Louie Anne Culala vows to show her best vocals in the Wishcovery grand finals
admin • February 14, 2018 • 4202
The rising star of Bulacan Louie Anne Culala proves her amazing talent in singing during her hometown concert in San Ildefonso Gymnasium, Bulacan on February 12. (Photoville International)
Bulacan, Philippines — The rising star of Bulacan Louie Anne Culala proved her amazing talent in singing during her hometown concert in San Ildefonso Gymnasium, Bulacan on February 12.
During her hometown concert, Louie Anne reminisced her Wishcovery journey through the songs that brought her to the grand finals.
“Sobrang napapataas po nito ‘yung self-confidence ko and mas lumalakas ‘yung feeling ko na may laban ako sa grand finals because of those people na sumusuporta po sa akin,” said the singing hopeful.
(It has really improved my self-confidence and belief that I have a chance in winning at the grand finals because of the people who support me.)
Louie Anne is known for her powerful and versatile vocals, but she vows to show more in the Wishcovery grand finals.
“Mas magpapakita po ako ng aking vocal abilities sa kanila so sana abangan nila ‘yung magiging performance ko,” said Louie Anne.
(I will show more of my vocal abilities so watch out for my performance.)
Aside from her supportive fellow Bulakenyos, the proudest of all for her achievement is her dad who taught her how to sing.
“Happy ako kasi kumbaga parang nakikita ko ‘yung pinagpaguran ko sa kanya buhat noong maliit siya hanggang ngayon. Alam mo naman 101%, nandito ako. ‘Yung support ko sa ‘yo, hindi mawawala ‘yan,” said Mr. Luisito Culala.
(You know that I am 101 percent here to support you. My support for you will remain.)
Aside from a mini-concert, Louie Anne also led the conduct of a medical mission for senior citizen in her home province.
“Nagpapasalamat ang buong bayan ng San Ildefenso sa mabuti niyang kalooban at wish ng buong bayan na siya’y magtagumpay bilang isang sikat na mang-aawit,” said San Idelfonso OSCA Secretary Marcena Sulit.
(The entire town of San Ildefonso is thankful for her good deeds, and we wish her success as a famous singer.)
Meanwhile, Wish 107.5 granted some wishes to express its gratitude for having two million YouTube subscribers. “Marami pong gastusin kaya hindipokayangisabay, naisipanko pong i-wish ‘yunggitara,” said beneficiary Ericka Shane Sombrio.
Maraming, maraming salamat po kasi ‘yung bagay po na hindi ko po ineexpect naibibigay sa akin, nangyari po,” she added.
(I have a lot of expenses that’s why I could not buy this. That’s why I thought of wishing for this guitar. Thank you so much for giving me this thing that I did not anticipate to have.)
“Medyo gipit nga kami. Hindi naming mabilhan ng TV. ‘Yung mother ko doon nakikinood sa kapitbahay. Wish, maraming Salamat talaga sa inyo. Di ko inaasahan na kayo pa iyong magiging dahilan para mabigay ko sa mother ko ‘yung wish na ‘yun. (We have a very tight budget. We could not buy a TV. My mom would go to a neighbors’ house to watch television. Thank you so much, Wish 107.5. I did not expect that you will be instrumental in fulfilling my wish for my mother.) — Leslie Longboen | UNTV News and Rescue
BULACAN, Philippines – The pig virus African Swine Fever (ASF) has so far affected five barangays in the municipality of Guiguinto.
These are barangays Tiaong, Kut-Kot, Malis, Tabe and Pritil.
Hog raisers are already complaining over huge loss of income.
Even pork meat vendors and lechon makers in the province are also hurt by the ASF outbreak.
Based on records of the Municipal Veterinary Office, over a hundred pigs have already died in these areas since August 16.
Authorities suspect that the pigs delivered from Rizal may have been the source of the spread of ASF in Guiguinto.
“Dinadala dito. Doon sila humahango (The pigs are brought here from there [Rizal]) ,” said Guiguinto Municipal Veterinary Officer Eduardo Jose.
“Pagdating dyan naunang nagkaroon ng report sa Rodriguez. Nag-suspect ang provincial veterinary office na nadala dito sa Pritil, (The report first surfaced in Rodriguez. The provincial veterinary office suspected that the virus was brought here in Pritil)” Jose said.
Hog raisers are starting to complain over huge loss of income due to ASF outbreak.
“Dito po namin inilibing ang labinlimang baboy na namatay kahapon. Affected po ang Pritil, (This is where we buried 15 pigs that died yesterday. Pritil is also affected),” said hog raiser Sofia Verde.
