Marcos, hindi pa sinagot ang petisyon na kanselahin ang kanyang COC — Atty. Te

Maris Federez   •   November 18, 2021   •   158

MANILA, Philippines — Hindi pa umano sinagot ng kampo ni presidential aspirant Ferdinand Bongbong Marcos, Jr. ang summons ng Commission on Elections (Comelec) kaugnay sa inihaing petisyon para kanselahin ang kanyang certificate of candidacy (COC).

Batay sa direktiba ng Comelec, may limang araw lamang si Marcos para sagutin ang petisyon na layong kanselahin ang kanyang COC.

Ibig sabihin, noong isang araw dapat ay nakapagsumite na ng sagot o posisyon ang kanyang kampo.

Subalit, ayon kay Dating Supreme Court Spokesperson Atty. Theodore Te, legal counsel ng mga petitioner, noong November 15 ay nakatanggap sila ng motion for extension of time na hiniling ng kampo ni Marcos para sagutin ang reklamo.

Tinutulan naman ito ng mga petitioner at ipinaalala sa Comelec na sundin ang direktibang ipinalabas nito.

Mangangahulugan anila na pagbabalewala ng Comelec sa sarili nitong mga panuntunan at pag-abuso sa kanilang kapangyarihan.

“Petitioners reminded the Comelec that the consequence of granting respondent’s motion for more time would be for the Comelec to flout its own rules, which the Supreme Court had already ruled its previous instances as grave abuse of discretion,” ayon kay Te. —/mbmf (mula sa ulat ni UNTV Correspondent Dante Amento)

Comelec to hold nationwide mock elections before year ends

Maris Federez   •   November 30, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) is set to conduct a nationwide mock election on December 29, 2021 as part of the poll body’s preparations for the 2022 national and local elections.

According to Comelec Deputy Executive Director for Operations Atty. Teopisto Elnas, Jr., mock elections will be done in Metro Manila and six other provinces.

In Luzon, it shall be conducted in the provinces of Isabela and Albay. In the Visayas, it shall be held in the Negros Oriental and Leyte; while in Mindanao, the mock elections will be conducted in Davao del Sur.

In Metro Manila, the selected cities for the mock elections are Pateros, Taguig, and Pasay; while in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, it will be conducted in Maguindanao province.

In total, the mock elections will be done in 34 barangays nationwide and will target 4,800 registered voters.

Comelec spokesperson, Director James Jimenez, said the commission will meet with the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) on December 4.

“To discuss the security preparations for the mock elections. Medyo ano kasi malaki yong mock elections, the mock elections will involve real voters and a real board of election inspectors. So there is a lot of concern about safety and security,” he said.

Jimenez added that the IATF is welcome to give its inputs on how the mock elections must be done.

“Hindi pa kasi final we’re just starting to prepare for it but it will be nationwide so that’s mean that it will have a location in Luzon, Visayas,and Mindanao,” Jimenez said. —/mbmf

Comelec targets to release resolution on disqualification case vs Marcos before Dec. 15

Maris Federez   •   November 26, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) announced that it has concluded the preliminary conference on a petition that called for the cancellation of the certificate of candidacy of presidential aspirant Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos, Jr. Friday afternoon.

Comelec spokesperson Director James Jimenez said the poll body targets to release the resolution of the case before December 15.

Jimenez said the preliminary conference was conducted swiftly and each side of the petitioner and the respondent was given the opportunity to submit amendments or change their submitted argument or position.

“Ang pinaka general area na pinag-usapan ay, number one, yung statement of the issue in which both parties are given the opportunity to say ano yung formulation nung issue according to their own opinion based on their own appreciation of the case and then amendments and stipulations,” Jimenez said.

Based on the processes done on cancellation cases, the next step will be the submission of a memorandum or position of both parties in the case.

Jimenez, however, said that this will not yet happen as the poll body has to resolve two other pending issues first, such as the petition for intervention filed by the group of Atty. Howard Calleja, and the motion filed by the Marcos camp that seeks for the conduct of face-to-face oral arguments on the case.

“After the incidents are resolved then the Comelec will say how long it will give the parties to submit their respective memoranda,” Jimenez explained.

Jimenez, however, said the Second Division led by Commissioners Antonio Kho and Socorro Inting may possibly complete their resolution on the case before the release of the final list of candidates on December 15. —/mbmf (from the report of UNTV Correspondent Dante Amento)

Comelec releases disclaimer notice on 1 VOTE PH/ONE VOTE PH

Maris Federez   •   November 25, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Thursday (November 25) released a disclaimer notice on 1 VOTE PH/ONE VOTE PH that claimed to be affiliated with the poll body.

“Please note that the Commission on Elections (Comelec) and the Office for Overseas Voting (OFOV) are not in any way connected or affiliated with 1 VOTE PH, and that it is not an accredited citizens’ arm or civil society partner of the Comelec,” the poll body warned in a statement.

Comelec said 1 VOTE PH/ONE VOTE PH has been introducing itself as a non-profit/community organization on Facebook and in email blasts to various government agencies.

The poll body also said the group was claiming that it has a “nationwide campaign for educating the public regarding voter registration, voting, electoral reform and other issues concerning our rights to vote and about the general election.”

“The group also recently announced that they will be setting up its ‘Main Command Center’ with ‘Hotline Numbers and Toll-Free Numbers’ for local overseas Filipino voters,” Comelec added.

“Kindly disregard and/or treat with caution all communications from 1 VOTE PH purporting or claiming to be undertaken with the knowledge or consent of, or in partnership or cooperation with the Comelec,” the poll body advised the public.

In addition to 1 VOTE PH / ONE VOTE PH, the group also goes by the following names/aliases on Facebook:

  • One Vote PH Volunteers
  • Magpa Rehistro Ka
  • Keystrat Campaign Hub or Key Strategy Campaign Hub Co.
  • Keynote Leaders or “I Trust Keynote Leaders”
  • One Philippines or “I Trust One Philippines”
  • Poll Watchers PH
  • Bantay Boto PH or “I Trust Bantay Boto PH”
  • Election 2022 or “I Trust Election 2022”
  • Halalan 2022 or “I Trust Halalan 2022”
  • Vote Philippines 2022
  • Boto Pilipinas 2022
  • Philippine Business Club or Philippine Business Club Worldwide
  • Astig Kabataan Pinoy – Youth Voters

The Commission on Elections further advised overseas Filipinos to take extra precautions in their dealings with organizations claiming to be the agency’s partners.

The poll body further instructed the public to contact the Office for Overseas Voting (OFOV) through the following official communication channels, in case they are in doubt:

  • Facebook page: https://facebook.com/overseasvotingph
  • Email address: overseasvoting@comelec.gov.ph

 

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.