Manila gov’t to file raps vs SUV driver who dragged traffic law enforcer

Robie de Guzman   •   November 17, 2019   •   796

MANILA, Philippines – Local authorities of the Philippine capital will be filing charges against an SUV driver who dragged a traffic law enforcer holding on to his vehicle along Laong-Laan in Sta. Cruz when apprehended for disregarding lane marking.

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso scolded the errant driver, identified as Orlando Ricardo Jr., 54, who was put behind bars after he was nabbed following the incident.

Reports said that a Manila Traffic and Parking Bureau (MTPB) enforcer named Adrian Lim was left injured after he held onto Ricardo’s vehicle along the streets of Samploc and Sta. Cruz in Manila on Saturday.

CCTV footage showed Lim hanging onto a speeding and swerving gray SUV until he fell off near Laong-Laan road. He was brought to a hospital by responding first aid providers from the Philippine Red Cross.

Ricardo was apprehended by authorities along Oroquieta and Tayuman streets.

Mayor Isko said the driver had “criminal intent” to harm the traffic law enforcer.

“May criminal intent. Nakita ko (sa CCTV footage) winawasiwas niya,” he said.

“Mas mahal pa ibabayad niya sa abogado niya. Pero sa P500 kaya niyang pumatay ng isang enforcer,” Domagoso said referring to the penalty of a traffic law violation committed by Ricardo.

Meanwhile, Mayor Isko commended Lim’s dedication to his job.

The victim, who sustained several injuries, has been discharged from the hospital after undergoing medical examination.

Ricardo, who is currently detained at the Manila Police District Station 3, has denied allegations he also punched Lim, and that he was in possession of a gun during the incident.

Manila City to construct three new housing projects for informal settlers

Aileen Cerrudo   •   July 16, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—The Manila City Government is set to construct three new housing projects to continue to address the plight of informal settlers.

Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso on Thursday (July 15) said the housing projects will be constructed in San Sebastian, San Lazaro, and Pedro Gil areas. According to Domagoso, the San Sebastian Residences, San Lazaro Residences, and Pedro Gil Residences will be a 20-storey high building with 300 units each and health center based on the ground floor.

“If Singapore did it, Manila can do it. Ang mga pinatayo nating bahay ang magbabalik ng dignidad sa buhay ng mga Manilenyo (The housing we have constructed will bring back the dignity in the lives of Manileños). There will be an opportunity for them,” he said.

Domagoso previously led the inauguration of the 42-square meters two-storey townhouse unit called BaseCommunity last July 5. The unit includes two bedrooms, one living room, one kitchen, one laundry area, one toilet and bath area.

According to the Manila Public Information Office (MPIO), the future housing projects is on top of the ongoing construction of city government’s flagship housing projects called Tondominium 1, Tondonminium 2, and Binondominium. All of which are now more than 50% complete. AAC

Mayor Isko orders probe vs. nurse involved in illegal sale of COVID-19 vaccine

Marje Pelayo   •   July 3, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Manila City Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso has ordered the management of Gat Andres Bonifacio Memorial Medical Center (GABMMC) to file administrative charges against a nurse tagged in the unlawful sale of COVID-19 vaccines.

The nurse, identified as Alexis Francisco De Guzman, was arrested during an entrapment operation conducted by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in Quezon City.

Domagoso met with the hospital chief Dr. Ted Martin on Friday (July 2) and ordered him to file appropriate charges against De Guzman.

The Mayor stressed that the Manila City government’s supply of COVID-19 vaccines are “strictly regulated” and “highly controlled” by the Manila Health Department (MHD).

Based on investigation by the local government, those COVID-19 vaccines sold by De Guzman were not sourced from the inventory of the MHD.

Dr. Martin in a statement said that “such unlawful acts of Mr De Guzman have no place in the City of Manila and this institution.”

“While it is truly unfortunate that one of our own was involved in such illegal activities, this hospital and its management do not condone the acts of Mr. De Guzman,” he said.

“His actions have placed the name of this institution in a bad light and we are very willing to cooperate with any investigating authority regarding such matter,” he added.

Dr. Martin also noted that De Guzman has never been involved nor transacted with the hospital’s Pharmacy Section regarding the transport, handling and administration of COVID-19 vaccines.

Domagoso reminded the public that sale of COVID-19 vaccines for gain or profit is strictly banned in the city.

City Ordinance No. 8740 signed by Domagoso protects the general public from any person who will take advantage of the pandemic by unlawfully selling COVID-19 vaccines.

Mega COVID-19 field hospital sa Maynila, binuksan na

Robie de Guzman   •   June 25, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Handa nang tumanggap ng mga pasyenteng may COVID-19 ang bagong tayong Mega COVID-19 field hospital sa lungsod ng Maynila.

Nagsimula na ang operasyon nito noong Huwebes, Hunyo 24, kaya inaasahang mas luluwag pa ang mga ospital para sa COVID-19 patients na may mild at non-severe symptoms sa Maynila.

Kaya nitong mag-accommodate ng mahigit sa 300 pasyente. Mayroon itong embedded oxygen system, dormitoryo para sa mga health workers, administration at communication office.

Hiwalay ang comfort rooms ng mga pasyente sa healthcare workers, may automatic power system, may sariling generator, maayos ang waste water management at may intercom din para sa bawat pasyente.

Ayon sa lokal na pamahalaan ng Maynila, nasa 200 medical frontliners ang itatalaga sa field hospital.

Bukas ito hindi lamang para sa mga taga-Maynila kundi maging sa mga residente ng ibang lungsod at iba pang probinsya sa Luzon.

Ayon pa kay Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso, walang dapat ipag-alala ang mga pasyenteng dadalhin sa naturang COVID-19 field hospital dahil wala silang anumang babayaran sa kanilang pagpapagamot dito.

Ibinalita rin ni Domagoso na bumaba na sa walong porsiyento ang occupancy rate sa mga ospital sa lungsod dahil sa unti-unting pagbaba ng COVID-19 cases sa NCR Plus.

“Ang pangarap natin maging COVID-19-free yung hospital para bumalik na yung tao na magpa-check up kase hindi naman number one sa death toll ang COVID eh, number 4 pa rin siya,” ani Domagoso.

“Paano magpapa-check up yung mga tao may COVID sa ospital eh. So if they will hear na some of our hospitals are covid-free because hinigop namin sila, dito na naka-concentrate na lang ang covid, gagaan ang takbo ng mga ospital,” dagdag pa niya.

Naitayo ang COVID-19 field hospital sa loob lamang ng 52 araw at aabot sa P154 milyon ang pondong inilaan para sa konstruksyon nito. –RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Janice Ingente)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.