Malacañang offers condolences on the passing of Bro. Eli Soriano
Robie de Guzman • February 12, 2021 • 1519
MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang on Friday expressed its condolences to the family, loved ones, friends, and followers of Bro. Eliseo “Eli” Soriano who passed away at the age of 73.
“Bro. Eli was a beloved preacher of Ang Dating Daan whose teachings touched the lives and served as guide to many,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.
Brother Eli, a multi-awarded international evangelist, was the host of the longest-running religious program in the Philippines, “Ang Dating Daan” (The Old Path).
His death was confirmed in a statement issued by Members, Church of God International (MCGI) on Thursday.
“His dedication to propagate the words of God in the Bible was a clear testament of his steadfast love to serve his brethren and the Almighty,” Roque said.
“Our prayers go to Bro Eli as he may rest in eternal peace and happiness,” he added.
Brother Eli started his flagship program “Ang Dating Daan” in 1980. After years of challenges to find a permanent home, ADD and Bro. Eli’s other programs “Truth in Focus” and “Itanong mo kay Soriano” finally settled with UNTV on 2004.
He was forced to leave the Philippines in 2005 due to religious persecution. He settled in Brazil where he continued his global evangelization efforts.
He was known for his straightforward and courageous method of exposing errors in doctrines of various religious groups locally and abroad through his signature segment “Itanong Mo kay Soriano, Biblia ang Sasagot” – a non-scripted Bible Exposition being broadcasted live on TV and the internet where guests can ask impromptu questions which Bro. Eli answers with verses from the Scriptures.
MANILA, Philippines—President Rodrigo Duterte will deliver his public address on Monday (April 12), Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. confirmed.
In a text message to reporters on Saturday (April 10), the Palace official said the President will push through with his weekly public address on Monday.
Duterte skipped his public address last week after several members of the Presidential Security Group (PSG) tested positive for the COVID-19. Due to his several days of absence, speculations have surfaced questioning the state of the President’s health.
However, several officials, already assured that Duterte is of good health and will deliver his public address on Monday.
Meanwhile, Roque said he was admitted to a hospital for COVID-19 treatment. AAC
MANILA, Philippines—Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. on Saturday (April 10) announced he is currently admitted in a hospital for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) treatment.
“This is to say that COVID-19 is more transmissible now so we have to do extra precaution,” he said.
Roque, meanwhile, also reiterated he will announce the risk classification of the National Capital Region (NCR) Plus Bubble on Saturday after the discussion with the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).
He also said that President Rodrigo Duterte will deliver his public address on Monday (April 12).
The Palace official requested prayers for all COVID-19 patients in the country. AAC
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.