Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Hundred Islands National Park hits record high tourist arrivals in 2017

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, October 20th, 2017

HUNDRED ISLANDS

MANILA, Philippines — The holiday season signals a doubling in the number of tourist arrivals at the Hundred Islands National Park in Pangasinan.

The Alaminos City Tourism Office attributes this to the numerous times the park has been featured in social networking sites as among the top tourist destinations in Pangasinan.

“We are also targeting for the number of arrivals to reach 500,000 this year 2017,” Alaminos City tourism officer Reynaldo T. Livara said.

Majority of foreign tourists who visit the place are Koreans, Americans and Japanese.

Since they began the beautification of the park and putting additional facilities in the islands, they have achieved a record high of 352,000 tourist arrivals this October, compared to last year which only reached 350,000 visitors.

The Alaminos local government unit ensured that even with the renovations that are being done in the place, the islands’ natural beauty is not at all altered.

“We have a statistics tungkol jan kung bakit sila bumabalik. Syempre una malapit lang ito eh, malapit lang ito strategic area and the same time every month kase na bumabalik sila dito there are new facilities na makikita nila na hindi nila nakita noong una silang dumalaw (We have statistics on why people keep coming back. Of course, firstly, it’s near, it’s strategically located. And at the same time, every month when they return, there are new facilities to see that they have not seen on their last visit),” Livara said.

Meanwhile, the city tourist office will implement a boat rotation to avoid confusion in the cueing of passengers and to give fair competition among boatmen. – Robie de Guzman | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Authorities fast track probe on death of Vietnamese fishermen in Pangasinan

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Wednesday, September 27th, 2017

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_092617_VIETNAMESE FISHERMEN

MANILA, Philippines — The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) is conducting an inventory of the boats used by the Vietnamese fishermen caught illegally fishing in the sea of Bolinao, Pangasinan last Saturday.

After the inventory, the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) is set to get a sworn statement from the arrested fishermen who are now under the custody of the Philippine Coastguard.

The Provincial Committee on Illegal Entrance orders the Philippine Navy to submit an apprehension report about the encounter of some of its personnel with the Vietnamese fishermen.

It has also requested for the result of the autopsy report conducted by the Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) on the two fatalities and the medico-legal of the PNP Bolinao where the fishermen were turned over.

According to the Deputy Provincial Police Community Relation of Pangasinan, the entire members of the task group are now working on the case for its immediate resolution.

“Actually the process we are doing is a bit fast. Our chairman, Senior Superintendent Ronald Lee, has already tasked us. Afterwards, all the reports about this will be consolidated, and we will announce it to the media. With this, the process of the investigation will be in order,” Deputy Police Community Relations PPO PC/Insp. Christopher Natnat said.

Prior to this, Malacañang and Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano assured a  fair and thorough investigation into the deaths of the two Vietnamese fishermen.

Embassy officials are now working on the repatriation to Vietnam of the remains of the two fatalities. – Aiko Miguel | UNTV News & Rescue

 

Tags: , , , ,

Malacañang assures fair investigation over the death of Vietnamese fishermen in Pangasinan

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, September 25th, 2017

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_092517_FISHING BOATS

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang has assured fair investigation over the death of two Vietnamese fishermen in Pangasinan.

The Vietnamese men were seen fishing 34 nautical miles off Cape Bolinao in Pangasinan which is clearly within the country’s exclusive economic zone.

The encounter involved a Philippine Navy Vessel and a Vietnamese fishing boat.

The government is now coordinating with its counterpart in Vietnam about the incident.

“Authorities are now conducting a fair and thorough investigation into the incident … the DFA is closely coordinating with the officials of the Vietnamese Embassy in Manila to update them on the developments and to facilitate their access to the 5 other Vietnamese fishermen taken into custody by the Philippine Navy,” Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said. – UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,

Philippine Navy under investigation over the death of 2 Vietnamese fishermen

by UNTV   |   Posted on Monday, September 25th, 2017

Vietnamese fishermen caught by the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) is investigating if their personnel used too much force in apprehending the fishing vessels of Vietnamese fishermen.

They were caught illegally fishing in the sea territory of Bolinao, Pangasinan last Saturday, September  23.

The Navy tried to make contact with them through the radio but they escaped.

They fired warning shots and pursued the fishing vessel. And when they caught up with it, they found that two of the Vietnamese fishermen were dead.

The members of the Philippine Navy who were involved in the incident are currently under restriction while their commander was relieved from post.

“The Philippine Navy is very cooperative. There are no problems. That is why the guns were turned over and the personnel is under restriction too and what I know, the Philippine Navy said the commander of the boat, is in administrative relive,” Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPPO) Senior Supt. Ronald Oliver Lee said.

Malacañang and Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano assured the fair and thorough investigation of the death of the two Vietnamese fishermen.

“The incident led to the death of two Vietnamese nationals and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) is closely coordinating with the officials of the Vietnamese Embassy in Manila to update them on the developments and to facilitate their access to the five other Vietnamese fishermen taken into custody by the Philippine Navy,” said Cayetano.

The five other Vietnamese fishermen are currently under the custody of the Philippine Coast Guard.

Embassy officials visited last Sunday night the two fishermen who died to organize their return to their country. — Bryan Evangelista | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , , ,