IAS: over 1,000 errant police recommended for dismissal remain on active duty
by UNTV News | Posted on Friday, April 13th, 2018
FILE PHOTO: Some members of the Philippine National Police in formation
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police Internal Affairs Office (PNP-IAS) claims that a number of errant policemen already recommended for dismissal remains on active service.
PNP IAS Inspector General Atty. Alfegar Triambulo noted that based on record from 2015 to 2017, only 30% or 721 from the total of 2,431 cops recommended for dismissal had been removed from the organization.
Triambulo said it seems that the PNP is being slow in addressing their recommendation.
“Pagkatapos po mapirmahan ng inspector general o regional director ng IAS ay pino-forward po naman sa disciplinary authority. Kung sa Crame ay kay CPNP pero kapag sa region ay sa regional director ng police regional office,” he noted.
(After securing the signature or the inspector general or IAS regional director, it is forwarded to the disciplinary authority. In Crame it would be CPNP [Chief of the Philippine National Police], but in regions it is the regional director of the police regional office.)
With this, the Inspector General said DILG Officer in Charge Eduardo Año already ordered an investigation on the matter to find out the loopholes in the process.
Meanwhle, PNP Directorate for Personnel and Records Management PCInsp. Gregorio Oscar Tambuli, in defense, said all recommendations needs to go through due processes so they cannot just dismiss anyone from active duty.
“Once na napirmahan ni CPNP ang decision, we have to inform the respondent kaya binibigyan pa natin sila ng 10 days for motion for reconsideration. Iyon po ang nagpapatagal,” Inspector Tambuli explained.
(Once the CPNP signs the decision, we have to inform the respondent so we give them 10 days to file motion for reconsideration. It’s what causes the delay.) — Lea Ylagan | UNTV News & Rescue
A simple marital spat escalated into the brutal murder of six family members in San Leonardo, Nueva Ecija at early dawn on Friday.
The victims were identified as Abby Caballero, Jennifer Caballero, Leonila Caballero, Joshua Caballero, Serrio Caballero and Sonny Custodio.
Wounded survivor Analyn Caballero, 20, was rushed to Dr. Paulino J. Garcia Memorial Research and Medical Center while two other surviving minors are currently under the custody of the Philippine National Police (PNP) Women’s Desk.
Based on the initial investigation of the authorities the suspect, identified as Jesse Tesoro, hacked to death his live-in partner, Jenifer Caballero, and five other victims at around 4:30 a.m.
According to their neighbors, the family has been renting the house for a month while working as farm laborers.
The authorities are looking into possible motives for the massacre while a manhunt operation for the suspect is underway. — UNTV News & Rescue
Special Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence Go, newly-installed Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Oscar Albayalde and outgoing PNP Director General Ronald dela Rosa strike President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s signature pose on the sidelines of the PNP Change of Command Ceremony at Camp BGen. Rafael Crame in Quezon City on April 19, 2018. RICHARD MADELO/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO
MANILA, Philippines — Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa formally passed his post to National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Director General Oscar Albayalde on Thursday.
The two police officers came from Philippine Military Academy Sinagtala Class of 1986.
Albayalde was chosen by President Rodrigo Duterte to be the next PNP chief after the end of Dela Rosa’s three-month term extension on Saturday.
The turnover ceremony was led by President Rodrigo Duterte and strict security was observed in Camp Aguinaldo.
The EDSA gate was closed and Task Force Disiplina police officers were deployed for security measures. — UNTV News & Rescue
Imam, a high-value target from Marawi City was nabbed by operatives in a PNP-PDEA Joint operation in San Vicente Magalang, Pampanga.
The joint operation of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) led to the arrest of a 29-year old suspect, Akil Imam, in San Vicente Magalang, Pampanga at 4 a.m. Monday.
Imam is a high-value target who hails from Marawi City.
Authorities seized from the suspect 31 sachets and large plastic bags of illegal drugs with an estimated worth of P2.5 million; an electronic scale, ammunition and other drug paraphernalia.
The confiscated illegal drugs are now under the custody of PDEA Region-3. — UNTV News & Rescue
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.