Eusebio decries election fraud vs. Vico Sotto in Pasig City

Marje Pelayo   •   May 14, 2019   •   12092

Outgoing Mayor Bobby Eusebio (left) and Mayor-elect Vico Sotto (right)
Photo: Bobby Eusebio Facebook | Froilan Calces/UNTV

PASIG CITY, Philippines – Losing candidate Bobby Eusebio refused to yield to Vico Sotto in the city’s mayoralty race.

Eusebio, who belonged to the ruling clan that dominated the city for 27 years, accused their opponent of manipulating the election.

Minutes after the Commission on Elections (Comelec) proclaimed Sotto as the new mayor, Eusebio addressed his supporters inside the Pasig City Sports Center on Tuesday afternoon (May 14) to air his opposition to the poll results.

“Gusto kong iparating sa aking mga supporters din na hindi ko tinatanggap ang resulta,” the embattled reelectionist said.

Eusebio, joined by his wife Maribel, said he will file a case of election fraud against the camp of Sotto.

“Kami ay maglalatag ng protesta laban sa pangyayari dito sa Pasig. Gusto namin maging malinaw, kasi alam ng tao kung sino ang ibinoto (nila). Kung sino ang nanalo,” he said.

“Iyan ay mapapatunayan natin sa ating ipapa-file na election fraud na protesta dahil gusto nating marinig ang boses talaga ng tao at hindi ng makina. Kung sino ang nagwagi dito sa syudad bilang alkalde at bilang representante ng Pasig,” he added.

“Hindi kami naniniwala sa resulta ng eleksyon. Hindi nakita kung sino talaga ang totoong ibinoto ng kalakhang botante sa Pasig City dahil sa mga defective na mga PCOS. Nagkaroon ng dayaan sa paggamit ng mga PCOS machine,” former mayor Maribel accused.

Earlier today on his social media account, Sotto questioned the Comelec why “no one is able to tell us what the reason for the delay (of the proclamation) is” despite their lead of more than 50% of votes.

It was only around 3:30 in the afternoon that Sotto and his party mate Congressman-elect Roman Romulo were proclaimed.

Nevertheless, the new mayor thanked his supporters for the overwhelming support as he promised the Pasigueños of a new kind of governance in the city.

“Sa lahat ng mga Pasigueño, sa lahat ng mga sumuporta sa laban na ito, maraming maraming salamat,” the millenial mayor said.

“Kahit ang mga hindi sumuporta, basta moving forward, ay magtulungan po tayo para sa kinabukasan ng ating mahal na lungsod,” he concluded.

Sotto’s camp is yet to respond to Eusebio’s plan to file an election protest. – Marje Pelayo

Sotto vows to help free 11 detained Regent Foods workers as 12 others post bail

Maris Federez   •   November 18, 2019

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto

PASIG CITY, Philippines – The twelve Regent Foods Corporation workers who were detained following a violent dispersal of their picket line last week posted bail on Monday (November 18).

The workers held a picket on November 9 at a compound in Pasig City to appeal against the alleged contractualization problem, low salary, unfair labor practice, and violation of their right to form a union.

A group of armed guards and police, however, arrived at the scene where the violent dispersal ensued.

Twenty workers and two members of a labor group were arrested. Also arrested was a tricycle driver who just happened to be in the area.

Regent Foods charged them with slight physical injuries, resistance, and disobedience on top of alarm.

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) the labor dispute between Regent Foods and its workers is pending before the National Labor Relations Commission (NLRC).

“There are times na medyo mahirap iyong diskusyon pero bahagi po ng proseso eh. Ang sa amin naman po eventually, magkasundo po sila at sa tingin po namin iyon po iyong gustong patunguhan ng 2 partido,” DOLE Asec. Benjo Beñavidez said.

Meanwhile, Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto stated in his Facebook post that he requested Regent Foods to withdraw the charges it filed against the 23 workers.

Regent Foods owners Irwin and Susan Lee asked the local executive to give them time to consult their board members.

The company lawyers, however, informed Sotto that they will not withdraw the case, in which the young mayor said they will exert everything in their power to free the other 11 detained workers.

Mayor Vico early on Monday (November 18) met with the union leaders and the relatives of the detained workers to discuss how the 11 still detained workers will be freed.

Labor group ALU-TUCP condemned the violent dispersal committed by the security agencies against the workers.

They said it is the security guards the must be detained and not the picketing workers.

“Wala hong mandato, wala silang authority, wala silang kapangyarihan sa gobyerno na idisperse iyong mga manggagawa na legal na nagpipiket at nagpapahayag ng kanilang grievances sa management,” said Alan Tanjusay of ALU-TUCP. (from the report of Mai Bermudez) /mbmf

LGUs offer free rides to commuters affected by strike

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 30, 2019

Local government units (LGUs) has offered free rides to commuters who are left stranded due to the transport strike on Monday (September 30).

Based on the Facebook post of Pasig Transport, free rides are offered in six routes from 5:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Comelec junks poll protest vs Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 2, 2019

Former Pasig City Mayor Bobby Eusebio (left) and incumbent Mayor Vico Sotto (right)

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has junked the poll protest of former Pasig Mayor Robert “Bobby” Eusebio against incumbent mayor Vico Sotto.

Based on the decision of Comelec 2nd Division promulgated last August 30, the said protest is “insufficient in form and substance.”

“Protestant failed to provide a detailed specification of the acts or omissions complained of showing the electoral frauds, anomalies or irregularities in the protested precincts as required by Section 7(g) Rule 6 of Comelec Resolution no. 8804,” the decision states.

The Comelec 2nd Division said Eusebio’s party was not able to provide enough evidence that there was an anomaly during the Pasig City mayoral race last May.

READ: Sotto, Zamora, Moreno topple giants; make history in PH politics

Sotto had 86,500 more votes than Eusebio, ending his 37-year reign as the mayor of Pasig City.—AAC (with reports from Aiko Miguel)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.