Manila Mayor Isko Moreno to join 2022 presidential race

UNTV News   •   September 22, 2021   •   240

(L-R) Manila Mayor Isko Moreno and Dr. Willie Ong

MANILA, Philippines — Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso’s camp announced Tuesday night that he will be running for president in the 2022 national elections.

This was confirmed by Manila Public Information Office chief Julius Leonen.

The Manila PIO chief also said that former senatorial candidate Willie Ong will be Mayor Isko’s running mate.

Moreno had previously said he would announce his plans for the elections after confirming that he had a meeting with Vice President Leni Robredo and Senator Manny Pacquiao.

Mayor Isko is the president of Aksyon Demokratiko political party.

Go, Domagoso express willingness to undergo drug test anew

Maris Federez   •   November 22, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines — Presidential aspirants Senator Christopher ‘Bong’ Go and Manila Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso signified their willingness anew to undergo drug testing following the move of Senator Panfilo Lacson and Senate President Vicente Sotto III.

Manila City Public Information Office chief Julius Leonen said Mayor Isko has always been willing to undergo voluntary drug testing.

“Ready po siya any time. Pero priority niya muna ang constituent niya,” Leonen said.

In earlier interviews, Mayor Isko has already signified his willingness to do so.

“Kasi if a president will fight against drugs as a matter of policy, then dapat talaga kami rin. Ako, I don’t mind. Anytime mas maganda nga ahensya ng gobyerno,” Domagoso said.

Senator Go, meanwhile, reiterated that, although it is not mandatory, he is willing to undergo drug testing any time of the day.

“Ako naman po willing magpa-drug test anytime of the day. Anytime po kung kakailanganin,” Go said.

“Though hindi mandatory, pero just to prove lang po sa Pilipino kung sino yung fit na mamuno sa ating bansa ay willing po akong magpa-drug test, any time of the day po,” he added.

Presidential candidate Leody de Guzman, on the other hand, said he will not fall for the gimmickry of the Lacson-Sotto tandem.

He, however, said that he will have a change of heart should the Commission on Elections make it mandatory, but warned that such might infringe the Constitution and violate human rights.

“Hindi kami mahuhulog sa klase ng gimik na ginagawa ng tambalang Lacson-Sotto. Pero tulad ng sabi ko rin dati, kung gawing mandatory ng Comelec ang drug test, susunod ako bilang kandidato,” De Guzman said.

“Ngunit, nais ko silang paalalahanan na maaari itong paglabag sa Konstitusyon na magbubukas sa marami pang paglabag sa mga karapatang pantao,” he added.

Although other 2022 national elections presidential aspirants, Senator Manny Pacquiao and Vice President Leni Robredo have stated, in past interviews, that they are willing to undergo drug testing, they have yet to give their statement on this development.

Former Senator Bongbong Marcos has also not given his statement on the matter, although his camp has earlier stated that they do not feel being alluded to by President Duterte when he talked about a certain presidential aspirant who was using cocaine. /mbmf (from the report of UNTV Correspondent Nel Maribojoc)

Dizon denies involvement in Isko Moreno’s campaign team

Robie de Guzman   •   November 18, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Testing czar Vince Dizon on Thursday denied claims he is part of the campaign team for a certain political candidate.

Dizon issued the statement after Lito Banayo, the chief campaign strategist of Mayor Isko, earlier said that Dizon has joined their team as deputy campaign manager and head of statistical research.

Earlier in the day, Malacañang also issued a statement denying Banayo’s claims.

“I confirm the statement of Cabinet Secretary and acting presidential spokesperson Karlo Nograles that I am not involved in any political campaign,” Dizon said.

“My focus is on the national government’s overall COVID-19 response and recovery, including the country’s vaccination program,” he added.

Dizon is also deputy chief implementer of the National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19. He formerly served as president of the Bases Conversion and Development Authority but he quit the post last October.

Palace denies claims Vince Dizon joined Isko Moreno’s campaign team

Robie de Guzman   •   November 18, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang on Thursday denied claims that Cabinet member, Secretary Vince Dizon has joined the campaign team of presidential hopeful Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso.

“There is no truth to the reports circulating that Secretary Vivencio ‘Vince’ Dizon allegedly joined the campaign team of a presidential aspirant,” Presidential Spokesperson Karlo Nograles said in a statement.

Nograles issued the statement after Lito Banayo, the chief campaign strategist of Mayor Isko, on Wednesday said that Dizon has joined their team as deputy campaign manager and head of statistical research.

Dizon serves as testing czar and deputy chief implementer of the National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19.

“Sec. Dizon remains a working member of the Cabinet of the Duterte Administration as Presidential Adviser for COVID-19 response,” Nograles said.

“Sec. Dizon is focused on the vaccination efforts of government, and not with any political campaign,” he added.

Dizon formerly served as president of the Bases Conversion and Development Authority but he quit the post last October.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.