EXCLUSIVE: Military uncovers CPP-NPA ouster plots vs Duterte

admin   •   September 25, 2018   •   3941

 

 

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_120617_NPA

File photo: New People’s Army

 

MANILA, Philippines — The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has uncovered several plots by the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) to oust President Rodrigo Duterte, after examining data of computers seized from the rebels.

The military said the CPP was planning to sabotage the commemoration of the declaration of martial law last September 21 with a plot similar to the Plaza Miranda Bombing in 1972.

AFP Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations Brig. Gen. Antonio Parlade said, the CCP’s plan was to recruit not only ordinary people but also prominent members of the opposition to participate in their staged protests.

In the middle of the program, a bomb was set to go off and at least injure a member of the opposition so that they can blame the incident on the administration.

“Kaya lang di sila nakabuo ng malaking grupo kaya dinisregard nila yung plano na yun,” said Parlade.

After failing to pull it off the communist rebels are back to the “Red October” ouster plot which they started executing way back in September 2017.

If the “Red October” plan fails, the Left has another plot set for November known as the “Lakbay Lumad Europe” and in December at the celebration of the Communist Party’s 50th Anniversary.

Parlade also denied allegations that the revelation of such conspiracies against the Chief Executive is merely psychological warfare.

“We don’t have to concoct anything kasi it’s there in the website. Magbasa lang at mag research lang yung mga tao natin makikita nila, yan ay plano ni Communist Party [founding chairman] na si Joma Sison; yan ang di alam ng coalition,” Parlade said. — Lea Ylagan / UNTV News & Rescue

Duterte to listen to public’s sentiment on VFA issue

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 26, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte is open to listening to the public about their sentiments on the issue regarding the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) with the United States (US).

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. said those who wish to voice out their opinions on whether the VFA should be abolished or not can send messages through the government hotline 8888.

Kung nais ninyong marinig ang inyong boses tungkol dito, huwag po kayong mag-atubili, kayo po ay magpadala ng e-mail o mensahe o kung anuman doon sa mga linya ng ating mga ahensiya sa gobyerno para makarating po kay Presidente (If you want your voices to be heard, do not hesitate and send an email or message through government agency hotlines for it to reach the President), he said.

Duterte, during his public address on Wednesday (February 24), said he is still undecided on what to do. He previously demanded the US to pay if it wants the VFA to continue.

Meanwhile, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Chief of Staff Lt.Gen. Cirilito Sobejana said the military will support the decision of the President but also said the Philippines should be able to defend itself without any assistance. -AAC (with reports from Rosalie Coz)

Duterte to visit areas affected by ‘Auring’—Palace

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 23, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—President Rodrigo Duterte is set to visit areas affected by the onslaught of tropical depression Auring, Malacañang announced on Tuesday (February 23).

Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles in an online briefing said the President wants to see firsthand the damage wrought by Auring and the situation of displaced residents. Duterte will visit the affected areas in the Caraga region accompanied by several members of the Cabinet.

Nograles reported that financial aid has already been given to the residents. He further assured that additional relief assistance will also be provided.

As of February 22, the number of families affected by Auring has reached 28,009. AAC (with reports from Rosalie Coz)

Duterte certifies as urgent bills expediting purchase of COVID-19 vaccine

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 18, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—President Rodrigo Duterte has certified as urgent two proposed measures that seek to expedite the procurement of COVID-19 vaccines, vaccine czar Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. confirmed.

On Thursday (February 18), Galvez announced that the President has certified as urgent two proposed legislations: Senate Bill 2057 or An act expediting the procurement and administration of vaccines for the protection against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19); and House Bill 8648 or Proposed Emergency Vaccine Procurement Act of 2021.

“Pinirmahan na po ng ating mahal na pangulo ang pag-sertipika ng panukalang batas as urgent. Nag-usap po kami kanina kasama po si Senator Bong Go at magandang balita po na talagang napirmahan na po niya ang Senate Bill na nakikita natin na makatutulong po sa atin, he said.

Senatre Majority Leader Miguel Zubiri, in a statement, said the Senate will try to pass the bill on second and third reading by Monday.

Meanwhile, the President has also approved a memorandum order that will authorize the local government to provide advance payments exceeding 15% of the total contract amount for the procurement of COVID-19 vaccines. AAC (with reports from Rosalie Coz)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.