IATF bars NCR Plus, cities of Cebu, Davao from entering Region 6

Robie de Guzman   •   April 5, 2021   •   290

MANILA, Philippines – The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) has temporarily suspended inbound passenger travel to Western Visayas (Region 6) for people coming from the areas of NCR Plus, Cebu City, and Davao City, Malacañang said on Monday.

In a virtual press briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the suspension of inbound passenger travel will last until April 10.

Roque said IATF’s decision is in response to the request of local officials in Region 6 amid the surge in cases in Metro Manila and nearby provinces.

Western Visayas is composed of the provinces of Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, and Negros Occidental. World-famous Boracay Island is also located in Western Visayas.

Local government units in Region 6 last week separately issued executive orders closing off provincial borders, as well as for the imposition of curfew and liquor ban in a bid to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The National Capital Region, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal, and Laguna – collectively called as NCR Plus – were initially placed under enhanced community quarantine (EQC) from March 29 to April 4 to restrict the public’s mobility and curb the rise in coronavirus cases.

It was later extended to April 11 by the national government.

Davao City has been placed under general community quarantine (GCQ) while Cebu City is under modified GCQ for the month of April.

The Philippines has so far recorded 795,051 infections with 646,100 recoveries and 13,425 deaths.

DTI: Halos 200-libong manggagawa, balik-trabaho sa ilalim ng GCQ

Robie de Guzman   •   May 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Maaari nang makabalik sa trabaho ang nasa 200-libong empleyado matapos na ibalik sa general community quarantine “with heightened restrictions” ang National Capital Region (NCR) at mga karatig-lalawigan.

Ayon kay Trade and Industry Secretary Ramon Lopez, magiging daan ang paglipat sa GCQ ng NCR, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal, at Laguna – tinatawag na NCR Plus – upang mapababa ang bilang ng mga nawalan ng trabaho noong kasagsagan ng enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).

“As we further open the economy, we are expecting to bring back 200,000 to 300,000 jobs to lessen the number workers displaced since the start of the ECQ,” ani Lopez.

Noong nasa ilalim ng ECQ ang NCR Plus, umabot sa 1.5 milyon ang bilang ng mga Pilipino nawalan ng trabaho dahil sa coronavirus pandemic.

Nabawasan ito at naging isang milyon noong ipinatupad ang modified ECQ.

Ayon kay Lopez, sa ngayon ay aabot pa sa 700-libong manggagawa ang hindi pa rin nakakabalik sa trabaho dahil sa limitadong operasyon ng ilang establisimyento gaya ng mga restaurant, at barbershop. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Joan Nano)

Comelec to resume voter registration in NCR Plus on May 17

Aileen Cerrudo   •   May 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) will resume voter registration in the National Capital Region (NCR) Plus on May 17.

In a Tweet on Friday (May 14), Comelec Spokesperson James Jimenez announced that the schedule for the registration will be from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Quarantine classification in NCR Plus which includes Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, and Bulacan, has eased to general community quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions from modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).

For those with appointments, applicants can contact the Comelec office they will register in or check the agency’s official Facebook page.

The voter registration was temporarily suspended after the NCR Plus was put under MECQ. This is to prevent the further spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) after the surge of cases. -AAC

IATF allows TESDA to hold in-person assessments for household service workers in MECQ areas

Robie de Guzman   •   May 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The government’s task force for COVID-19 response has allowed the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) to conduct face-to-face assessments for household service workers in areas under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ), Malacañang said Friday.

However, the conduct of the activity is subject to conditions, according to Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque.

Roque said in-person assessments shall be held only in TESDA Training Institutions and will remain prohibited in private assessment centers.

The activity will also be limited to household service workers who are ready for deployment and have already secured contracts and visas.

“Applicants must further abide by TESDA guidelines relative to the conduct of in-person assessments,” Roque said.

The Palace official likewise announced that the IATF has also allowed the resumption of Career Executive Service Written Examinations and Assessment Centers by the Career Executive Service Board, subject to health and safety protocols and the strict observance of the minimum public health standards.

The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) approved this policy in a meeting on Thursday, May 13.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.