Verde said she already lost more than 100 pigs including a sow.
Barangay Pritil for now does not accept delivery of pigs from Rizal and Batangas due to ASF outbreak.
Aside from pork meat vendors, lechon makers in Bulacan are also hurt by the outbreak as buyers of the Filipino pork delicacy have become fewer.
“Matumal talaga. Nasasabay pa yung balita na (African Swine Fever) sa baboy, (Sales have been slow, and news about African Swine Fever is making it worse),” noted lechon maker Minda Atim.
Some pork meat vendors whose products were certified by the National Meat Inspection Service (NMIS) said they were not exempted from the impact of ASF scare.
They blame the media for fueling the flames when it comes to ASF.
“Ang nangyari kasi malakas rin ang (impluwensiya) ng media, (The influence of media is strong),” said Lisa Apolinario, a pork meat vendor.
“Napapakita, napapanood na akala nila ganun na lahat ng paninda. Maayos ang paninda namin kasi may certificate naman kami (When people see it on TV they think all pork being sold in the market are affected. Our products are safe because we have certificates),” Apolinario argued.
Meanwhile, some consumers prefer to be safe by buying other sources of protein instead of pork meat.
“Mga seafood na lang binibili namin and chicken, (We prefer to buy seafood and chicken),” said Paula Angeles.
“Mas maganda mag-ingat na lang po ngayon, (It’s better to be cautious,)” another consumer, Jane Art said.
“Kapag wala na siguro yung case ng swine (fever) saka na lang siguro magbaboy, (When the case of (African) Swine (Fever) is cleared, that’s the time we could buy pork again),” she concluded. – MNP (with reports from Nestor Torres)
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Agriculture (DA) in a press release admitted that the current African Swine Fever (ASF) episodes in Rizal and Bulacan may be considered an outbreak but not yet an epidemic.
The Department assured, however, that the pig virus has already been contained in Barangay Pritil and Guiguinto in Bulacan as well as in several barangays in Rodriguez, San Mateo, and Antipolo in Rizal.
The agency, through Secretary William Dar, stressed that the outbreak is not affecting the entire country thus it appeals to the public as well as the media not to ignite fear as unverified and unvalidated reports could create irreversible damage to the country’s hog industry which is also the source of livelihood for millions of Filipinos.
Meanwhile, the Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI) confirmed that the cases of pig deaths in Rizal and Bulacan have been at outbreak level since August this year.
“Basta na-confirm na ito’y tumaas doon sa normally expected na nagkakasakit at normal na bilang ng namamatay, outbreak na iyon. August po iyon,” Director Ronnie Domingo said in an interview on Monday (September 16) when asked as to when the outbreak started.
(If the confirmed number of pig deaths goes beyond the normal number of expected deaths, that’s outbreak already. That was the case in August.)
The agency, meanwhile, doesn’t want to confirm what the Quezon City government announced regarding ASF-positive pigs amid culling operations in the city.
According to Domingo, they are still conducting laboratory tests on the pig samples including those that floated in a creek in Bagong Silangan as well as those recovered in Marikina River.
The official echoed Secretary Dar’s call on hog raisers to report pigs that had gone sick in order to prevent the spread of the deadly swine virus.
“Sana makalaya tayo kaagad in the shortest possible time (We hope to end this (problem) in the shortest possible time),” Domingo said.
“Pero pagka may nagtatago at ganyan na hindi nakikisama, mae-extend ang control measures na ginagawa (natin) (But if there are some who conceal [their hogs], we need to extend our control measures),” he added. – MNP (with details from Rey Pelayo)
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) is now investigating the leak and circulation online of a draft memorandum stating about the alleged presence of “ISIS affiliates” in Bulacan.
The said document posted on social media states that the Bulacan Provincial Police Office was on full alert status because of threats posed by the terrorist group. It said ISIS-inspired militants from Tuguegarao are moving to Bulacan to attack religious communities in the province.
According to Bulacan provincial police director Chito Barseluna, the document was not official and was not intended for public release.
He added that there was a miscommunication in drafting the memo as this should have been written to alert police units following recent bombings in Mindanao.
Barseluna confirmed that Bulacan police was indeed on full alert but this is because of the celebration of the Singkaban festival in the province.
The police official also denied receiving an intelligence report about the presence of an ISIS-inspired group in the province.
Barseluna also called on the public to stay calm and assured that tight security measures are in place. RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.