Duterte youth urges COMELEC to reveal alleged rigging in 2016 presidential elections

UNTV News   •   June 7, 2017   •   10889

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_060617_DUTERTE YOUTH

 

MANILA — President Rodrigo Duterte won 20 million votes and not just 16 million in the previous presidential polls.

This was according to the group, Duterte Youth, who says the President lost more than 4 million votes due to fraud in the 2016 elections.

“Yes we believe, in the facts of the Philippine Computer Society, which is composed of computer experts of the Philippines. They have showed us that there really is something wrong with the results. Mayor Duterte should have gotten majority votes,” said Duterte Youth chairman, Ronald Cardema.

The group blames the election service provider Smartmatic for the alleged irregularity.

It claims there has been a violation in the contract of Smartmatic that led to the alleged reduction of votes for the President.

“One of the facts we saw was one of the computers from the precincts up to the computers of the Complex Central Office there was a computer of Smartmatic an intermediary server which was not in the approved system allowed by our government,” Cardema added.

It prompted the group to send a letter request to the COMELEC to present to them how the fraud happened.

Duterte Youth says the Philippine Computer Society will be the one to present the evidence in connection with the allegations. .

The Duterte Youth also aims to remove Smartmatic as the country’s service provider for the 2019 Senatorial Elections.

It asks the COMELEC to allow it present its set of evidence on June 13.

COMELEC refused to grant our request for a comment on the matter as well as the Smartmatic for its reaction. – Mon Jocson | UNTV News and Rescue

Palace says Duterte still pondering on attending ASEAN-US Summit

Aileen Cerrudo   •   January 23, 2020

President Rodrigo Duterte

Malacañang said President Rodrigo Duterte is still pondering on whether or not to attend the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the United States Summit in March.

In a press briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said the President expressed willingness to visit the United States, however the president is not sure whether his visa will be approved.

Panelo added Duterte might not want to visit the US since some US senators “would be unhappy to see him”. This is amid the resolution of banning the entry of Philippine officials involved in imprisoning former Senator Leila de Lima.

READ: Bato confirms his US visa has been canceled

The Palace official also clarified that the President is not enforcing conditions regarding his visit in the US.

“From what I look at his responses, gusto niya pumunta, iyan ang naisip ko, (he wants to visit, that’s what I think),” Panelo said. “[Duterte] just expressed certain sentiments relative to some issues that may affect his entry.”

Duterte has been previously invited by US President Donald Trump but he refused due to the extreme weather conditions in the US as well as the long-hour flight.

Panelo cited that the recent invitation was not a personal one so the President is still pondering on whether to accept the invitation or not.

READ: Trump invites Duterte, other ASEAN leaders for March Summit

“This one is an official invitation to all ASEAN leaders and there is a special summit,” he said.

Trump has invited Duterte and nine other ASEAN leaders for the US-ASEAN Summit in Las Vegas.—AAC (with reports from Rosalie Coz)

SWS: Duterte’s satisfaction rating hits new record-high

Aileen Cerrudo   •   January 22, 2020

President Rodrigo Duterte

President Rodrigo Duterte’s satisfaction rating has reached a new record high, according to the recent survey of Social Weather Stations (SWS).

Based on the 4th Quarter 2019 SWS Survey, Duterte got a 72% excellent net satisfaction rating, which is seven points higher compared to his September rating of 65%.

Malacañang welcomed the survey result saying President Duterte still has the support of the people.

“This means that the President has the support of the people, for which he is very thankful. But more than that, the people support him because they feel his legacy of real change,” said Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar .—AAC (with reports from Rosalie Coz)

Duterte vows to help Cebu build new infrastructures amid traffic woes

Aileen Cerrudo   •   January 21, 2020

President Rodrigo Duterte vowed to help Cebu City build new infrastructures amid the severe traffic problem experienced in the city.

During his speech on Sunday (January 19), Duterte said that Cebu should focus on building a mass transportation system such as railway system.

“If you could make it a mass transportation, that would be better. Only few will be able to do that. But it’s either train or skyways. Let’s opt for elevated highways,” he said.

“The only way to do it is by utilizing a small commuter train and more highways. I will help you secure a loan for that,” he added.

The chief executive also said said he wants similar projects be constructed in Cebu. He reiterated that he does not want any project left unfinished —AAC

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.