Metro Manila mayors may push for 15-day extension of ECQ

Marje Pelayo   •   May 11, 2020   •   2028

MANILA, Philippines — The Metro Manila Council (MMC) has finalized their recommendations on whether to extend or lift the government-imposed enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the National Capital Region (NCR). 

After five hours of online discussion on Saturday (May 9), all Metro Manila mayors have agreed on three recommendations regarding the existing measure:

  • Two-week extension of ECQ from May 16 to 30
  • Downgrade ECQ to General Community Quarantine (GCQ)
  • Implement Modified Community Quarantine (MDQ) which allows LGUs to declare lockdowns in certain areas within their jurisdictions

The mayors stressed that these proposed measures are still subject to the approval of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Managing of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) while promising to abide by whatever the national government decides. MNP (with details from Joan Nano)

Metro Manila mayors to temporarily close cemeteries from Oct. 29 to Nov. 2

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 13, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—Metro Manila mayors will temporarily close public and private cemeteries from October 29 to November 2.

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairman Benhur Abalos said the Metro Manila Council (MMC) decided to adopt the resolution implemented last year to temporarily close cemeteries all over the metropolis for at least one week. This is to prevent mass gatherings and lessen the risk of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) spread.

MMDA Resolution No. 21-22, Series of 2021, cited that “as for the conduct of wakes, necrological services, funerals, interment, cremation, and inurnment during this five-day period, the prescribed guidelines by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases shall govern.”

“Filipinos can still physically visit the graves of their departed loved ones earlier than October 29 or later than November 2, subject to the prescribed thirty percent (30%) venue capacity,” Abalos said.

Abalos also added that face masks, face shields, and observance of physical distancing will be required. AAC

10 areas under MECQ from Sept. 8 to 30

Robie de Guzman   •   September 6, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Ten areas will shift to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) classification from Sept. 8 to 30, Malacañang announced Monday.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) approved the following areas to be placed under MECQ:

  • Apayao
  • Bataan
  • Bulacan
  • Cavite
  • Lucena City
  • Laguna
  • Rizal
  • Iloilo Province
  • Iloilo City
  • Cagayan de Oro City

Roque, who also serves as IATF spokesperson, said Metro Manila will be downgraded to general community quarantine (GCQ) from Sept. 8 to 30.

He said that during this period, a pilot testing of the granular lockdown will be implemented. Guidelines for pilot areas may be released on Monday or Tuesday.

Metro Manila was previously placed under MECQ from Aug. 21 to Sept. 7.

Meanwhile, the following areas will shift to GCQ with heightened restrictions:

  • Ilocos Sur
  • Ilocos Norte
  • Cagayan
  • Pangasinan
  • Quezon
  • Batangas
  • Naga City
  • Antique
  • Bacolod City
  • Capiz
  • Cebu Province
  • Lapu-Lapu City
  • Negros Oriental
  • Zamboanga del Sur
  • Misamis Oriental
  • Davao City
  • Davao del Norte
  • Davao de Oro
  • Davao Occidental
  • Butuan City

The following areas will be under GCQ:

  • Baguio City
  • Kalinga
  • Abra
  • Benguet
  • Dagupan City
  • Santiago City
  • Quirino
  • Nueva Vizcaya
  • Tarlac
  • Occidental Mindoro
  • Puerto Princesa
  • Aklan
  • Guimaras
  • Negros Occidental
  • Cebu City
  • Mandaue City
  • Zamboanga Sibugay
  • Zamboanga City
  • Zamboanga del Norte
  • Misamis Occidental
  • Iligan City
  • Davao Oriental
  • Davao del Sur
  • General Santos City
  • Sultan Kudarat
  • Sarangani
  • North Cotabato
  • South Cotabato
  • Agusan del Norte
  • Agusan del Sur
  • Dinagat Islands
  • Surigao del Norte
  • Surigao del Sur
  • Cotabato City
  • Lanao del Sur

The rest of the Philippines will be under MGCQ, Roque said.

Quezon City completes distribution of ECQ ‘ayuda 2’ to 2.3 million residents

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 30, 2021

The Quezon City government has completed the distribution of P2.48 billion financial assistance to its residents.

As of August 28, a total of 2,339,420 individuals or 747,520 families have claimed their P1,000 to P4,000 aid from different distribution centers in the city.

The local government reported that the aid distribution was completed five days earlier than the deadline set by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte said the city has also begun distribution of unclaimed ayuda. She reported that there are still 89,154 households that have yet to claim their financial aid.

According to Social Services Development Department (SSDD) head Fe Macale, the city had updated the beneficiary list to remove ineligible and duplicate names days before the ayuda distribution.

“Kaya naging mabilis at maayos ang distribution natin ngayon kasi malinis na ang listahan natin. Inayos natin ito para ma-update ang listahan at mabigyan ang mga residenteng nararapat talagang mabigyan ng ayuda (The distribution has been fast and orderly because our list is organized. We updated the list to make sure eligible residents will receive aid),” she said.

Beneficiaries who have yet to get their ECQ ayuda 2 are advised to monitor the QC government Facebook page and website for further announcements.

Meanwhile, a grievance and appeals committee was stationed in payout sites to address the complaints of constituents regarding financial aid.

Kapag may natitira pang pondo pagkatapos nating maibigay ‘yung ayuda para sa mga unclaimed (should there be excess in the funds after the distribution for the unclaimed has been released), residents who filed grievances or complaints will now be subject for payout,” Macale added. AAC

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.