Kidnapping incidents in the country decline – PNP

admin   •   July 10, 2017   •   5817

MANILA, Philippines — Teresita Ang See, chairperson of Movement for the Restoration of Peace and Order  (MRPO) revealed that they have not recorded any incidents of kidnapping in the last two months.

The group concludes that incidents of kidnapping in the country indeed have declined under the Duterte administration.

This record is a big improvement as compared to previous years wherein the number of kidnapping cases is high.

In the past, they have recorded at least two kidnapping cases in a span of one week.

“It is not common that we have zero kidnapping case in two months. So far, we have zero this past two months. We don’t have any cases currently,” said Ang-See.

The PNP-Anti Kidnapping group have also recorded a reduction in kidnap for ransom cases.

The police unit said, they have recorded nine (9) kidnap for ransom cases from January this year up to the present.

PNP- Anti Kidnapping Group (PNP-AKG) spokesperson PSupt. Abelardo Borromeo said, “We have not recorded any case of kidnap for ransom by terrorist threat groups and by organized crime groups and criminal gangs.”

In 2016, there were 29 cases; 38 in 2015; 49 in 2014; 52 in 2013; and 26 in 2012.

The decline in number is due to the intensified campaign of the PNP and the public to fight kidnapping in the country. This includes a number of free seminars to educate the public on safety measures against kidnapping. — Mon Jocson | UNTV News & Rescue

Filipinos want to hear about jobs, economy, inflation in Duterte’s last SONA — Pulse Asia

Aileen Cerrudo   •   July 26, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Among the top issues that Filipinos want to hear during President Rodrigo Duterte’s last State of the Nation Address (SONA) are jobs, economy, and inflation according to the recent Pulse Asia Survey.

According to the June 2021 Nationwide Survey on SONA, topping the list of issues that Filipino adults would like to hear President Duterte discuss in his last SONA are jobs or livelihood (38%) and the Philippine economy (35%).

Other issues include measures to control inflation (33%) and plans to expedite the government’s COVID-19 vaccination program (31%).

Filipinos also want to hear about increasing workers’ pay (26%), improving the educational system (26%), and measures to be taken to prevent further Chinese incursion into the country’s territory in the West Philippine Sea (25%).

Meanwhile, a big majority of Filipino adults (69%) have heard, read, or watched any of the past SONAs delivered by President Rodrigo R. Duterte before Congress.

Awareness is more notable in Metro Manila (83%) and Mindanao (87%) than in the rest of Luzon (55%) and the Visayas (62%).

The nationwide survey is based on a sample of 2,400 representative adults 18 years old and above conducted from June 7 – 16, 2021 using face-to-face interviews. AAC

QC announces traffic rerouting for Duterte’s final SONA

Marje Pelayo   •   July 26, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) announced a temporary vehicle traffic rerouting scheme at the vicinity of the House of Representatives (HOR) Complex in Quezon City on Monday (July 26) in connection with President Rodrigo Duterte’s sixth and final State of the Nation Address (SONA).

QCPD Director Police Brigadier General Antonio Yarra said road and sidewalk obstructions and illegally parked vehicles will not be allowed in the entire stretch of Commonwealth Avenue (North Bound) from Quezon City Memorial Circle/ Philcoa to Litex and IBP Road.

This has been in effect starting Sunday (July 25).

Meanwhile, earlier at 6:00 AM (Monday) July 26, the Northbound of Commonwealth Avenue is already closed for private vehicles passing by the HOR area thus motorists are advised to take alternate routes.

From Quezon City Memorial Circle (QCMC), motorists can take North Ave., turn right to Visayas Ave. then turn left to Congressional or Tandang Sora Ave. and exit Mindanao Ave. Then they can turn right to Quirino Highway going to Commonwealth Extension passing thru then right turn at S&R Shopping Store landmark heading to the Southbound Lane.

For those individuals and commuters residing along Commonwealth Avenue to Fairview, they may take the QCPD Libreng Sakay service traversing along the said routes.

During the same time, the entire stretch of IBP Road may be put on lockdown if heavy traffic occurs and motorists will be rerouted from QCMC to Filinvest 1 and 2, Brgy Bagong Silangan, and some inner portions of Brgy. Batasan Hills.

From there, they can take Maharlika St., then turn left to Mayaman St., then turn right to Maginhawa St., turn left to Masinsinan St., then turn right to C.P. Garcia to Katipunan Ave., then take U-turn Slot in front of Miriam College, then turn right to H. Ventura St, turn left to Heizer St., then turn right to Katipunan Ext, and then take a left turn to JP Rizal to San Mateo road going to their destination.

Motorists from Filinvest 1 Subdivision affected by the traffic lockdown along IBP Road may take Luzviminda St. to Cotabato St., turn left to Sinagtala St. to Congressional St. leading to Batasan-San Mateo Road, and exit to Marikina Road en route to their destination.

Those from San Mateo Road to Filinvest 2 Subdivision/Bagong Silangan may take Doña Franceska St., then turn left to Doña Juliana St., and to King St. turn right to Don Vicente to Bagong Silangan/Filinvest Gate 2.

Motorists from Capitol Hills and Vista Real Executive Village going to QCMC may counterflow using the inner lane of Commonwealth Ave. (Northbound) from Zuazeregui to Katipunan.

“We are appealing for the understanding and patience of those who will be affected by the heavy traffic on Monday. The rerouting advisory may help motorists to find or take alternative routes,” said Yarra.

“It would also be best for those who have no important transaction to just stay home, if possible until after the SONA,” he concluded.

PNP vows cooperation in NBI probe on cops tagged in Manila kidnapping case

Robie de Guzman   •   June 30, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Guillermo Eleazar on Wednesday assured full cooperation in the National Bureau of Investigation’s probe into the alleged involvement of some cops in the abduction of three individuals in Manila.

The investigation stemmed from allegations made by two suspects in the kidnapping case that some policemen were behind the scheme.

The suspects were arrested in a police operation in Batangas on June 8.

They claimed that they are assets of police in their anti-illegal drug operations, and that their job includes pinpointing drug offenders.

The suspects identified the three kidnap victims – 23-year-old Rexcell John Hipolito, 21-year-old Ronald Jae Dizon, and 18-year-old Ivan Serrano – as marijuana peddlers.

Hipolito, Dizon, and Serrano were reportedly taken from their neighborhood last April by a group of armed men.

The suspects said the police were the ones who abducted the three individuals. They also alleged that the three men were already dead.

“Seryosong alegasyon po ito na dapat nating tutukan. But at this point, let us allow the investigation of the NBI to take its course at huwag po muna sana nating agad husgahan ang ating kapulisan,” Eleazar said in a statement.

“Tinitiyak ko naman na sa oras na mapatunayan na totoong may nagkamali sa aming hanay hindi natin ito palalagpasin,” he added.

The two kidnapping suspects are currently under NBI custody and will possibly be placed under the government’s witness protection program.

 

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.