Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Iba’t-ibang ahensya ng pamahalaan, nagtutulong-tulong para sa mga nasalanta ng lindol sa Cebu at Bohol

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, October 18th, 2013

Ang paglapag ng isang rescue helicopter ng Philippine Air Force sa Anislag Elementary School na may dalang relief goods para sa mga Boholanos na lubhang naapektuhan ng pagtama ng 7.2 magnitude na lindol nitong Martes, October 15, 2013. (ROMALDO MICO SOLON / Photoville International)

Ang paglapag ng isang rescue helicopter ng Philippine Air Force sa Anislag Elementary School na may dalang relief goods para sa mga Boholanos na lubhang naapektuhan ng pagtama ng 7.2 magnitude na lindol nitong Martes, October 15, 2013. (ROMALDO MICO SOLON / Photoville International)

MANILA, Philippines — Patuloy ang relief operations ng Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) sa mga lugar sa Bohol na malubhang napinsala ng 7.2 magnitude na lindol noong Martes, Oktubre 15.

Sa datos na inilabas ng Malakanyang, 25,000 pounds (lbs) na relief goods ang naipadala na ng kagawaran sa Tagbilaran, Bohol.

Ayon kay Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte, ginagawa na nila ang lahat upang maabot ang mga kababayan natin na hanggang sa kasalukuyan ay hindi pa rin nahahatiran ng tulong partikular ng pagkain at tubig.

“As of the moment, we are already doing airlift and sea lifts food drops to make sure that relief will reach who need them.”

Dagdag pa ni Valte, “ang ginawa natin we have to adopt we have to find boats, so ngayon ang DSWD at least in the case of Maribojoc also kailangang bangka ang gamitin.”

Kaugnay nito, binalaan naman ng Malakanyang ang mga negosyanteng magsasamantala sa mga lugar na tinamaan ng lindol sa Visayas region.

Ayon sa ulat, sa kabila ng price freeze na ipinatupad ng Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) sa mga lugar na napinsala ng lindol ay mataas pa rin ang presyo ng ilang bilihin partikular na ng gasolina na umaabot umano sa isandaang piso kada litro.

Ayon kay Valte, umapela na si Pangulong Aquino sa mga negosyante na sumunod sa price freeze dahil nasa ilalim na ng state of calamity ang Bohol.

Sinabi pa ng kalihim na hindi sila magdadalawang isip na sampahan ng kaso ang mga magsasamantalang negosyante.

Nakiusap na rin aniya ang pangulo sa mga ito na magbukas ng kanilang tindahan upang may mabilhan ang mga biktima ng lindol.

Samantala, dumipensa ang Malakanyang sa sinasabi ng ilang mambabatas na isang blackmail ang inihayag ng palasyo kaugnay ng paggamit ng Disbursement Acceleration Program o ng savings ng pamahalaan sa pagtulong sa mga biktima ng kalamidad.

Ito ay upang hindi umano maisyuhan ng Korte Suprema ng temporary restraining order ang DAP.

Ani Valte, “that is not blackmail that is a statement of fact, it is a statement of fact that we tap savings to help the reconstruction in typhoon Pablo, while we have other funding sources, given the number of challenges here, among them yung sa Habagat.” (Nel Maribojoc / Ruth Navales, UNTV News)

Tags: , , , ,

Death toll from Sulawesi quake rises to 1,944 – official

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Tuesday, October 9th, 2018

FILE PHOTO: A mother sits with her daughter at the epicenter of a devastating earthquake at Lende Tovea village in Donggala, Sulawesi island, Indonesia October 6, 2018. REUTERS/Beawiharta

The official death toll from the 7.5 magnitude quake and tsunami it triggered has risen to 1,944 but bodies are still being recovered, Indonesian officials said on Monday (October 8).

Many of victims are believed to be entombed in slowly drying mud that enveloped communities in the south of the small city of Palu on Sept. 28 when the quake triggered soil liquefaction, a phenomenon that turns the ground into a roiling quagmire.

The National Disaster Mitigation Agency Chief Willem Rampangilei said conditions in the area had been improving since the quake, making relief efforts easier, though rescuers are still racing to recover any remaining bodies trapped under rubble and mud.

The Indonesian government announced on Sunday (October 7) that it will officially conclude the search and rescue operation for earthquake and tsunami victims on Thursday (October 11).

“For liquefied areas in Petobo and Balaroa, we won’t make them into mass graves. After we dig them out, they will be turned into monuments,” Rampangilei said. No one knows how many people are missing, especially in the areas hit by liquefaction, but it could be as high as 5,000, the agency said. — Reuters

Tags: , ,

Indonesia to stop searching for quake victims on Thursday: agency

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, October 8th, 2018

Soldiers move dead bodies of the victims of the earthquake and tsunami during a mass burial at the Poboya Cemetery in Palu, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia, October 2, 2018. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

PALU, Indonesia (Reuters) – Indonesian rescue workers will stop searching for the bodies of victims of an earthquake and tsunami on the island of Sulawesi on Thursday, the national disaster mitigation agency said on Sunday.

The official death toll from the Sept. 28 disaster rose to 1,763. Bodies are still being recovered from the ruins of buildings in the small city of Palu and from neighborhoods hit by liquefaction, a phenomenon that turns the ground into a roiling quagmire, in the south of city.

Writing by Robert Birsel; Editing by Paul Tait

Tags: , ,

Death toll from Indonesian quakes, tsunami rises to 1,424

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, October 5th, 2018

 

Sand is placed over dead bodies of the victims of the earthquake and tsunami during a mass burial at the Poboya Cemetery in Palu, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia, October 2, 2018. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

The death toll from the multiple quakes and ensuing tsunami in Indonesia’s Central Sulawesi province has risen to 1,424, an official said at a joint press conference in Jakarta on Thursday.

Many victims are feared to still be buried in the ruins of Palu, the provincial capital, and in the districts of Donggala and Sigi, according to the spokesman of the Indonesian National Board for Disaster Management, Sutopo Purwo Nugroho.

Sutopo told the press that 1,200 of the victims were from Palu and that most of the deceased victims have been laid to rest by Wednesday.

The spokesman added that the death toll from last Friday’s disaster is expected to rise as there are reports that hundreds of locals could still be trapped under the ruins of the houses leveled by the quakes.

Daryono, head of the earthquake and tsunami information center at the Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG) said that Sulawesi historically sees frequent tsunamis but that the disaster this time was difficult to forecast and exceeded worst predictions. Considering there are nearly 300 seismically active areas in the country, Daryono warned that people should stay away from the coastline anytime a quake occurs.

“The maximum plate movement happened in Sulawesi, separating Sulawesi Island into east and west parts from Palu Bay to the Gulf of Boni. This is the most likely plate movement to happen in Indonesia,” said Daryono. — Reuters

Tags: , , ,