Manila City arrests parents of young quarantine violators

Aileen Cerrudo   •   July 17, 2020   •   661

The Manila Police Officers arrested 34 parents of minors who reportedly violated quarantine protocols.

According to the Manila Public Information Office (MPIO), the said minors violated curfew. The arrested parents will be facing charges in violation of City Ordinance No. 8243 or the Anti-Child Endangerment Act.

NEWS ALERT: MPD arrests 34 ‘irresponsible’ parentsManila police officers have arrested 34 parents of minors who have…

Posted by Manila Public Information Office on Thursday, July 16, 2020

Manila City Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso previously warned parents not to neglect their children and to discipline them especially during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.

He also reiterated that the local government is serious in implementing its policies, and stressed that they would be forced to intervene if parents are found guilty of neglecting their children.

“We’re not happy about it. I am not happy. I don’t want to separate children and parents. But I will do that if you’re irresponsible parents,” the Mayor said. “I will intervene as government to take care of our children or minors. That is also the job of the government, to intervene.” AAC

Facility-based isolation for asymptomatic, mild COVID-19 cases now mandatory

Marje Pelayo   •   September 25, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) is now requiring facility-based isolation for confirmed asymptomatic and mild coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases through IATF Resolution 74.

The new policy however, exempts patients who are considered vulnerable or having comorbidities and their home meets the conditions specified in the Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Joint Administrative Order 2020-0001. 

Likewise, another exception is when the Ligtas COVID-19 Centers within the region are fully occupied and the local government unit does not have sufficient isolation facilities.

Manila launches Ospital ng Tondo’s walk-in COVID-19 testing center

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 25, 2020

The Manila City government on Thursday (September 24) launched another walk-in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) serology testing center at the Ospital ng Tondo.

Manila Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso said the testing center can accommodate 100 persons a day and will be open from Monday to Friday from 6:00 a.m.

NEWS ALERT: Isko leads launch of Ospital ng Tondo’s walk-in COVID-19 testing centerManila City Mayor Francisco ‘Isko…

Posted by Manila Public Information Office on Thursday, September 24, 2020

The Mayor also said the testing center is open to all Manileños and non-Manileños.

“Kahit sino, puwede magpa-test dito. Kahit hindi taga-Maynila (Anyone can be tested here even if you’re not a Manila resident). [The COVID-19 pandemic] is a universal problem. We have to approach it inclusively. That is why this is open to all and for free,” he said.

Domagoso added that another swab testing laboratory will be opened by the Manila City government. AAC

Iloilo City placed under MECQ from Sept. 25 until Oct. 9

Marje Pelayo   •   September 25, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — Iloilo City has been placed under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) effective September 25 until October 9 due to the increasing number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the city.

According to Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque the new measure is based on the issued Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) Resolution 74 which also requires facility-based isolation for confirmed asymptomatic and mild COVID-19 cases.

However, the resolution exempts patients who are considered vulnerable or having comorbidities as confirmed by the local health officer.

Another exception would be when the Ligtas COVID-19 Centers within the region are fully occupied and the local government unit does not have sufficient isolation facilities.

On Tuesday (September 22), 33 employees of the Iloilo City Hall tested positive for COVID-19 prompting the three-day temporary closure of the establishment beginning Wednesday (September 23) as declared by Mayor Jerry Treñas in Executive Order No. 215-A.

Prior to that, 13 barangays in the city were placed under total lockdown due to the increase in community transmission of COVID-19.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.