Malacañan, tiwalang hindi maaapektuhan ang peace talks sa MILF ng ‘standoff’ sa Sabah, Malaysia

admin   •   February 19, 2013   •   3301

Sabah (Google Maps)

Sabah (Google Maps)

MANILA, Philippines – Ipinauubaya na lamang ng Malacañan sa Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) ang pagresolba sa nagaganap na standoff ng Malaysian authorities at grupo ni Sultan Abdul Kiram III na pumunta sa Sabah dahil sa usapin ng pagangkin sa naturang lugar.

Ayon sa  palasyo, nananatili ang pagangkin ng Pilipinas sa Sabah.

Pahayag ni Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte, “For what I understand the claim is there and it hasn’t move quiet sometime I also remember that the president did make mention to it that it has been dormant, let’s leave at that for the moment.”

At sa kabila ng mga isyung naglalabasan kaugnay ng pagbuhay ng claim ng pilipinas sa sabah, naniniwala ang malakanyang na hindi maaapektuhan nito   ang peace process sa moro islamic liberation front at pamahalaan.

Malaki ang naging papel  ng malaysia bilang facilitator sa peace talks ng pamahalaan at milf.

Samantala, hinihikayat pa rin ng pamahalaan na umuwi na lamang ang nasa 200 Pilipino sa Lahad Datu, Sabah, Malaysia.

Ayon kay Asec. Raul Hernandez, tagapagsalita ng Department of Foreign Affairs, nakikipag-ugnayan na sila sa Malaysian authorities para sa posibleng paglilikas o pagpapauwi sa mga kababayan natin doon.

“We are trying to ask them to leave the area and go home and we are talking to our counterpart in Malaysia, we want this issue to be solved without violence and peacefully.”

Sa kabila ng standoff, tiniyak ng DFA na maayos ang relasyon ng Pilipinas at Malaysia. (Nel Maribojoc & Ruth Navales, UNTV News)

No Filipinos affected so far by US forest fires — DFA

Marje Pelayo   •   September 15, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Monday (September 14) confirmed that no Filipinos have so far been reported affected by the recent forest fire incidents across the West Coast in the United States.

The DFA wishes to refer the public to the advisories released by Philippine foreign service posts with jurisdiction over affected areas for up-to-date information and necessary assistance.

Specifically, these offices are the Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles and the Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco.

Local authorities are still struggling to control the raging wildfires in California, Oregon, Washington State and other areas in the West Coast.

The situation is made worse by varying wind directions and very low humidity. 

The raging wildfires across California, Oregon and Washington have already charred millions of acres of land and killed more than 30 people so far.

Authorities fear the death toll will increase as dozens more remain unaccounted for.

Repatriated OFWs due to COVID-19 outbreak exceeds 174k – DFA

Robie de Guzman   •   September 14, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The number of overseas Filipino workers (OFW) repatriated due to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has reached more than 174,000, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.

In a statement on Sunday, the DFA said it brought home 9,671 OFWs last week, bringing the total to 174,039 since it began its repatriation efforts in February 2020.

Of the total number, 61,716 are sea-based workers while 112,323 are land-based, the agency added.

“The DFA remains relentless in facilitating more flights, particularly from the Middle East. This week, the DFA brought home more than 7,500 of our nationals from the said region via 27 special commercial repatriation flights,” it said.

The department said 11 of these flights were from the United Arab Emirates, seven from Saudi Arabia, four form Qatar, three from Bahrain, and one each from Kuwait and Oman.

“The return of Filipino seafarers also continues as the DFA facilitated the repatriation of more than 2,800 sea-based workers, including a Filipino fisherman who drifted to the waters of Central Sulawesi in April 2020,” it said.

The DFA added that it also extended assistance to “a cancer patient who finally arrived home in Manila on board a special commercial repatriation flight from Thailand last Wednesday.”

In a separate statement on Sunday, the department said the patient was among the 76 Filipinos brought home from Thailand on Wednesday.

“The DFA, together with its Philippine embassies, consulates and attached agencies around the world, remains fully committed to bringing home our nationals abroad amid the COVID-19 pandemic,” it said.

Remains of two Filipino fatalities in Abu Dhabi blast set for repatriation — DFA

Marje Pelayo   •   September 11, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Thursday (September 10) reported that the remains of the two Filipinos who died in the gas leak explosion on August 31 in Abu Dhabi, UAE are now being prepared for repatriation to the Philippines.

The repatriation was set after all matters were cleared by authorities. 

Meanwhile, embassy officials and DFA regional representatives along with personnel from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) are now working closely with the families for the acceptance of the remains.

The DFA-DOLE composite team recently visited one of the families in their hometown, while Ambassador Hjayceelyn Quintana met with the widow and brother of the other deceased Filipino in Abu Dhabi, the DFA said.

The embassy arranged the viewing of the remains by family members, and is currently monitoring discussions between the families of the deceased and their employers. The families are also being assisted in the processing of the death benefits they will be receiving from the Philippine government.

Meanwhile, Ambassador Quintana spoke by phone to a Filipino survivor who was injured from the accident and now recovering well in the hospital.

The embassy expressed gratitude to the UAE government for ensuring that the affected Filipinos are cared for. 

The embassy also thanked members of the Filipino community whose prayers and expressions of support lent healing and comfort to the families of the victims.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.