by UNTV News | Posted on Thursday, November 24th, 2016
President Rodrigo Duterte threatened to abolish the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) should its officials refuse to resign.
“If they do not resign, I will conduct my own audit and file lawsuits against them in court. I will see to it that they will be…if it is plunder, be sure…I will make it sure that you go to jail with no bail,” warned the president.
President Rodrigo Duterte insisted on his previous decision to order the resignation of the officials of the ERC.
This, after receiving reports of alleged rampant corruption in the said agency.
The president warned that, if ERC officials do not resign, he will not have second thoughts of abolishing the said office and creating a new agency instead.
“I demand that they all resign. If you do not lie, it’s easy. We will abolish the office. I will not grant any single centavo. You can stay there forever; put up another,” he said.
Corruption in the ERC have come to the fore following the death of ERC Bids and Awards Committee director, Francisco Jose Villa Jr. due to issues of corruption.
Aside from the ERC, the president also aims to look into other government agencies.
One of the things the president would like to abolish is the existence of consultants such as in the case of the ERC.
“Consultant here, consultant there. Where’s your brain? You were placed there because you know how to think. You spend the money of…I will review all, all government corporations,” said Duterte.
He also said that if abolishment does happen, the government can save much, which can be used as fund for other important matters, such as additional equipment for the police and the military. — Victor Cosare │UNTV News and Rescue
by UNTV News and Rescue | Posted on Tuesday, July 17th, 2018
MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte wants the passage of Disaster Agency Bill before the end of the year.
Under the proposal, the government will establish a new agency which will be called Department of Disaster Resiliency which will replace the current National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
The bill is currently being drafted although there are other proposals in disaster management that are still pending in Congress.
It can be recalled that in the previous State of the Nation Address (SONA) of the President, he recommended the creation of an Enhance Disaster Resiliency and Response Department. – Rosalie Coz / Marje Pelayo
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte will submit to Congress on July 23 the proposed 2019 cash-based national budget to coincide with his third State of the Nation Address (SONA).
According to Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque, the President approved the proposed budget during the 27th Cabinet meeting in Malacañang on Monday night (July 9).
The proposed budget for next year is 3.757 trillion pesos which is 10 billion pesos lower than last year’s budget.
Under cash-based appropriations, agencies will be forced to spend their respective budgets within the fiscal year or else would lose them.
In the past, the obligations-based budget allowed distributions within a two-year period.
Agencies will also no longer submit projects to the department of budget and management that are not yet implementation-ready.
The biggest proposed allocations are for personnel services, maintenance expenditures, capital outlays and allotments for local government units.
Meanwhile, there are no details yet if the proposal already includes the fund for the plebiscite on the shift to the federal government next year.
However, the government is confident that the Congress can allot supplemental budget for this, if necessary.
“What we expect, the referendum will coincide with the 2019 national elections so it will be included in the budget of 2019 national elections if it will really push through,” Roque said. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News & Rescue
by UNTV News | Posted on Thursday, June 28th, 2018
Oath-taking of barangay officials in Tarlac
MANILA, Philippines —Several senators are backing President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) to audit the performances of local officials in relation to the administration’s intensified campaign against crime and illegal drugs.
According to Senate local government committee chairman Sonny Angara, he is currently pushing for the passage of proposals seeking to empower local government units and increase their funds to effectively curb crime and proliferation of illegal drugs in barangays.
To date, there are 11 bills filed in the Senate looking to amend the LGU code and to include the value-added tax on imported goods collected by the Bureau of Customs (BOC) on the computation of internal revenue allotment (IRA).
This is aside from the measures seeking to increase the IRA to 50 percent from 40 percent share.
According to Senator Angara, appropriated LGU funds are measly to support other programs for their constituents, based on their consultations.
Available data show that 40 percent of 41,902 barangays received IRA of one million or less.
But Senator Antonio Trillanes IV nixed the move, saying this might only bring negative effects to the local communities.
He also slammed Duterte’s proposal to arm village officials and watchmen.
“Walang purpose nito but just to promote the culture of violence, culture of death, after arming them hihikayatin niya itong, barilin niyo yung mga suspetsa niyo na adik o criminal,” said Trillanes. — Nel Maribojoc | UNTV News & Rescue
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.