MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Guillermo Eleazar on Tuesday ordered the dismissal from service of five policemen accused in the kidnap-slay of an online seller in Nueva Ecija.
The PNP identified the following cops who were tagged in the abduction and the killing of Nadia Casar:
- Police Staff Sergeant Benedict Matias Reyes, assigned at the Sta. Rosa Municipal Police Station in Nueva Ecija
- Police Staff Sergeant June Malillin of the Palayan City Police Station
- Police Corporal Julius Alcantara of the Nueva Ecija Provincial Police Office Drug Enforcement Unit
- Police Master Sergeant Rowen Martin, assigned at the Cabanatuan City Police Station
- Police Staff Sergeant Drextemir Esmundo of the Cabiao Municipal Police Station
Two civilians, identified as Franklin Macapagal and Dario Robarios, were also linked to the incident after a witness to the crime identified them.
The PNP said Reyes, Malillin, Alcantara, and Robarios are now in police custody; while Martin, Esmundo, and Macapagal remain at large. They have been charged in the Department of Justice.
Initial police investigation showed that Casar and a Grab driver she hired were kidnapped by at least five men at around 1:45 p.m. on July 20 in Barangay Tagpos, Sta. Rosa, Nueva Ecija.
Suspects allegedly took the driver’s cellular phone and P4,500 cash and released him around 3 a.m. of July 21.
On August 1, the burnt body of the victim was found buried at Sitio Pinagpala in Palayan City.
Eleazar said he has directed the PNP Internal Affairs Service to immediately initiate summary dismissal proceedings against the five cops.
He also tasked the PNP Anti-Kidnapping Group and the Integrity Monitoring and Enforcement Group to conduct manhunt operations against the three suspects who remain at large.
“Mariin nating kinokondena ang pangyayaring ito. Sinisiguro ko sa inyong masisibak sa serbisyo at pananagutin natin sa batas ang lahat ng pulis na sangkot sa pagdukot at pagpatay kay Nadia Casar,” the PNP chief said.
Eleazar expressed his sympathies to the victim’s family as he vowed swift justice for her killing.