Formal charge served vs ex-PH envoy to Brazil over alleged staff mistreatment — Locsin
Robie de Guzman • November 9, 2020 • 700
MANILA, Philippines – A formal charge has been served on former Philippine Ambassador to Brazil Marichu Mauro over her alleged acts of abuse against her Filipina household service staff, Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. said Monday.
On his Twitter account, Locsin said the formal charge was served on Mauro on Monday morning and that he has already informed President Rodrigo Duterte about it.
“Charge served on her at 8:25 a.m. today. I sent a Memo to the President on it,” he said.
“The Hearing Panel’s report and charge will be passed upon and approved/disapproved by the Board of Foreign Service Administration; and finally by the Secretary. It shouldn’t take too long,” he added.
Mauro returned to the Philippines last week after she was recalled from her post following the release of video footage showing her berating and mistreating her household staff.
Locsin earlier said he has formed a panel to look into the series of alleged physical abuse that Mauro committed against her household helper.
The DFA issued such warning after reports from passport applicants who booked their passport appointment with assistance from unknown individuals online ended up paying more than what the DFA collects for passport issuance.
Worse, these applicants were given tampered application forms and incorrect instructions such as advise to pursue their appointment at a schedule or consular office different from the actual appointment schedule and site.
Applicants who have made an appointment with a third party, and are doubtful of the authenticity of their application, may call the DFA’s appointment hotline at 8234 3488 to verify their appointments.
Applications that were made through a third party will be accepted for processing only after the appointment and the identity of the applicant has been verified, the agency said.
Also, processing will only be done at the Consular Office where the appointment was made.
The public is reminded that passport appointments can be booked directly through https://passport.gov.ph, and applicants are strongly advised to use their own email address and mobile number to ensure that they receive the correct information on their appointment schedule and receive the application packet to be presented during the appointment.
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) informs the public that its Consular Office in Legazpi, Albay will be closed on Wednesday (November 11), due to inclement weather brought by Tropical Storm Ulysses.
The announcement is in line with Disaster Risk Reduction Management/ Coordinating Council on Access and Mobility (DRRM/CCAM) Council Advisory No. 25 s. 2020 of the city government of Legazpi.
The Consular Office – Legazpi will resume its regular operations on Thursday (November 12), unless otherwise advised.
In view of this, affected applicants with confirmed appointments who are unable to avail of consular services due to the suspension of operations must secure another appointment by emailing the Consular Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– Date of birth
– Original appointment date and time
– Preferred date and time of new appointment
The preferred new appointment may be on any working day from Monday to Friday from November 12 to December 11 during the Consular Office regular operation hours from 10:00AM to 5:00PM.
Applicants who need an emergency or urgent consular service may email the Consular Office at email@example.com.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.