MANILA, Philippines— Typhoon Quinta maintains its strength and is traversing the vicinity of Mamburao, Occidental Mindoro, according to today’s 8:00AM weather bulletin of the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA).
On Monday (October 26) morning, Typhoon Quinta is forecast to remain a typhoon as it hovers over Mindoro Island.
After emerging over the West Philippine Sea, this typhoon is seen to re-intensify and may reach its peak intensity within 24 to 48 hours.
Typhoon Quinta is forecast to exit the PAR Tuesday morning (October 27).
As forecast, typhoon Quinta will bring moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, CALABARZON, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, northern Palawan including Calamian and Cuyo Islands, Aklan, Capiz, and Antique.
The tail-end of a frontal system will likewise bring moderate to heavy rains over Cagayan, Isabela, Apayao, Kalinga, Abra, Ilocos Norte, and Ilocos Sur.
The combined effects of these two weather systems will also bring light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Metro Manila, Zamboanga Peninsula, Bangsamoro, Northern Mindanao, Caraga, and the rest of Luzon and Visayas.
Residents in affected areas are advised to take measures against flooding including flash floods and landslides that may occur during heavy or prolonged rainfall especially in areas that are highly or very highly susceptible to these hazards.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) remains hoisted over several parts of the country as follows:
TCWS #3 (Winds of greater than 121 km/h up to 170 km/h may be expected in at least 18 hours.)
- The southern portion of Batangas (Lian, Tuy, San Juan, Rosario, Padre Garcia, Lipa City, Cuenca, San Jose, Ibaan, Taysan, Lobo, Batangas City, Mabini, Tingloy, San Pascual, Bauan, Alitagtag, San Luis, Taal, Santa Teresita, Calatagan, Balayan, Calaca, Lemery, Agoncillo, San Nicolas, Mataas Na Kahoy)
- The northern and central portion of Oriental Mindoro (Oriental Mindoro (Mansalay, Roxas, Bongabong, Bansud, Gloria, Pinamalayan, Pola, Socorro, Victoria, Naujan, Calapan City, Baco, San Teodoro, Puerto Galera)
- The northern and central portion of Occidental Mindoro (San Jose, Rizal, Calintaan, Sablayan, Santa Cruz, Mamburao, Paluan, Abra de Ilog) including Lubang Island
TCWS #2 (Winds of greater than 61 km/h and up to 120 km/h may be expected in at least 24 hours.)
- The rest of Batangas
- Metro Manila
- The southern portion of Bulacan (Norzagaray, Angat, San Rafael, Baliuag, Pulilan, Calumpit, Hagonoy, Paombong, Malolos City, Plaridel, Bustos, San Jose del Monte City, Santa Maria, Pandi, Guiguinto, Balagtas, Bulacan, Bocaue, Meycauayan City, Obando, Marilao)
- The southern portion of Pampanga (Lubao, Sasmuan, Macabebe, Masantol, Minalin, Apalit)
- The northern portion of Romblon (Concepcion, Banton, Corcuera, Romblon, San Agustin, Calatrava, San Andres, Odiongan, Santa Maria)
- The rest of Oriental Mindoro
- The rest of Occidental Mindoro
- Calamian Islands
- The extreme northern portion of Antique (Caluya)
TCWS #1 (Winds of 30-60 km/h may be expected in at least 36 hours or intermittent rains may be expected within 36 hours.)
- Camarines Norte
- The western portion of Camarines Sur (Siruma, Tinambac, Calabanga, Naga City, Pili, Bula, Balatan, Minalabac, Milaor, Bombon, Magarao, Canaman, Camaligan, Gainza, San Fernando, Pasacao, Pamplona, Cabusao, Libmanan, Sipocot, Lupi, Ragay, Del Gallego)
- Burias Island
- The rest of Romblon
- The northern portion of Palawan (El Nido, Taytay) including Cuyo Islands
- The southern portion of Aurora (Dingalan, San Luis)
- The southern portion of Nueva Ecija (Gabaldon, Laur, Palayan City, General Tinio, Cabanatuan City, Aliaga, Zaragoza, Jaen, San Antonio, Santa Rosa, Peñaranda, Gapan City, San Leonardo, San Isidro, Cabiao)
- The southern portion of Tarlac (La Paz, Tarlac City, San Jose, Concepcion, Capas, Bamban)
- The rest of Bulacan
- The rest of Pampanga
- The central and southern portion of Zambales (Iba, Botolan, Cabangan, San Felipe, San Narciso, San Antonio, San Marcelino, Castillejos, Subic, Olongapo City)
- The rest of the northern portion of Antique (Laua-An, Barbaza, Tibiao, Culasi, Sebaste, Pandan, Libertad)