IATF OKs dietary supplementation program for babies, nutritionally at-risk pregnant women
Robie de Guzman • October 2, 2020 • 205
MANILA, Philippines – The government’s Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) has approved the release and distribution of cash assistance and food packs for children under two years old, and pregnant women who are lacking proper nutrition, Malacañang said Friday.
According to Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, the release and distribution of cash or food assistance is under the dietary supplementation program which will cover children aged 6 to 23 months, and “nutritionally at-risk” pregnant women.
Roque said the program forms part of improving the health care of the citizens and a means to eliminating hunger which has been aggravated by the pandemic.
The Palace official, however, did not provide other details about the program.
The coronavirus disease pandemic has prompted the imposition of varying community quarantine restrictions in the country since March and left millions unemployed.
The country’s economy also plunged into recession due to the closure of many sectors amid the public health crisis. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) on Wednesday directed local government units (LGU) to resume their road-clearing operations after more than seven months of suspension due to the coronavirus pandemic.
DILG Secretary Eduardo Año said the resumption of road clearing operations will officially start on November 16, depending on the quarantine classification of LGUs.
LGUs will have about two months or until January 15, 2021 to comply with the directive, he added.
“We hope that the LGUs, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, will show the same enthusiasm and positive results that they were able to achieve last year as we aim for safer and accessible roads free from illegal and potentially hazardous encroachments,” Año said in a statement.
“Despite the January 15 deadline, we wish to remind the LGUs that road-clearing operation is year-long endeavor, kaya kailangan natin ang kanilang commitment at pakikiisa,” he added.
Under DILG Memorandum Circular 2020-145, Año said that the resumption of road-clearing operations will vary, in different degrees, depending on the quarantine classification of a certain area.
Areas under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) levels should render full implementation of road clearing operations.
Those under general community quarantine (GCQ) will execute the partial implementation of the program while the road-clearing efforts in areas under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) and ECQ will remain suspended.
Early this week, President Rodrigo Duterte placed the entire National Capital Region and other areas of the country under GCQ for the whole month of November with no region in the country placed under the strictest community quarantine classification.
Under the DILG memorandum, road obstructions such as vehicular terminals except in areas designated by the LGUs; vending sites; house encroachments that obstruct the right-of-way; debris, waste materials, and other junked items, among others must be cleared off roadways.
Structures or obstructions erected for locally stranded individuals must also be removed upon return to their intended destination.
Parked ambulance and public emergency vehicles; checkpoints established by IATF, LGUs, PNP, and AFP; and temporary obstructions caused by the establishment of bike lanes, however, are exempted from removal, the DILG said.
Año said that results of road clearing efforts conducted by the LGU will be subjected to validation from January 18 to 22, 2021.
The DILG chief reiterated that LGUs that will fail to comply with the presidential directive will face administrative charges.
In his State of the Nation Address last year, Duterte ordered the DILG and LGUs to reclaim all public roads being used for private ends.
The road clearing operations were suspended in March in line with efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.
MANILA, Philippines — Metro Manila will remain under general community quarantine (GCQ) until November 30.
President Rodrigo Duterte made the announcement in a taped address to the nation aired on Tuesday (Oct. 27), after meeting with the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF).
The President has also decided to keep Batangas, Iloilo City, Bacolod City, Tacloban City, Iligan City and Lanao del Sur under GCQ until the end of November.
Nevertheless, local government units still have until October 28 to appeal to the IATF on the quarantine classification of their respective areas for the next month.
Metro Manila mayors have earlier stated that they want to keep the GCQ status for the NCR until the end of the year. They, however, applied eased restrictions on movement, travel, and business.
Except for Navotas City, the whole of NCR is implementing lesser curfew hours to allow more businesses to recover.
The Philippines had been under community quarantine classification since March due to the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic. —(with details from Rosalie Coz) /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – The government has made another step to further relax community restrictions under the recently issued Resolution No. 80 approved by the Inter – Agency Task Force against COVID-19.
On Friday (October 23), Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque announced that religious gatherings are now allowed up to 30% seating capacity from the previous 10% in areas covered by general community quarantine (GCQ) in Metro Manila.
“Pinayagan na ang religious gatherings sa mga lugar sa ilalim ng GCQ na hanggang 30 percent of the seating or venue capacity,” he said.
“Ito rin po ay alinsunod doon sa mga naging rekomendasyon ng ating mga Metro Manila mayors,” he added.
Meanwhile, foreign investors or foreign nationals who are investors’ visa holders may also enter the country, according to the IATF.
Roque stressed, however, that this does not include foreign tourists visa holders.
“Hindi po lahat ng foreign nationals ang ina-allow,” Roque emphasized.
Roque clarified that only foreigners who are holders of the following requirements are allowed to enter the country:
Holders of investors visa;
Holders of 4782 visa issued by the Department of Justice (DOJ);
Holders of visa issued by Aurora Pacific Economic Zone and Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority.
Foreigners who are eligible to enter the Philippines still need an existing, valid visa and a pre-booked stay at an accredited quarantine facility among others.
In addition to the above new ruling, the IATF lifted the previous requirement of pre-boarding test for outbound Filipino travelers.
This means anyone who wants to leave the country no longer needs an antigen testing result but they still need to present a negative COVID-19 test result if required by their country of destination or their airline of choice. MNP (with reports from Rosalie Coz)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.