Fugitive Ex-Ozamiz Councilor ‘Ardot’ Parojinog arrested in Taiwan
by UNTV News and Rescue | Posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2018
Former Ozamiz City Councilor Ricardo “Ardot” Parojinog (photo courtesy of: OCPNP)
QUEZON CITY, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) Spokesperson Chief Supt. John Bulalacao on Thursday, May 24, confirmed the arrest of former Ozamiz City Councilor Ricardo “Ardot” Parojinog in Pintung, Taiwan on Wednesday afternoon, May 23.
Ardot Parojinog is the younger brother of the slain Ozamiz City Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog Sr.
Bulalacao said “Ardot” was being hunted down by authorities for his alleged involvement in illegal drugs trade.
He has been in hiding for 10 months since the bloody raid in the house of the Parojinogs in Ozamiz City on July 30, 2017, that killed 15 persons including then-incumbent Mayor Parojinog and his wife Susan. Police seized a number of high-powered firearms and explosives in the Parojinog residence following the raid.
Bulalacao added that Ardot Parojinog was arrested by the Taiwan government for illegal entry.
” Yung Taiwan government ay nalaman na wala syang documents when he entered Taiwan (The Taiwan government found out that he didn’t have documents when he entered Taiwan),” he said.
Based on information received from Economic Cooperation Rep. Lito Banayo, Parojinog has been overstaying in Taiwan which prompted his capture.
PNP Chief PDG Oscar Albayalde said the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) and Philippine National Police-Drug Enforcement Group (PNP-DEG) will fetch Parojinog from Taiwan.
” Although wala pa kaming exact date, the PNP is always ready to go to Taiwan para sunduin itong si Ardot Parojinog at of course we will follow the process of deportation dahil may mga violation siyang na commit doon sa Taiwan the reason for his arrest. And it will take some time before he is deported to the Philippines,” said Bulalacao.
(Although we do not have an exact date, the PNP is always ready to go to Taiwan to bring home Ardot Parojinog. And of course we will the process of deportation because he committed violations in Taiwan; the reason for his arrest. It will take some time before he is deported to the Philippines.)
Meanwhile, Malacañang welcomed the news of Parojinog’s arrest by Taiwanese authorities.
“Ito’y mabuting balita dahil unang-una ano po ginawa niya at nagtatago sa Taiwan, kung siya po ay walang batas na nilabag. Sabi nga po flight is evidence of guilt,” said Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque.
(This is good news because firstly, why would he be hiding in Taiwan if he did not violate any laws? As they say: flight is evidence of guilt.)
He also assured justice for Ozamiz residents.
“Sa mga residente ng bayan ni Mayor at Councilor Parojinog, sisiguraduhin naman po natin na magkakaroon ng katarungan kung may nalabag na batas itong si Councilor Parojinog. Siya po ay iimbestigahan, lilitisin at parurusahan sa krimen yan,” said Roque.
(To the constituents of Mayor and Councilor Parojinog, we will ensure that justice will be served if indeed Councilor Parojinog committed a crime. He will undergo investigation and trial for that crime.)
It can be recalled that his niece, then Vice Mayor Princess Parojinog, was also arrested for possession of illegal drugs, and is now detained at the PNP Custodial Center while her brother Reynaldo Parojinog Jr. is in Quezon City Jail.
Ardot’s arrest was prompted by information relayed to the PNP by one of his former colleagues who was previously arrested. – Lea Ylagan / Marje Pelayo | UNTV News & Rescue
by Maris Federez | Posted on Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Justice (DOJ) has joined the hunt for alias Bikoy and the other personalities behind the “Totoong Narco List” [real narco list] videos.
The said videos implicated Presidential son Paolo Duterte, President Rodrigo Duterte’s common-law wife Honeylet Avanceña, and former Special Assistant to the President Bong Go, in illegal drug trade.
DOJ Secretary Menardo Guevarra had also ordered the department’s fact-finding team to conduct an investigation on the identity of the people behind the series of videos and to file possible criminal cases against them.
Guevarra said, “I have given instructions to the DOJ Office of Cybercrime to coordinate with the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) cybercrime unit and find out the source of these videos.”
The justice secretary further stated that the criminal charges will depend on the acts committed, such as cyber libel or similar offense.
Aside from the DOJ-initiated investigation, the Philippine National Police (PNP) is also conducting a separate probe on the said videos. – Maris Federez
by Maris Federez | Posted on Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
The Philippine National Police (PNP) is now on full alert status in Metro Manila and other key tourist destinations until the end of the Lenten season.
Although authorities have not received threats in the country’s peace and order, around 91,000 police personnel are now deployed nationwide.
Police General Oscar Albayalde, NCRPO Chief Guillermo Eleazar and several PNP personnel on Wednesday (April 17) led the inspection at the Araneta Center Bus Terminal in Cubao and Victory Liner bus terminal in Pasay City.
The PNP officials personally checked the security plans of these terminals in accommodating passengers during the Lenten season. –Maris Federez
by Robie de Guzman | Posted on Thursday, March 28th, 2019
MANILA, Philippines – Senator Panfilo Lacson has renewed his appeal to the Philippine National Police (PNP) to impose stricter gun control measures, including the limited issuance of Permits to Carry Firearms Outside Residences (PTCFOR).
Lacson made the call following the killing of a policeman along EDSA (Epifanio delos Santos Avenue) in San Juan City.
Police Senior Master Sgt. Solomon Cugay was shot dead on Tuesday (March 26) by motorcycle-riding gunmen along EDSA-Connecticut southbound lane.
The PNP said Cugay was among the personalities included on the narcotics list released by President Rodrigo Duterte in 2016.
Cugay had previous records of coddling and recycling illegal drugs, according to PNP Chief General Oscar Albayalde, but the former was able to clear his name and was absolved from the case some two years ago.
Lacson said the PNP should limit the issuance of PTCFOR to ensure that only uniformed military and police personnel on duty can bring firearms outside their homes.
He said anyone carrying firearms in public places should be assumed to have criminal intent and apprehended on the spot.
“Firearms are for self-defense and protection of properties from intruders and not for offensive action by the possessor,” he said.
The Lawmaker also challenged the PNP to prove that they are capable of carrying out their mandate to protect the public from criminals.
He also pushed for stronger law on gun control to prevent mass shooting incidents similar to other countries.
Last year, Lacson had urged the PNP to implement stricter firearms control following the spate of killings of local officials, including Tanauan City, Batangas Mayor Anthony Halili and Ako-Bicol Party-list Rep. Rodel Batocabe. – Robie de Guzman
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.