Mga aksidente at sobrang dami ng sasakyan, nagdulot ng matinding traffic sa Metro Manila
admin • August 4, 2014 • 9928
Ang bumper to bumper na sitwasyon ng trapiko sa EDSA nitong araw ng Lunes na bunga umano ng sunud-sunod ng aksidente ayon sa MMDA. (UNTV News)
MANILA, Philippines – Limang magkakahiwalay na aksidente ang naitala ng Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) sa mga pangunahing lansangan ng Metro Manila ngayong araw ng Lunes dahilan ng pagbigat ng daloy ng trapiko.
Alas kwatro ng umaga nitong Lunes, walong sasakyan ang naatrasan ng isang truck ng buhangin sa elevated U-turn slot sa south bound lane ng C-5.
Pasado alas-9 naman ng umaga nang masiraan sa southbound lane ng EDSA P. Tuazon ang isang SUV at isang taxi.
Banggaan naman ng isang kotse at delivery truck sa northbound lane ng EDSA Santolan ang lumikha ng mabigat na trapiko kaninang alas-10 ng umaga.
Pasado alas dyes ng umaga naman nang masiraan ang isang bus sa north bound lane ng EDSA Magallanes na nagdulot ng pagbibigat ng trapiko sa Pasay at Taft area.
Ayon sa MMDA, malaking volume ng mga sasakyan at sunod-sunod na aksidente ang naging dahilan ng mabigat na daloy ng trapiko nitong umaga ng Lunes. (UNTV News)
MANILA, Philippines — The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will push through with its plan to close the EDSA U-turn slot at General Malvar in Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City on Monday (January 11).
“The U-turn slot located along Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue in General Malvar / Bagong Barrio area shall be closed to vehicular traffic effective January 11, Monday, in line with the Department of Transportation’s EDSA Busway project,” the MMDA said in an advisory released last Friday.
With the closure of the said U-turn slot, motorists from northbound going southbound are advised to take the Monumento Circle or those coming from Quezon City may also take Balintawak Cloverleaf.
Since September 2020, the MMDA has so far closed six U-turn slots to give way to the government’s Busway Project.
For this project, the innermost lane of EDSA was designated as an exclusive lane for public utility buses (PUBs) traveling from Monumento, Caloocan City to SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, and vice versa. —/mbmf
MANILA, Philippines — Former Mandaluyong City mayor Benjamin “Benhur” Abalos Jr. has been named as the new chairman of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), replacing former chair Danilo Lim who passed away last week.
Senator Christopher “Bong” Go made the confirmation on the change in the MMDA leadership in a text message to the press on Sunday (January 10).
Go added that Abalos is expected to take his oath of office on Monday.
Malacañang has yet to make an official confirmation of Abalos’ appointment.
Abalos served as the mayor of Mandaluyong City from 1998 to 2004, and from 2007 to 2016. He also served as representative of Mandaluyong City from 2004 to 2007.
The former Mandaluyong Mayor’s father, Benjamin Sr., also served as MMDA chairman from 2001 to 2002.
The MMDA is mandated to plan, monitor, coordinate, and regulate the delivery of services in Metro Manila. —/mbmf
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.