Manila City opens second free COVID-19 swab testing laboratory
Aileen Cerrudo • September 29, 2020 • 152
The Manila City Government opened its second swab testing laboratory on Tuesday (September 29).
The Sta. Ana Hospital’s second swab testing laboratory is capable of processing 1,000 tests a day, according to Manila City Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso. He also said market vendors will be among those to be prioritized for mass swab testing.
BREAKING: Isko Moreno opens Sta. Ana Hospital’s swab test lab capable of 1,000 tests a dayTo strengthen the capital…
The Manila mayor added that the testing laboratory will also be free for non-Manila residents. The Sta. Ana Hospital will be able to process about 30,000 tests a month for the City of Manila. AAC (with reports from Dante Amento)
The Manila City government has opened its 14th quarantine facility at the Pamantasang Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM).
The local government launched the facility on Thursday (October 22). Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso said this is the biggest coronavirus disease (COVID-19) quarantine facility built by the local government so far, with 66-bed capacity.
“Through experience, nag-i-innovate na nag-i-inovate ang facility at nagiging safe na safe sa medical frontliners and to the patients at mas nagiging komportable, (we are continuously innovating the facility and it is becoming safer and comfortable for medical frontliners and for the patients),” he said.
Domagoso also emphasized the importance of free mass testing and construction of quarantine facilities, saying that these measures would be the most effective way to detect COVID-19.
He encouraged the public to avail free COVID-19 mass testing offered by the city government through walk-in centers and drive-through sites. AAC
MANILA, Philippines — The grand procession of Manila’s annual ‘Traslacion’ set for January 9, 2021 will no longer push through due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
The Manila City government and administrators of the Quiapo Church have agreed to cancel the procession for the first time to ensure that public health protocols will be implemented on the day of the event.
The annual Traslacion is highlighted by a gathering of millions of barefoot devotees lining up to join the procession of the Catholic image of the Black Nazarene from the Quirino Grandstand in Luneta to the Quiapo Church in Manila.
“Nakikisuyo po ako, iwasan po muna natin ang mga parada at prusisyon ngayong may pandemya dulot ng sakit na COVID-19. Maaari pong mapahamak ang ating mga deboto, mailagay sila sa alanganin,” Manila City Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso said, noting that public health protocols must prevail over religious traditions as COVID-19 remains a threat to the nation’s capital.
[I ask that we refrain from holding parades and processions during the pandemic caused by COVID-19. Devotees might get sick and their lives placed in danger.]
“Maging conservative po tayo sa paggunita ng mga prusisyon. There are things that we cannot control pero pwede maiwasan. Kung libo-libo ang pupunta sa prusisyon, isa lang sa kanila ang maimpeksyon, tapos magkakadikit-dikit pa sila, pinagpapawisan, nagkakalat na droplets ng laway, delikado po iyan,” he added.
[Let us be conservative in observing the procession. There are things that we cannot control but we can prevent. If thousands of people will join the procession, it only takes one infected person in the middle of a tightly packed, sweaty crowd— with saliva droplets all over the place—for things to take a dangerous turn.]
Meanwhile, Quiapo Church rector Monsignor Hernando Coronel said that more masses will be held for the image’s devotees while stressing that the public must adhere to the health protocols set by the government.
“Yung physical distancing, kailangan naka-faceshield, naka-face mask, kasama ang regular monitoring ng body temperature, lahat ‘yun susundin natin. Hindi lamang ito sa loob ng simbahan, pati na rin sa labas,” Coronel said.
[Physical distancing, wearing of face shield, face mask, along with regular monitoring of temperature — all of these will be implemented. Not only inside the chapel but even outside.]
The Manila City Government has banned the use of karaoke and videoke machines from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., from Monday to Friday.
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso announced that has he signed the ordinance together with Vice Mayor Honey Lacuna-Pangan and Majority Floor Leader Joel Chua. This was after receiving complaints from parents that their children were “disturbed by neighbors using karaoke machines” during online classes.
The ordinance states first-time offenders will be penalized with a P1,000 fine, while second-time offenders will be fined P2,000. Meanwhile, there will be a P3,000 fine for the third and succeeding offenses.
“All barangay officials and police officers are hereby tasked to implement this ordinance. This ordinance shall take effect immediately upon its approval,” the ordinance read. AAC
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.