Duterte to consult AFP, PNP on Reds’ planned ceasefire declaration
admin • March 27, 2017 • 2982
MANILA — The Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) announced on Saturday, it plans to declare an interim ceasefire before the end of January.
This is to support the anticipated resumption of the peace talks between the government and the National Democratic Front (NDFF) on April 2 to 5 in the Netherlands.
Before the government acts ahead of the imminent ceasefire, President Rodrigo Duterte wants to meet with the National Security Council and the leaders of Congress.
“There is no such thing as an absolute decision, especially if it involves the interest of the country…I have to convene the National Security Council and I have to ask the generals of the army and the police,” he said.
It can be noted that President Duterte ordered to halt the peace talks after the new people’s army attacked military personnel despite the unilateral ceasefire.
President Duterte said he will seek the council of the military and the police if declaring ceasefire again is good.
“Kapag ganon hindi naman sila sumusunod (If they’re not observing it) . . . magkakaroon ng (there will be an) aberration in the system of talking about peace,” he told reporters.
President Duterte insisted his conditions before continuing the peace talks, such as a written ceasefire agreement; release of all of NPA’s prisoners of war; stop the claiming of territories in the country and stop the collection of revolutionary taxes. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News and Rescue
MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has issued a proclamation amending some dates that have long been traditional holidays in the country and making them now ‘special working days.’
Under Proclamation No. 1107, the president declared the following days as ‘special working days’ for the year 2021:
November 2 – All souls’ day
December 24 – Christmas eve
December 31 – New Year’s eve
These dates were previously classified as special non-working days under Proclamation No. 986 s. 2020.
“For the country to recover from the adverse economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a need to encourage economic productivity by, among others, minimizing work disruption and commemorating some special holidays as special (working) days instead,” Duterte said in his order.
The coronavirus pandemic has plunged the country’s economy into a slump last year due to a lockdown that affected many businesses and workers.
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has designated the National Bureau of Investigation to be the sole agency to investigate the alleged misencounter between cops and operatives of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Malacañang said Friday.
“Nagdesisyon po ang ating president na tanging NBI lang po ang mag-iimbestiga duon sa putukan na nangyari sa panig ng mga kapulisan at PDEA diyan po sa Quezon City,” Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said.
The shooting incident involving policemen and PDEA operatives occurred on Wednesday afternoon near a mall along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City. Four individuals – two cops, a PDEA agent and an informant – were killed in the gun battle.
The PNP and PDEA earlier said that a joint Board of Inquiry has been created to look into the incident.
But due to Duterte’s order, the joint probe will have to be discontinued.
“’Yung mga binuong joint panel para imbestigahan yan, na binuo po ng PNP at PDEA ay di na po magtutuloy sa kanilang imbestigahan,” Roque said.
Both PNP and PDEA assured to work with the NBI in compliance with Duterte’s directive. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to witness in person the arrival of the Philippines’ very first batch of COVID-19 vaccines scheduled on Sunday (February 28) at the Villamor Airbase in Pasay City.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque confirmed in a message that the event on Monday is part of the President’s schedule.
He is expected to be joined by other government officials in welcoming the shipment of the much-awaited 600,000 doses of CoronaVac of the pharmaceutical firm Sinovac donated by China.
A total of 100,000 doses of the CoronaVac will be reserved for members of the military.
Once the vaccines arrive, the government is expected to kick-off the nationwide vaccine rollout on Monday (March 1) which will prioritize frontline health workers, uniformed personnel, and senior citizens among other sectors.
“It is a fine tradition between China and the Philippines to help each other in trying times. A friend in need is a friend indeed. The donation of vaccines is another testament to the solidarity as well as profound friendship and partnership between our two peoples and two countries,” Ambassador Huang said on Facebook.
“I want to thank all those who have worked so hard in order to make this happen! I hope the vaccines will help kick off Philippines’ mass inoculation campaign to curb the pandemic and allow Filipinos’ life to return to normal at the earliest,” he added.
Meanwhile in a post on Twitter, the Chinese Embassy refuted claims that Sinovac’s COVID-19 vaccine shouldn’t be given to health workers who have high exposure to positive cases.
The Embassy said the pharma company’s first trial inoculation on health workers in Brazil yielded positive results.
“Even under such extremely challenging conditions, the vaccine has show 100% protection to prevent fatal cases or severe cases that need hospitalization, 80% protection to prevent mild case which don’t need any medical intervention,” it said.
Thus, the Embassy said, “the Sinovac is good for medical workers with exposure to COVID-19.”
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.