Mayor Isko dismisses MTPB enforcer for negotiating with erring bus driver

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 7, 2019   •   951

Manila Mayor Isko Moreno

Manila Mayor Isko Moreno has dismissed a Manila Traffic and Parking Bureau (MTPB) enforcer for trying to negotiate with an erring bus driver.

The said driver had no license and his bus was illegally loading passengers around the Lawton area.

According to the enforcer, he only wanted to help the driver.

Mayor Isko doubted his excuse and immediately relieved the enforcer from his duties.

“Pahinga na iyan. Ayaw niyo magtino. Kunin niyo iyong ticket niyan (He has to take a leave. You don’t want to work ethically? Retrieve his ticket),” he said. “Saan kayo nakakita, aregluhan ng lisensiya sa loob ng bus? Ang lisensiya mo nasa city hall (where in the world did you see a settlement of apprehension being done inside a bus? Your license is at the city hall),”—AAC (with reports from Roderic Mendoza)

Manila Traffic Bureau calls ‘fake news’ on netizen complaint

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 19, 2019

MTPB trainee Roderick Perez

The Manila Traffic and Parking Bureau (MTPB) has called ‘fake news’ on a netizen complaining about an MTPB enforcer over an alleged extortion incident.

Based on the investigation conducted by the MTPB, the said netizen was spreading false information against MTPB trainee Roderick Perez.

The netizen posted on Facebook that Perez flagged them down for supposedly swerving. The enforcer allegedly refused to return the driver’s license unless they give him P2,000.

However, MTPB information officer Angelo Navas said Perez is a trainee and therefore, cannot issue tickets to erring motorists.

“Wala pong katotohanan ang kaniyang post. Ang naturang traffic enforcer ay trainee lamang sa Sector 6 at wala po siyang paniket. Bago pa lang po siya, (There is no truth to her post. The said traffic enforcer is only a trainee in Sector 6 and cannot issue tickets. He is a newbie),” Navas said.

Based on the report, Perez speculates that the netizen may have really shelled out P2,000 in exchange for a citation ticket when she was flagged down due to a traffic violation on September 15 in Sta. Mesa, Manila.

Perez added that perhaps the netizen wanted to get even with the enforcer who extorted money from her so she returned the next day and “indiscriminately” took pictures of MTPB enforcers in the area, unwittingly capturing Perez’ image which eventually ended up on social media.

According to Perez, he was shunned by his family because of the false information spreading on Facebook.

“Posting my pictures [on] Facebook and making unsavory remarks [while] not being sure of the identity is most unfair[…] it damaged my reputation not only to our institution but to my family as well,” Perez said in a statement.

The MTPB information office is calling out the the netizen to coordinate with their office about the incident. They are also reminding the public not to spread false information on social media.—AAC

Clearing operations, not competition among local chief execs – Mayor Isko

Maris Federez   •   September 18, 2019

Manila City Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso

In just a little over a week, the 60-day period that the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has set for the local chief executives to clean the streets of Metro Manila will come to an end.

But Manila mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso has admitted that they have a long way to go to completely clean the streets of the almost 900 barangays in the city.

“I’m not doing it for my fellow mayors, I’m doing it for the people of Manila,” he said.

Mayor Isko, however, stated that he is happy with the accomplishments of other cities in Metro Manila that have completed clearing their streets of obstructions.

 “I’m happy for them but this is not a competition among mayors,” he added.

The DILG, however, that no Metro Manila cities had been 100% compliant in clearing the streets.

Moreno admitted that several areas in Manila, such as Quiapo and Tondo, remain a big problem for him.

But he assured that he will not waver from his resolve.

“Whether mameet namin o hindi naman namin mameet, it doesn’t matter because we will continue.”

Moreno pointed to the lack of governance caused the return of the obstructions in some areas in Manila in the past.

The local chief executive, however, warned that he will file charges against the barangay officials who will fail to accomplish their tasks and submit the inventories of their areas of concern. (from the report of Harlene Delgado) /mbmf

Mayor Isko threatens closure of malls, establishments selling stolen mobile phones

Marje Pelayo   •   September 16, 2019

Stolen smart phones being sold at some commercial establishments in Manila

MANILA, Philippines – Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso has warned malls and commercial establishments across the city not to sell stolen cellular phones.

This, after about 148 units of alleged stolen phones were confiscated by the Manila Police District – Special Mayor’s Reaction Team at two known malls in the city.

The Mayor presented before the media on Monday (September 16) five suspects who were arrested in the act of buying and selling alleged second hand but stolen cellphones.

Domagoso said such an act is a violation of Presidential Decree No. 1612 or the Anti-Fencing Law.

“Tigilan ninyo na ang pagtitinda ng mga nakaw na bagay (Stop selling stolen items),” he warned.

“Huwag ninyong sasabihin sa amin na hindi ninyo alam (Don’t tell us that you are not aware of it),” he added.

The official has given the management of Tutuban Center Mall and Isetann Recto Mall three days to check on stall owners and seek legal permits for the used items they are selling.

Otherwise, they will be asked to close down, Domagoso warned.

Earlier, the management of Tutuban Center Mall immediately heeded to Domagoso’s order.

He also calls on consumers to stop patronizing stolen items.

He said theft is one of the common problems among minors, such as the case of a teen who was nabbed for snatching cellphones and is now under the custody of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Manila office.

“Ayaw kong may iiyak na namang nanay, may iiyak na namang tatay, dahil nasaksak ‘yung anak niya, namatay ‘yung anak niya dahil inagawan ng cellphone (I don’t want to hear another mother or father grieving for their child who died because someone snatched their cellphone),” the Mayor noted.

The Manila Police has launched a manhunt for alias “Bebeng” who is said to be the receiver or seller of the snatched mobile phones.

Meanwhile, Domagoso has ordered the city’s Business Permits and Licensing Office to inspect all malls across Manila to determine and report those who sell snatched mobile phones. – MNP (with details from Harlene Delgado)

Latest News

7 Filipinos safe from massive fire in Maldives

September 23, 2019   •   8 hours ago

Classes, gov’t work only ‘til 2 p.m. on Sept. 23

September 23, 2019   •   9 hours ago

6 boxes of liquid marijuana seized at NAIA

September 23, 2019   •   9 hours ago

ASOP Year 8 Grand Finale nears

September 21, 2019   •   3 days ago

DOH confirms second polio case in Philippines

September 20, 2019   •   3 days ago

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+63) 396-8688 (Tel)

(+63) 2 920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+63) 396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+63) 2 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.