Maute group possibly behind Roxas Blvd bomb scare

admin   •   November 29, 2016   •   2700

File photo.

File photo.

 

An improvised explosive device (IED) was found by authorities inside a garbage bin, 100 meters away from the U.S. Embassy along Roxas Boulevard on Monday.

According to a street sweeper who found the planted explosive, a bag containing the IED was thrown out of a taxi.

When the bomb squad inspected the bag, they found various materials used in making explosives, such as an 81-millimeter mortar, 9-volt battery, cellphone, switch device and a blasting cap.

Based on initial findings of the Philippine National Police (PNP), the said IED is similar to the bomb used in the Davao night market blast in November.

Authorities suspect that the said bomb could be from the Maute group or the Tukboi Magid group because of the terrorist groups’ similar style.

“The central Mindanao terrorists are two: the Maute group of Lanao and the Tukboi Magid group of Saranggani province,” said PNP Chief Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa.

The PNP added that it is possibly a way for the rebel groups to divert the current military operations from central Mindanao.

At present, the PNP is on a full alert status but authorities say that the public has nothing to worry about. — Joan Nano|UNTV News and Rescue

Cops infected with COVID-19 now over 1,000 – PNP

Robie de Guzman   •   July 10, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The number of police officers who have tested positive for novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has climbed to 1,006, figures from the Philippine National Police (PNP) showed.

The PNP Health Service said 25 additional infections have been reported but there were no new deaths so the total fatalities remains at nine.

A total of 455 cops have recovered from the viral respiratory disease.

The PNP Health Service said it is also monitoring 651 probable cases and 1,252 suspected cases of COVID-19.

The Philippines has so far recorded a total of 51,745 COVID-19 infections, with 12,813 recovered patients and 1,314 fatalities. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

9 cops probed for Jolo shooting under restrictive custody in Camp Crame

Aileen Cerrudo   •   July 8, 2020

Nine policemen tagged in the shooting of four soldiers in Jolo, Sulu on June 29 are now under restrictive custody at Camp Crame, according to the Philippine National Police (PNP).

The PNP identified the policemen as Police Senior Master Sergeant Abdelzhimar Padjiri; Police Master Sergeant Hanie Baddiri; Police Staff Sergeant Iskandar  Susulan;  Police Staff Sergeant Ernisar Sappal; Police Corporal Sulki Andaki; Patrolman Moh. Nur  Pasani; Police Staff Sergeant Almudzrin  Hadjaruddin; Patrolman Alkajal  Mandangan and Patrolman Rajiv Putalan.

The policemen were transferred to Camp Crame after the second test result for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) of one of the cops turned out negative. His first COVID-19 rapid test last Friday (July 3) was positive.

According to the PNP Spokesperson PBGen. Bernard Banac, the nine non-commissioned police officers will be available for inquiry at Camp Crame while the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) conducts further investigation on the shooting incident.

“Anytime na lumabas ang resulta ng imbestigasyon ng NBI ay kailangan na sumailaim sila sa proseso. So kung ito man ay nangangahulugan ng pagsasampa ng kaso ay nariyan agad sila para sumailalim sa proseso, (Anytime the NBI investigation result is released, they need to undergo the process. So if it means filing of cases, they will be present to go through the process),” he said.

Meanwhile, PNP Chief PGen. Archie Gamboa urges the nine cops to cooperate with the NBI on the investigation.

“We should participate and we should cooperate fully with the NBI kasi kung ang ginawa niyo naman tama then wala kayong worry pero siyempre kapag mali then mananagot talaga kayo, (if you have done the right thing, then there is nothing to worry about but of course, if you are wrong then you will be held accountable),” he said. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Two cops arrested for extorting money from tricycle drivers in Bulacan

Aileen Cerrudo   •   July 7, 2020

The Philippine National Police-Integrity Monitoring and Enforcement Group (PNP-IMEG) on Monday (July 6) arrested two policemen for extorting money from tricycle drivers in Bulacan.

PNP-IMEG Spokesperson PCapt. Mae Ann Cunanan said the agency has been receiving numerous reports since 2019 against two policemen and two civilians extorting from motorists.

Based on reports, the cops would demand payment from motorists in exchange for redeeming their licenses instead of only issuing a citation ticket.

“Kapag hinuhuli nila iyong mga traffic violators, mga tricycle drivers ay hindi nila ini-issue ang ticket. Instead, kinukuha nila iyong pera kapalit nito iyong pagtanggal na sa kanilang violation, (When they apprehend traffic violators and tricycle drivers, they will not issue a ticket. They would take money instead in exchange for removing the violation),” she said.

Cunanan identified the two policemen as PSMgt. Vic Godwin and Pat. Jay Mark Tuazon who are assigned in Malolos City Police Community Precinct 5. The two civilians who served as their middlemen were identified as Wendell Mendoza and Kenneth Villena.

The suspects will be charged with robbery extortion while the two policemen will have additional administrative cases and grave misconduct. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.