IATF okays gradual reopening of dine-in services in GCQ areas
Marje Pelayo • June 11, 2020 • 296
MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19 has approved gradual reopening of dine-in services of restaurants in areas under the general community quarantine (GCQ).
Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez announced that starting June 15, restaurants may allow dine-in services limited to 30 percent dining capacity.
Lopez said the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) already issued safety protocols last week to allow food establishments to prepare for the resumption of dine-in services in their respective businesses.
These protocols include placement of markings to ensure 1.5 meter distance between diners.
There should also be acrylic or clear glass partitions installed to separate diners.
The DTI will conduct random checking of all food establishments once they reopen to ensure compliance to the agency’s protocols.
MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19 has expanded the services allowed in salons and barbershops in areas under the general community quarantine (GCQ) and modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).
Aside from haircut services, hair treatments are now allowed in salons under the GCQ areas; while nail care, basic facial care services, and basic personal care services will be allowed in areas under MGCQ.
Nevertheless, minimum public health standards will be strictly implemented in both GCQ and MGCQ areas, such as strict protocol on hand sanitation, face mask and face shields, gloves, and sterilized equipment.
The operating capacity in salons and barbershops will also be expanded to 50 percent in GCQ areas and 75 percent in MGCQ areas starting July 16, 2020. —(with details from Rosalie Coz) /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang on Friday announced that religious gatherings involving attendees of up to 10% of the venue capacity will soon be allowed in areas under general community quarantine (GCQ).
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said this is based on the latest resolution approved by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases following calls for the partial reopening of places of worship.
Roque said the new policy will take effect next Friday, July 10.
“Magkakaroon muna po tayo ng dry run na 10% itong darating na linggo, pero yung 10% po na allowed na ang lahat ay magsisimula po ng July 10,” he said in a televised press briefing.
The Palace official stressed that public health standards such as physical distancing, wearing of face mask, disinfection and hand hygiene, should be strictly followed.
President Rodrigo Duterte earlier announced that the following areas will be under GCQ from July 1 to July 15:
National Capital Region
Towns of Minglanilla and Consolacion in Cebu Province
Roque also announced that operation of travel agencies in GCQ areas will also be allowed but only limited to a skeleton workforce.
The Department of Trade and Industry will also release a set of guidelines on additional services that will be allowed in salons and barbershops.
The latest IATF resolution also states that practice and conditioning sessions for professional basketball and football teams will also be permitted.
Roque said the move comes after a joint administrative order was signed between the Philippine Sports Commission, Games and Amusements Board, and the Department of Health to allow limited physical activities amid the community quarantine. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has decided to extend the implementation of enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in Cebu City until July 15, 2020.
The President noted the “stubbornness” of its residents despite strict government protocols to curb the spread of COVID-19. He cited the situation in Talisay City where people tend to ignore social distancing protocols, with some even engaging in drinking sprees and gambling.
“Ayaw ninyo maniwala, bakit marami? One of the reasons — even without consulting the Body— because you did not follow rules,” President Duterte said.
“You have the highest. Cebu is now the new hotspot for COVID-19. Bakit? Marami sa inyo ay hindi sumusunod,” he added.
The President expressed concern over the situations in Cebu City which he hopes will improve through the supervision of Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu.
Meanwhile, Metro Manila and the following areas will remain under general community quarantine (GCQ) until July 15:
Talisay City, Minglanilla and Consolacion Municipalities in Cebu Province
The President commended the response of residents in the said areas to the government-imposed protocols which helped slow down the rate of COVID-19 infection.
“You know Manila, maraming tao but because sumunod nila — with few violations thereabout— we here in Manila have a good chance of at least avoiding it,” he said.
To save the economy, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguz recommended to the President the further relaxing of quarantine measures in Metro Manila and the CALABARZON region.
The rest of the country, meanwhile, will remain under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) specifically those identified as moderate and low risk areas where localized community quarantine and minimum health standards may strictly be observed. MNP (with reports from Rosalie Coz)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.