacation; it wasn’t also like this during the dry season when there is no rain. So we will be managing as it is as we don’t really have new policy].”
Based on original design, EDSA can only accommodate around 260,000 passing vehicles per day.
The latest MMDA information, however, showed that vehicles passing EDSA every day have already exceeded 400,000.
To date, travel speed along EDSA is at 19 kph, and traversing the whole stretch of the said national highway will take around two hours.
And to address this concern, alternative routes such as the Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 Project, NLEX- SLEX Connector and the C-5 South-link Expressway had been put into place.
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) said once the Skyway Stage 3 is completed, there will no longer be a need for the more than a thousand motorists to pass by the whole stretch of EDSA from Makati, Manila and Quezon City and vice versa.
The NLEX-SLEX Connector is also seen as a big help in curbing the volume of vehicles going to and from Manila, Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas, and Valenzuela.
Even the opening to C5-Southlink expressway is expected to somehow decongest EDSA as it will provide an alternative route to motorists in going to the southern portion of Metro Manila and back.
The MMDA estimated that around 100,000 vehicles will be reduced along EDSA once the projects are completed and become open to the public.
“Well, it will increase the length of our road networks. Alam naman natin na [We all know that] we are lacking 3,000 kms of road network. If that happens, it means almost 1/4 of the volume that we have. It’s almost two lanes ang mape- free up natin [will be freed]. That’s a big advantage to us,” Nebrija added. (from the report of Joan Nano) /mbmf
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) believes that the full implementation of the provincial bus ban along EDSA is a big help in easing the traffic in Metro Manila.
MMDA data shows around 6,500 buses pass thru the yellow lane along EDSA; 3,500 of which are provincial buses.
MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia admitted at Thursday’s Senate inquiry that the past dry run on provincial bus ban was a failure.
The yellow lane and failed dry run of provincial bus ban are now being blamed for the worsening traffic, particularly that of last week’s traffic situation.
To which Garcia took on the defense, saying: “Na-highlight lang ng media kasi nga palpak yung dry run, so sabi nga namin, palpak ang dry run dahil walang nakisali, siguro out of 100 operators, five lang (the dry run failed and media highlighted it. The dry run failed because no one cooperated. Let’s say, out of 100, only 5 joined [the dry run]).”
Garcia also denied allegations that they were experimenting with EDSA’s traffic situation, saying they were just implementing what was then the practice of the past administration.
Senate Committee on Public Services Chair, Senator Grace Poe, said there was lack of consultation on the MMDA’s part.
Poe said, “Imbes na i-ban ninyo agad, bakit hindi kayo kumuha ng mga inter modal terminals within strategic areas dun sa may EDSA kung tatanggalin ninyo ang 43 or 45 provincial terminals along EDSA [Instead of immediate banning, why didn’t you come up with inter-modal terminals within strategic areas on EDSA if you are going to remove 43 to 45 provincial terminals along EDSA]?”
Senate President Vicente Sotto III also proposed the implementation of an extensive No Parking Zone in Metro Manila.
“Ang talagang solusyon [The real solution} to decongest EDSA is no parking in Metro Manila,” Sotto said.
Sotto also hinted at transferring the government agencies outside of Metro Manila.
Meanwhile, the MMDA will wait for the result of the motion for reconsideration they filed regarding the Quezon City Regional Trial Court’s decision that suspends the provincial bus ban.
For now, MMDA said they will strictly implement the clearing operations in the alternate routes in Metro Manila. (with reports from Nel Maribojoc) /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) reminds motorists that the number coding scheme is lifted for Monday (August 12) which is a regular holiday in commemoration of the Muslim community’s Eid’l Adha.
“The Number Coding scheme is lifted for Monday, August 12, 2019,” the MMDA said on its official Twitter account.
Thus, vehicles with plate numbers ending in 1 and 2 will be allowed on EDSA and other major thoroughfares in Metro Manila throughout Monday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.