Former BOC Chief Nicanor Faeldon transferred to Pasay City Jail

UNTV News   •   January 31, 2018   •   3865

MANILA, Philippines – After almost 5 months of detention inside the Senate, former Bureau of Customs (BOC) Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon is now at the Pasay City Jail.

This, after the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee led by Senator Richard Gordon signed a commitment order against the former BOC Chief.

“Senate President has signed na siya’y dadalhin sa Pasay (that he will be brought to Pasay). Wala namang isyu ang (there is no issue on) sanitation or anything like that,” Gordon said.

The Office of the Senate Secretary assigned two personnel to guard Faeldon.

“Meron kaming (We have) assigned OSSA, 24/7,” Senate Secretary Atty. Lutgardo Barbo said.

The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) said Faeldon will, in the meantime, be placed in a separate cell.

The BJMP spokesperson, however, stressed that despite this set-up, Faeldon will be treated as a regular detainee.

“Wala pong special treatment na pwedeng ibigay ang BJMP sa kanila. Kailangan niya pong mag-join ng mga regular activities,” BJMP Spokesperson S/Insp. Xavier Solda said.

(No special treatment will be given to him by BJMP. He is required to join regular activities.)

Faeldon’s camp sees this Senate decision as a welcome development.

“Very-very happy siya kasi po sa Senado, solitary siya.  Ang dalaw lang ay 8 a.m. hanggang 8 p.m. lang,” Faeldon’s Legal Counsel Atty. Jose Diño said.

(He is very happy because in the Senate he is in solitary. Visitors are only from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)

They have also reiterated their appeal to the Supreme Court for his provisional release.

“Yung (the) provisional release pending litigation, humihingi kami ng (we are asking a ) TRO,” Diño said.

Meanwhile, Malacañang maintains that it will not intervene with the issue.

The administration believes Faeldon is capable to perform his duties as Deputy Administrator of the Office of Civil Defense despite being in detention.

“Our position is he can perform his tasks wherever he maybe even in jail. We have never intervened in the legislative process,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said.

The Senate Blue Ribbon Committee has earlier placed Faeldon in detention after he refused to attend the committee’s probe on the corruption in the Bureau of Customs. – Nel Maribojoc | UNTV News & Rescue

Duterte to deliver public address on April 12, Roque says

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 10, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—President Rodrigo Duterte will deliver his public address on Monday (April 12), Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. confirmed.

In a text message to reporters on Saturday (April 10), the Palace official said the President will push through with his weekly public address on Monday.

Duterte skipped his public address last week after several members of the Presidential Security Group (PSG) tested positive for the COVID-19. Due to his several days of absence, speculations have surfaced questioning the state of the President’s health.

However, several officials, already assured that Duterte is of good health and will deliver his public address on Monday.

Meanwhile, Roque said he was admitted to a hospital for COVID-19 treatment. AAC

Roque in hospital for COVID-19 treatment

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 10, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines—Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. on Saturday (April 10) announced he is currently admitted in a hospital for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) treatment.

“This is to say that COVID-19 is more transmissible now so we have to do extra precaution,” he said.

Roque, meanwhile, also reiterated he will announce the risk classification of the National Capital Region (NCR) Plus Bubble on Saturday after the discussion with the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).

He also said  that President Rodrigo Duterte will deliver his public address on Monday (April 12).

The Palace official requested prayers for all COVID-19 patients in the country. AAC

Presidential spokesman Roque contracts COVID-19

Robie de Guzman   •   March 15, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines – Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque on Monday said he tested positive for novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

In a press briefing, Roque said he received information about the result on Monday morning after taking a COVID-19 test on Sunday.

He took the test because he was supposed to meet with President Rodrigo Duterte later in the day.

“Positibo po ako para sa COVID-19. Nag-test po ako kahapon lamang dahil sa pagpupulong kay Presidente mamaya, at ngayon po lumalabas na positibo,” Roque said.

“Iyong nagkaroon po sa akin ng close contact, I ask po for your indulgence, pero kinakailangan po kayong mag-quarantine,” he added.

The Palace official said he first took a test for COVID-19 last March 10 before he held a press conference in Ilocos Norte last March 12. His test result then was negative.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.